Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 11:09

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%
Default ADD/ADHD, Autism and Low Carb Keto Diet, etc.

My hopes for this thread is to help anyone with these and similar concerns find a better life.

My struggle with my son has been one of a lonely struggle to improve his life. Last night we were talking, and soon he was brushing away tears. I was determined to figure out how to change things for him. He has been sick a lot since CHristmas, and disappears into his room, to live on his laptop gaming. After several previous failures to talk to him, I felt the need to move him to the next step.....give up laptop time and rejoin the world.

THe conversation if it could be called that, was enlightening. HE is unhappy. That is my first warning of suicide. Scares me. Terrifies me. A student in his school the top junior killed herself jumping off an overpass.

He takes Concerta and generic methylphenadate. I asked about his meds, and the timing. I asked about the supplements.

The supplements. The best book I ever read was Healing ADD by Dr Daniel AMen, a book that I reached for after listening to his PBS program for the umteenth time, when a Eureka moment struck. I was watching because of the similaries to my sons life and mine. THank you Dr AMen!! He lists supplements that can be helpful for many issues, but it is up to me the reader to sort thru the symptoms to find the solution. He was more help than any "professional".

Even school was dismissing of my sons issues and certainly dissed his risk for suicide. I watch, like a hawk. Here was the peice I was worried about but it was masked. It was not his usual expression of unhappieness.

We discussed each of his supplements. He had dropped one and was only getting one of his seratonin boosting and skipping the St Johns WOrt.

His health and well being fall on me. I am his guardian, not in the legal sense, but in spearheading a path to a better life.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 11:10

BF:

I tend to just post findings so do jump in anywhere.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 11:17

BF:

A new member to the forum has been jumping in with two feet into the world of better health and prevention of health issues. One of his links is this one.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4221920/

A techical paper that is esoteric and takes patience to read, and re read. I found gold in the table for one of the treatment patients, where cognative issues had caused her to nearly quit work with a list of capabilites that had deminished. I felt scared and excited all at once when those same issues are what my son and I face on a daily basis, and have for life. Hoping that if this woman could change her stars by following the program, then maybe we could too.

As I read thru the extensive treatment I was struck by the number of supplements that are the same that Dr AMen recommends. OMG.

I like Dr AMends take on supplements (OTC) and meds ( Scripts) and his anaology to needing reading glasses. We supplement to improve our view of the world. DId you know eyes are brain tissue??

Im scared. Im hopeful.

We tend to already eat a good diet. Because of DANDR. But it could be better.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 11:26

BF:

My son was having a great day a week ago, getting tons of work done. WIth little supervision to keep on track. I wondered at the unusal behavior.

I tend to be observant. Looking for relationships. I would like to think my years of working around animals was the set up for managing a child with ADD/Asbergers.

In the past he would get very irritable, then gets a bite to eat, and all is well in the world again. He goes froom falling apart like the world hates him to all is well. I didnt have an explaination for this senerio, I just know it works.

WHen he was working well the other day he had not eaten for a while. THese days He tends to function well when he hasnt eaten in some time. So different than the irritability that normally hits.

Made me think that he maybe keto adapted and his body can easily switch to fat store to keep his irritability at bay.

Now how to hav him eat to maximize the effectiveness of eating keto.

Because he is also low seratonin. Low carbs is NOT a good senerio.

I think I need to write out a few options and then trial each for its effects.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 11:27

BF:

THe chart did not translate well but hopefully manageable format anyway.

Optimize diet: minimize simple CHO, minimize inflammation. Patients given choice of several low glycemic, low inflammatory, low grain diets. Minimize inflammation, minimize insulin resistance.

Enhance autophagy, ketogenesis Fast 12 hr each night, including 3 hr prior to bedtime. Reduce insulin levels, reduce Aβ.

Reduce stress Personalized—yoga or meditation or music, etc. Reduction of cortisol, CRF, stress axis.

Optimize sleep 8 hr sleep per night; melatonin 0.5mg po qhs; Trp 500mg po 3x/wk if awakening. Exclude sleep apnea. [36]

Exercise 30-60′ per day, 4-6 days/wk [37, 38]

Brain stimulation Posit or related [39]

Homocysteine <7 Me-B12, MTHF, P5P; TMG if necessary [40]

Serum B12 >500 Me-B12 [41]

CRP <1.0; A/G >1.5 Anti-inflammatory diet; curcumin; DHA/EPA; optimize hygiene Critical role of inflammation in AD
Fasting insulin <7; HgbA1c <5.5 Diet as above Type II diabetes-AD relationship

Hormone balance Optimize fT3, fT4, E2, T, progesterone, pregnenolone, cortisol [5, 42]

GI health Repair if needed; prebiotics and probiotics Avoid inflammation, autoimmunity

Reduction of A-beta Curcumin, Ashwagandha 43-45

Cognitive enhancement Bacopa monniera, MgT [46, 47]

25OH-D3 = 50-100ng/ml Vitamins D3, K2 [48]

Increase NGF H. erinaceus or ALCAR [49, 50]

Provide synaptic structural components Citicoline, DHA [51].

Optimize antioxidants Mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols, Se, blueberries, NAC, ascorbate, α-lipoic acid [52]

Optimize Zn:fCu ratio Depends on values obtained [53]

Ensure nocturnal oxygenation Exclude or treat sleep apnea [54]

Optimize mitochondrial function CoQ or ubiquinol, α-lipoic acid, PQQ, NAC, ALCAR, Se, Zn, resveratrol, ascorbate, thiamine [55]

Increase focus Pantothenic acid Acetylcholine synthesis requirement
Increase SirT1 function Resveratrol [32]

Exclude heavy metal toxicity Evaluate Hg, Pb, Cd; chelate if indicated CNS effects of heavy metals

MCT effects Coconut oil or Axona [56]
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 11:35

BF:

key to above.

CHO, carbohydrates; Hg, mercury; Pb, lead; Cd, cadmium; MCT, medium chain triglycerides; PQQ, polyquinoline quinone; NAC, N-acetyl cysteine; CoQ, coenzyme Q; ALCAR, acetyl-L-carnitine; DHA, docosahexaenoic acid; MgT, magnesium threonate; fT3, free triiodothyronine; fT4, free thyroxine; E2, estradiol; T, testosterone; Me-B12, methylcobalamin; MTHF, methyltetrahydrofolate; P5P, pyridoxal-5-phosphate; TMG, trimethylglycine; Trp, tryptophan
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 11:40

BF:

Patient one: therapeutic program
As noted above, and following an extended discussion of the components of the therapeutic program, the patient began on some but not all of the system: (1) she eliminated all simple carbohydrates, leading to a weight loss of 20 pounds; (2) she eliminated gluten and processed food from her diet, and increased vegetables, fruits, and non-farmed fish; (3) in order to reduce stress, she began yoga, and ultimately became a yoga instructor; (4) as a second measure to reduce the stress of her job, she began to meditate for 20 minutes twice per day; (5) she took melatonin 0.5mg po qhs; (6) she increased her sleep from 4-5 hours per night to 7-8 hours per night; (7) she took methylcobalamin 1mg each day; (8) she took vitamin D3 2000IU each day; (9) she took fish oil 2000mg each day; (10) she took CoQ10 200mg each day; (11) she optimized her oral hygiene using an electric flosser and electric toothbrush; (12) following discussion with her primary care provider, she reinstated HRT (hormone replacement therapy) that had been discontinued following the WHI report in 2002; (13) she fasted for a minimum of 12 hours between dinner and breakfast, and for a minimum of three hours between dinner and bedtime; (14) she exercised for a minimum of 30 minutes, 4-6 days per week.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 11:44

BF:

Patient two: therapeutic program
The patient began on the following parts of the overall therapeutic system: (1) he fasted for a minimum of three hours between dinner and bedtime, and for a minimum of 12 hours between dinner and breakfast; (2) he eliminated simple carbohydrates and processed foods from his diet; (3) he increased consumption of vegetables and fruits, and limited consumption of fish to non-farmed, and meat to occasional grass-fed beef or organic chicken; (4) he took probiotics; (5) he took coconut oil i tsp bid; (6) he exercised strenuously, swimming 3-4 times per week, cycling twice per week, and running once per week; (7) he took melatonin 0.5mg po qhs, and tried to sleep as close to 8 hours per night as his schedule would allow; (8) he took herbs Bacopa monniera 250mg, Ashwagandha 500mg, and turmeric 400mg each day; (9) he took methylcobalamin 1mg, methyltetrahydrofolate 0.8mg, and pyridoxine-5-phosphate 50mg each day; (10) he took citicoline 500mg po bid; (11) he took vitamin C 1g per day, vitamin D3 5000IU per day, vitamin E 400IU per day, CoQ10 200mg per day, Zn picolinate 50mg per day, and α-lipoic acid 100mg per day; (12) he took DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) 320mg and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 180mg per day.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 11:46

BF:

Patient three: history
A 55-year-old attorney suffered progressively severe memory loss for four years. She accidentally left the stove on when she left her home on multiple occasions, and then returned, horrified to see that she had left it on once again. She would forget meetings, and agree to multiple meetings at the same time. Because of an inability to remember anything after a delay, she would record conversations, and she carried an iPad on which she took copious notes (but then forgot the password to unlock her iPad). She had been trying to learn Spanish as part of her job, but was unable to remember virtually anything new. She was unable to perform her job, and she sat her children down to explain to them that they could no longer take advantage of her poor memory, that instead they must understand that her memory loss was a serious problem. Her children noted that she frequently became lost in mid-sentence, that she was slow with responses, and that she frequently asked if they had followed up on something she thought she had asked them to do, when in fact she had never asked them to do the tasks to which she referred.

This is my life. I often bring son 2 to important things--- his memory is extraordinary.

I am hopeful.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 12:01

BF:

Comprehensive list, not a great source but good enough for a start.

https://bodyecology.com/articles/bo...heals_brain.php

TIPS FOR BOOSTING SEROTONIN NATURALLY
While anti-depressants are often the medical mainstream’s choice for increasing serotonin, they often have undesirable side effects like low libido and low energy. I am not surprised at this because any use of drugs, whether prescription or over-the-counter, make your blood acidic. Among other things, this depletes your adrenals, a chief organ for creating energy.

Over time, blood that is too acidic can set your body up for pathogens and disease.

Please keep in mind that I am not advocating ignoring your doctor or medical professional’s advice. However, recognizing some natural ways that your body can make serotonin and obtain plenty of the important co-factor, vitamin B6, may free you from needing to rely on long-term use of prescription drugs.

If you decide to go this route, it can be helpful to work with a creative medical professional or naturopathic doctor who understands the power of food to influence your body’s biochemical processes.

Here are several tips for naturally boosting serotonin with the Body Ecology program:
Get enough vitamin B6 – since you must acquire this very important vitamin from your foods (or supplements), here are some vitamin B6-rich options: spinach, turnip greens, garlic, cauliflower, mustard greens, celery, fish (especially tuna, halibut, salmon, cod and snapper), poultry (chicken and turkey) and lean beef tenderloin.
You’ll be delighted to know that the many fermented foods and beverages on the Body Ecology Diet contain beneficial microflora that manufacture B-Vitamins right down inside you…right at the gut wall so they assimilate quickly.
Eat Body Ecology recommended grain-like seeds – Amaranth, buckwheat, millet and quinoa are seeds with grain-like taste and properties. These are healthy, high-protein carbohydrates and small amounts of the right carbohydrates are critical to boosting serotonin.
I strongly suggest you have one of these Body Ecology grain-like seeds with land vegetables, ocean vegetables and cultured vegetables for your dinner meal. This nice dose of serotonin in the early evening will help you sleep better at night.

When you eat Body Ecology grain-like seeds in the late afternoon or early evening for your dinner meal...when blood sugar may be low...they are especially helpful for boosting your mood and for combating the desire to over eat.

These grain-like seeds also provide important B vitamins. As just mentioned B vitamins play a critical role in brain health and in the manufacture of all your neurotransmitters including serotonin.Vitamins B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B6 (pyridoxine) as well as vitamin D, folic acid and selenium plus calcium, and magnesium are needed to make serotonin.

For protein meals: focus on digestion and food combining – Eating foods that are high in protein – and specifically have a higher percentage of tryptophan (like turkey, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds), will provide much needed tryptophan, the precursor to serotonin. But beware: because research shows that eating protein with carbohydrates actually works against your ability to make serotonin.1At Body Ecology, we recommend the principle of food combining, which reinforces your body’s ability to make serotonin AND improves your ability to digest protein.
Eating a high animal protein diet does not help create more serotonin.

In fact, it can actually make things worse. This is because tryptophan completes with other amino acids to reach your brain. Unfortunately tryptophan looses in this contest.

You’ll find that eating a meal of the Body Ecology grain-like seeds is a better solution to increase serotonin. Quinoa, for example, is an excellent plant source of protein that also has those important B Vitamins. Unlike animal protein it is also an alkaline-forming food.

If you eat a tryptophan-rich protein at lunch, then switch to a Body Ecology grain meal in the evening, it can help reduce overeating and boost your mood. According to Dr. Judith Wurtz, it can also combat Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), which is when you experience fatigue and depression in the winter months.2

To boost your mood and immunity naturally, protein and probiotic-rich InnergyBiotic is the delicious natural answer! If you want to combat sugar cravings and arm your body with natural B vitamins, try InnergyBiotic and watch your energy soar!

Include fermented foods and drinks in your diet – Fermented foods and drinks greatly assist in digestion and assimilation of all the important nutrients you need for serotonin. Additionally, they boost the nutrients in your food by at least a hundred fold. As mentioned above they manufacture those essential B vitamins that help with boosting your mood.Microflora rich Dong Quai is an excellent fermented drink that supports your energy and mood AND decreases cravings for sugar.
Get plenty of Exercise – Researchers have found that exercise boosts serotonin. Even gentle exercise like walking and rebounding can boost your immunity and mood.3
Get massages and other forms of body work – We’ve heard about the healing power of touch, but now research backs it up! A study conducted by the Touch Research Institutes at the University of Miami School of Medicine shows that massage increases serotonin by 28% and decreases cortisol (the stress hormone) by 31%.4
Have fun in the sun - Early morning sunlight is more intense and this can boost your body’s production of melatonin in the evening. Serotonin converts to melatonin for a great night’s sleep. Getting outside for a 20-minute walk in the early morning sunlight can boost your mood and improve your sleep!5
Consider purchasing a BioMat. This is a wonderful pad that you lie on -- ideally with headphones and beautiful relaxing music that increases brain cells. The BioMat combines far infrared negative ions and amethyst crystals and produces negative ions that increase the flow of oxygen to your brain having a positive effect on how serotonin is oxidized in your blood stream. Like a large, chamber-size and more expensive sauna the Bio Mat also helps with removal of toxins that interfere with brain health. I recommend the smaller size because it is more affordable and yet you can still do a “sauna-level” sweat on it.
Reduce Stress – prolonged physical or emotional stress produce adrenaline and cortisol, which interfere with serotonin.6 It’s very common in today’s modern world to try to fit an overwhelming amount of work and errands into a day or week. This creates chronic stress. Shifting your lifestyle and adding more relaxation into your week can make a huge difference.
Eliminate sugar (or at least drastically reduce sugar) – If you have low serotonin, you may have intense cravings for sugar. This is your body’s way of trying to increase serotonin because eating sugar produces insulin, which helps tryptophan go into your brain. However, too much sugar can eventually cause addiction to sugar, insulin resistance, hypoglycemia and type 2 diabetes.Instead, satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way with Stevia or Lakanto. Both of these sweeteners are zero calories, do not raise blood sugar (insulin), don’t feed candida and actually benefit your health!
Focus on Emotional Healing – Reducing stress and focusing on spending more time relaxing is a first step to boosting serotonin. You can take this even further by taking action in key areas to remove negative emotions like fear, guilt and anger.
While research has been promising on natural supplements like L-Tryptophan, 5-HTP and SAMe, I’d like to cover these in another article. Your doctor or natural health practitioner may be able to guide you with respect to these supplements as well.

HAPPINESS AS A LIFESTYLE
Doing this naturally means you may have to shift many long-standing habits. To keep your stress levels low when experiencing this kind of change, make sure to follow Body Ecology’s step-by-step principle. Even baby steps towards changes in your eating habits can offer big rewards.

Rewards like feeling better, sleeping better and feeling like your mind is more clear. This is nature’s gift to us.

It is often said we are spiritual beings having a human experience. As humans, we are NATURAL beings. Our bodies have not evolved much over the last 100 years, but our lifestyles, technology, manufactured foods, personal care products and environment have changed dramatically. Sometimes this means we have to go back to basics...back to nature...to create our best health.

You owe it to yourself to create healthy habits that will keep you feeling energized and vibrant for the long-term!

For more information on the Body Ecology program, get your copy of The Body Ecology Diet (with FREE bonus!) today.
Sources:
Wurtman, Judith J., PhD, and Marquis, Nina Frusztajer, MD. The Serotonin Power Diet.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/sero...power-diet.html
Wurtman, Judith J., PhD. SAD, Serotonin and Carbohydrates
http://www.dietdetective.com/content/view/2776/177/
Dunn, Andrea, Ph.D., "[Exercise] affects the biology in the brain in the same way that anti-depressant drugs do." http://www.fitcommerce.com/BLUEPRIN...talId=2&cid=112
Field T, Hernandez-Reif M, Diego M, Schanberg S, Kuhn C. Cortisol decreases and serotonin and dopamine increase following massage therapy.Touch Research Institutes, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA. tfield~med.miami.edu
Challem, Jack. Sunshine for Your Mind. The Nutrition Reporter. 2002. http://www.thenutritionreporter.com...r_the_mind.html
Plesman, Jurriaan, BA (Psych). THE SEROTONIN CONNECTION, Post Grad Dip Clinical Nutrition. http://www.hypoglycemia.asn.au/arti...n.html).Vitamin B6. Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University.
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocent...mins/vitaminB6/
Bouchez, Collette. Reviewed by Nazario, Brunilda, MD. Serotonin: 9 Questions and Answers. WebMD.
http://www.webmd.com/depression/fea...ons-and-answers

Vitamin B6. The World’s Healthiest Foods.
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?...trient&dbid=108

Tryptophan. The World’s Healthiest Foods
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?...trient&dbid=103

Overactive Transporters of Serotonin are Linked to Autism.
http://www.narsad.org/news/press/rg...2008-04-02.html

Get Angry When Hungry? Blame Low Serotonin. Reuters. June 2008.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24992222/

http://www.restoreunity.org/blockin..._of_seroton.htm
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 12:45

BF:

http://www.chatelaine.com/health/we...rotonin-levels/

WELLNESS
5 natural ways to increase your serotonin levels

Vitamin B, St. John’s Wort, and natural sunlight are some of the ways to boost your mood.
by Natasha Turner, ND Updated Mar 17, 2017 52

This article was originally published in April 2013 and has been updated.

What causes the dip in mood?
Though serotonin is typically recognized as a brain chemical, the majority of this neurotransmitter is produced in our digestive tract. Serotonin exerts powerful influence over mood, emotions, memory, cravings (especially for carbohydrates), pain sensation, sleep habits, appetite, digestion and body-temperature regulation. It is often thought of as our “happy hormone,” especially because its production increases when we’re exposed to natural sunlight. And let’s face it, after months of being stuck indoors, most Canadians are battling low serotonin levels.

Production of serotonin is closely linked to the availability of vitamin B6 and the amino acid tryptophan. If our diet lacks sufficient vitamins, we run a greater risk of serotonin deficiency. We may experience a dip in serotonin in relation to physiological causes, digestive disorders and also stress, since high levels of the stress hormone cortisol rob us of serotonin. When we measure our current lifestyle against all the elements necessary for the body’s natural production of serotonin, add in chronic stress — one of the main causes of serotonin depletion — it’s no wonder many of us suffer from depleted serotonin.

Let’s take a look at what you can do to ensure you keep your serotonin levels up:

1. Alleviate sadness with 5-HTP

A derivative of tryptophan, and one step closer to serotonin, 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) has been found to actually be more effective than tryptophan for treating sleeplessness, depression, anxiety and fibromyalgia.

2. Calm your brain with a B vitamin
I recommend that my patients keep a B-complex at their desk during times of stress. High total intakes of vitamins B6 and B12 are associated with a lower risk of depressive symptoms over time in community-residing older adults, according to the results of a study reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Vitamin B6 in particular supports the production of serotonin in the brain.

3. Smile with St. John’s Wort

This herb has been proven effective for easing mild to moderate depression. It appears to work as a natural SSRI (selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor) by preventing the breakdown of serotonin in the brain.

4. Add inositol to your smoothies

Naturally present in many foods, some studies have shown that inositol improves the activity of serotonin in the brain. As a supplement, it may be effective in alleviating anxiety and depression and supporting nervous system health. I use it in powdered form and add it to my daily smoothie or a glass of water before bed. Inositol is very effective for calming the nervous system when mixed with magnesium.

5. Follow the light

There’s a pretty good reason that Canadians love their patios – after being stuck inside all winter, we can hardly wait to get some fresh air and sunlight. Heading into the sunshine, even on a cool day, is the quickest way to boost your mood.

Start with two to three short walks first thing in the morning and work your way up to doing it daily (when weather and schedule permit).

What helps boost your mood during a long winter? Let us know in the comments section at the bottom of the page.

Natasha Turner, N.D., is a naturopathic doctor, Chatelaine magazine columnist and author of the bestselling books The Hormone Diet, The Supercharged Hormone Diet and The Carb Sensitivity Program. She’s also the founder of the Toronto-based Clear Medicine Wellness Boutique and a regular guest on The Dr. Oz Show and The Marilyn Denis Show. For more wellness advice from Natasha Turner, click here.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 07:20

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

It will take some wading through the search results, but something may turn up. Multiple pages of results:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=site%...OZI&form=MOZLBR

https://www.bing.com/search?q=site%...A7F098BB6DEBDE0

#13   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 09:14

BF:

Will definitely do some wading.

I find my anger rises, when I realize the doctors answer to moms with gestational diabetes is to give them MORE insulin. shaking head.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 09:17

BF:

A list to work on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s93uv3h
It will take some wading through the search results, but something may turn up. Multiple pages of results:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=site%...A7F098BB6DEBDE0

#15   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 09:42

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Nowhere near the detail and experience you have, but I started a new thread with link to this new guide a few days ago. Adding it here.

Kids and keto: can a high-fat low-carb diet help with ADHD, autism and more?

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/adhd-autism