Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-11, 11:58
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 224.8/243.4/140 Female 5*5"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hello! I am a repeat offender and I am coming back if you will allow me to. I started it on Tuesday and I am starting to feel better. I need a quick and easy snack to take to a party on this Friday if anyone could help I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-11, 15:35
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldasamule
Hello! I am a repeat offender and I am coming back if you will allow me to. I started it on Tuesday and I am starting to feel better. I need a quick and easy snack to take to a party on this Friday if anyone could help I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Welcome back!

You can easily make a raw veggie plater with a nice dip.
  #108   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-11, 12:12

Plan: Slowcarb
Stats: 340/274.4/198 Female 170
BF:
Progress: 46%

*waves*

New here, I'm sort-of-low carbing, on the slowcarb plan which I started Jan. Reasonably sure I'll be sticking with it now. Really appreciate this space to meet others walking the same path.

~E~
  #109   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-11, 13:14

Plan: VLC
Stats: 248/188.8/148 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Hi everyone!

Hi everybody!

I'm back to these forums after a... lengthy... absence. Was able to get myself down to 215 in '04 prior to my wedding doing SBD and excersize. I lost my way and unfortunately seemed to have blocked my memory regarding all of the benefits of LC. LOL.

Since then, I've gotten married, bought a condo, had a baby, been laid off, got a new job, got promoted, now getting transferred internally, etc etc etc.

In January, I saw saw Taubes' Why we get fat book on Amazon and bought for my kindle for Sh**s and Giggles. Started reading it, got on the scale and saw 248!!! Decided right then and there that I needed to get my butt in order and get back to LC'ing. Re-read CAD and CALP and am re-reading WWGF now. As of this morning am down to 235.2, which I believe was about the weight I started at in '04 prior to the wedding. Did I mention I'm 5'3"? ugh!

Mini-goal is to get under 230 by my b-day on 3/17. I am really anxious to get under 200 for some reason. Not sure why, since it's been FOREVER since I was actually there, but I still am. I know that this is a slow and steady process, and that it took me 35 years to get this fat, it's not going to come off overnight. But, like everyone else, I just want it to hurry up already! LOL Seriously though... DD's bday is 6/8 I'd like to set my next goal as 199 by 6/8/11. Assuming I hit 229 by 3/17, that would mean 30 lbs in 3 months... eh, might be pushing it. Will give it the good ol' college try though!

I'm hoping to be able to add some excersize to the mix soon. Theoretically, my work schedule should be come a bit more flexible (and a lot less hours) with the transition into my new role. Hopefully that will mean a little jump in the loss, though I'm not holding my breath on that front.

OH!!! I almost forgot. As a result of re-reading CALP, I decided to not eat bfast anymore... they didn't seem to think you needed to, and I'm not really a bfast person, though I almost always ate it from having it drummed into my head that it's so important for your metabolism, yadda yadda yadda. As a result, it turns out I was basically IFing. Now I'm working on bringing my open window a little closer to a 19/5 schedule. Going to start to try to have lunch at 2, and push it back to 3, since I don't usually get to start eating until 7.

I tend to lurk on the boards more than participate, but I look forward to 'meeting' you all and healping each other kick some triple digit butt!

Kate
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-11, 06:27
Registered Member

Plan: no
Stats: 60/60/60 Male 150
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the Feedback...
  #111   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 10:15

Plan: RNY (small portions)
Stats: 306/225/120 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi everyone, welcome! In reply to what to bring to a party, sure, a veggie plate is a great old standby, but when the yummy cake and squares come out I always make sure I have a sugar free chocolate treat of some kind in my purse that I have with coffee. Just sayin.' LOL

In fact at times of greatest peril, like Christmas, I make sure I have some sugar free squares of my own to munch. There is a recipe for a SF nanaimo bar here in the recipes section which is just awesome, and I just made peanut butter cups/squares recently. These both use the fridge or freezer to help set up the dessert, and use unsweetened chocolate mixed with butter and splenda or other sweeteners of your choice, as well as peanut butter. In small quantities these treats can really take the edge off a sweet tooth (which I seem to have an incurable one).

Good luck with that!
  #112   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 20:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 374/365/250 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi, everyone.

Made a promise to myself that I was going to do this and stick to it for good. After what seems like months of nonstop family emergencies, illness, and my own nasty habit of twisting every little life "inconvenience" into a reason to put off making a lifestyle change, I'm tired of it.

I'm finally at "that place". I've got a long way to go, but I'm ready. I want to do this. More importantly, I need to do this.

Trying to work my way from 374 down to 250 as an intermediate goal. We'll see how much further I can go when I reach that milestone.

I know that it's going to be an uphill battle. Some members of my family aren't convinced that this is the right thing, others are trying to push me to abandon it. I've tried everything else, and the only time I've had any amount of success is while carefully watching my carb intake.

I know I'll mess up and stumble; I've been there before. The important thing is to know that's when I do, it's not the end of it. I have to dust myself off and pick things up right where I left off.

Thanks.
  #113   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-11, 04:25

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Congrats, Kambone. Welcome to a good place. A couple of suggestions.

1--Start a new post in the Newbies forum, so you can get the welcome you deserve as a first-time member.

2--I notice from your profile that you haven't read any low-carb books. It may be that you're getting all your information off the internet. However, most successful low-carb adherents start with a Plan.

So...do some research. Check the resources and "stickies" on this site. Choose a plan that suits your tastes and lifestyle. It's easier to be accountable to yourself--and to get advice and support--when you know what the process involves.

Best wishes.
  #114   ^
Old Tue, Dec-27-11, 12:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 335/245/200 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Doing it again but for good this time!

I am back, lost 150 pounds gained most of it back-I just made excuses for myself-One bite won't hurt, it's only the weekend and I will start again tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes!. This time is totally different, I mean for the last 3-4 weeks I have been looking forward to changing my eating! I didn't start before the Holidays cause I knew it wouldn't last and I am not doing on the First because it is NOT a New Years Resolution. I need to lose 175 pounds but will be breaking it up into smaller goals this time. I CAN do those and WILL do this it is not a diet but a life change that if I want to keep my life I have to do!
  #115   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-11, 14:04

BF:

Welcome back, kevsmama! And a wave to kambone too. Hope everyone is keeping on track, starting a journal and logging the food they eat! Keeping accountable to a regular group of buddies is a great way to stay on track.

My goal this new year is to drop under 200 pounds! Since I started at over 300 pounds this will be a significant feat! It is only 45 pounds away, and I can manage that! I will go back to induction in January (after the partying) and also I do a 3 day fast in February that usually drops me down about 10 pounds. That will be a great start to the year.
  #116   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-12, 11:10

Stats: 275/259.1/152 Female 177cm
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi
I'm Julia and I've been following my low carb diet for a week now. I'm already so relieved to be free of the gnawing hunger I have felt my whole life - and I've lost 2 pounds in the last couple of days. I was too frightened to weigh myself on the day I started, so I might have lost a bit more.
I really need as much help as I can get, and have started a diary. I'm so grateful you're all here!
  #117   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-12, 06:47

Stats: 331/318/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 7%

What a great post...it really spoke to me. Thank you, Scott.
  #118   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-12, 21:04
Tikib on a Quest

Plan: Primal Atkins
Stats: 335/274.2/169 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hello, I've been doing LCHF since August 2010. I got lost last year when I let my life influence my eating. I started back in January 2012. I was doing well until yesterday. A bump in the road. Back on track tomorrow. I'm glad to find others with lots to lose.
  #119   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-12, 07:56
Looking 4 Onederland

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 284.5/200/170 Female 5' 5"
BF:Why yes it is! ;)
Progress: 74%

Scott, thanks so much. Yep, I am terrified of the little plastic chairs, scared of the airline seats, or getting out of a low couch, it is embarrassing. Sometimes just staying home would be so much easier.... It is hard being fat.
  #120   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-12, 14:02

BF:

Oh yeah, I hear ya! And airlines, eek...the extra strap! And seats that don't have "spill room." If you know what I mean. LOL Having dropped over 50 pounds, I am now much more comfortable with all of the above, thank goodness, even though I am still fat. I am in a more normal range of fat, I guess. Amazing what a difference it makes! Also it is easier to find clothes that fit!