Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#286   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 20:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207.5/195.5/105 Female 61.5 inches
BF:38/35.8/20
Progress: 12%

Even for Atkins your meals look right on track to me. Anyone else have any thoughts
Sponsored Links
  #287   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 20:18

Plan: carb/cal cycling
Stats: 176/136/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 78%

you know, i've been reading a lot of posts and many people are saying that stalls in weeks 3-5 are all too common. i'm really glad i found this place or i wouldn't have known that. thanks for the support mims.
  #288   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 07:00

Cool Good Morning

nepeta - That's such a coinsidence, I was just reading "The Secret To Low Carb Success" and that is exactly what she said. Just hang in there and i'm sure you'll be moving right along in no time.

I had a fabulous day yesterday...I managed to get 19 carbs and stay under 1300 calories. I am also finally starting to lose my appetite, I didn't think that would ever happen again.

Hope you all are having a really wonderful day
  #289   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 10:09
I KNOW I CAN!!!

Plan: A combo of a few
Stats: 208/172/155 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi Everybody

I'd really like to join in this challenge with you guys. I was doing really well, then I made this lc beef enchillada casserole and that stalled me, so no more. One piece was only 6 g, but it stalled me for some reason. And after not seeing any drop, I had popcorn at the movies yesterday, then pizza last night. I'm so sick this morning. After that, I decided to join one of the challenges here, and thought you guys looked great. I like that you take it one day at a time.

Anyway, is it ok to start midweek? I thought I'd wait until Sunday, but I really want to get into it right away.

My goals are of course to stay cheat free.
I'm starting Induction again today, so carbs at or below 20g.
I'm not able to exercise right now, (I've recently had surgery) but when I can, I want to exercise 3 times a week.
Drink 90oz of water every day.

Thank you for this challenge. It's a great one.

Good luck everybody!!!! I'll be checking in.
  #290   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 10:12
I KNOW I CAN!!!

BF:

Hi Mims,

I had to chuckle. I read a post of yours that said you start cheating when you move to OWL and without structure. I am the same way. I seem to only be successful when there is a strict structure. I can totally relate.

Nice to meet you!
  #291   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 10:32

Exclamation Welcome Cara

Cara, glad to have you with us.

Go ahead and jump right in with both feet and we'll be here to cheer you on .
  #292   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 18:22
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Hey new life on this board. Welcome!

I have not restarted yet. Yesterday I had a 104 fever. I don't know what I ate I slept 17 hours straight and woke up a pound heavier. I'm going to the store tonight to get eggs and chicken and vegetables. AND BUTTER!

I'm so proud of you all, it was such an inspiration to comeover and see that you all are doing well the last couple of days and Miez posted even though shes procrastinating starting like I am.

I came home with an armful of prescription drugs yesterday, but I think that's whats making me so sick. I went to the chiropractor today and decided to try some natural remedies. I didn't have any artificial sweetners or candy today.
  #293   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 18:25
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I just had a thought. Since I started thinking of candy as a real addiction and not touching even one bite I haven't fallen. But everytime I get "off" lowcarb it is the same out of control eating reaction as I had with the candy. One goof can take me weeks to get back to lowcarbing. Maybe I need to take carbs as seriously as I take candy and just not touch them.
  #294   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 08:23

Good luck on your re-start nawchem, I'm the same way with carbs...all or nothing.

We can do this...

#295   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 10:45
I KNOW I CAN!!!

BF:

Thank you for the welcome!!! I'm looking forward to it. I need to be held accountable to make it work!! I did great yesterday, and had the whoosh fairy visit me last night. I like here !!! I am down 2 lbs today. I hope I can keep this up.

Good luck everybody!!!!
  #296   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 11:41

Congrats on the 2 lbs Cara .

I had a great day yesterday. Stayed on plan and can definitely feel the water whooshing away.

Hope everyone else is doing great.
  #297   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 18:52

Plan: carb/cal cycling
Stats: 176/136/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 78%

welcome and congrats on the 2lb loss cara!

great job mims!

nawchem, i hope your fever has gone down. 104 is pretty high.

i've done pretty good this week, yesterday i was soooo hungry and went over by about 10carbs. it was good carbs though, macadamia nuts and artichoke hearts. cravings are strong lately for some kind of chocolate.. i think i even dreamed about eating chocolate last night. haha. what can i say, it's my weakness.

i wonder if i can move my carbs up to 30-40 carbs, and then jump back into induction every month or so to lose weight. does anyone do atkins that way?
  #298   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-04, 09:29

nepeta - I do know that Dr A said that once you are on maintenance you should jump back into Induction if your weight starts to creep up again, but I'm not sure if doing it on a monthly basis might be considered yo-yoing.

Well I have been doing great back on full induction. The only time I went over the 20 carbs was with legal veggie, so I don't really consider those as cheats. As of this morning I am down 9 lbs and feeling sooooo much better. No more cheats for this girl, my poor old body can't handle them.

Can't wait to hear how you all did this week!

Enjoy your weekend
  #299   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-04, 14:06
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hiya everyone.

Welcome to the challenge, Cara. Glad to have you aboard. Congrats on the two pound loss too.

I made it through TOM without cheating once! Wahoo. That is a first in a long time. I still haven't budged on the scale, but at least I am not gaining any either.

Hope you are feeling better, Nawchem. 104 is a pretty high fever.

Mims, nine pounds! Congrats!
  #300   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 02:01

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hello everybody and a big great HI yall to the new ones.

Doing fine over here and just as I expected TOM was here and I went overboard. The couple of lbs that I had lost are right back on. Clean slate com Monday. Trying it one more time. This time the way I want to start is different though. I am not doing Inducton or anything. I will allow myself to eat whatever I want to as long as there is no Sugar, White Rice or White Bread. I have to start it out slow and I also would like to start walking again. Hopefully I will be able to get back into running again soon, but first things first.
Miez