Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-10, 13:53

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrise
I'm restarting...again. Any advice for super slooooooow losers?
Well I'm a pretty slow loser. I have lost over 100 pounds, but it has taken me over 4 years to do so. What helps me is the mindset that I am doing this for my *health*. And the hope that if I get healthy the weight loss will follow. Seeing this WOE as a way to regain good health rather than just a way to drop weight has really helped me keep focused on the long haul.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-10, 14:14

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 240/225/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Thanks so much for this thread. It can get discouraging, and I can feel spiritually weak, but I've done this before and I have so many reasons to do it this time!
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-10, 13:30

Plan: Lowcarb paleo/HCG
Stats: 334/319/170 Female 63.5 inches
BF:54%
Progress: 9%

I'm not usually super slow, but the last two months have seen only a 4 lb loss. (Advice & encouragement welcome!) But I know that this way of eating is healthier for me, whether my weight drops or not, so I continue on. I guess dropping pounds is just a really appreciated bonus!!!
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-10, 07:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/180/180 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi. I just joined this board a couple days ago and this TDC forum looks great. I will probably be spending some time in here.

I've heard a lot of good things about carb cycling and even though I'm on strictly low carb now, I will probably be using that method when my weight loss slows down. There's a great thread about it in the "Tips and Stalls" section of the "Low carb Health and Technical Forums" called: Carb Cycling Works Like Magic for Me... If anyone here is interested in that.

Now I'm off to read more in THIS forum!
  #95   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-10, 09:08

Stats: 318/309/180 Male 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 7%

thanks for the information
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-10, 09:22

Plan: ?
Stats: 000/000/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

What a great thread, and I really needed it today. Thanks so much for all the wonderful advice and encouragement.
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-10, 09:29

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

Wonderful post Scott!!!!
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-10, 13:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 383.8/345.4/180 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi Stephanie, my name is Gloria and am also new here, I see you have signed the pledge for a year as I have also, I always try and keep my word if I commit, and I know for this I have to commit for the rest of my life, it's going to be a long journey for my weight loss as I have a lot to lose, you are in the right place I have gotten so much information from this site, I intend to stay on the site every day for my motivation I hope to see you often, there is so many good threads here, welcome Gloria
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-10, 17:55
Counterweight

Plan: VLC/Moderate Protein
Stats: 291/251.4/150 Female 63.25"
BF:72%/62.5%/26%
Progress: 28%

Hi everyone. Today I got a new bmi scale. Had to laugh when I first programmed it. LOL. It says my bone mass is 6.0 lbs . The important thing is that I am (as of this afternoon... official weigh in in the morning) at 280 lbs! A nice surprise as my last weight was 288 last Friday. This is now the end of my second week of induction. I really am going to need encouragement to stick with the program though as I have trouble sticking things out. So here I am adding my voice to the group.
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-10, 19:25

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

hi my name is dawn. . i was a member here several years ago. .

went into one-derland and now i am back in the triple digits club.

let's do it again.. .for good this time?
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-10, 21:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 383.8/345.4/180 Female 67 inches
BF:

DAWN,STEFF,KATOMAN,I believe we all can do this,I have to,my health is at stake.I think we can all help each other,Dawn at least you knew where to come back and you didn't gain all you're weight back.looking forward to you're experience helping all of us.I am doing well so far but only started july 21,loving the way I feel,more energy than I have had in a very long time and my bloodsugars are fine, but I am sure I will have bad times like most.welcome,Gloria
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-10, 20:14

Plan: RNY (small portions)
Stats: 306/225/120 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi,
Well I am going to say hi too, I started back on Atkins on Aug. 1/10 and have lost about 18 pounds since then. I feel much better energy-wise, no swelling, but still having problems with my knees and feet which I hope will resolve. I like to swim for fitness as it doesn't hurt them. I have more than 150 pounds to lose to get back to my college days weight, which is my goal. I too am in this for the long haul. Have changed my thinking from "this is a diet" to "I am changing my diet, for good, to avoid carb dependency and damaging my health."
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-10, 00:06

Plan: south beach
Stats: 387/340/200 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Thumbs up

Even thought I'm new to this site I'm not new to the low carb lifestyle. I lost 130 lbs before then gained it back plus some. I have to do what you are doing. I am going to approach this as a new total lifestyle that I can never stop doing. Good luck to both of us
  #104   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-11, 22:58
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go

I'm a returning low carber that's spent several days lurking the TDC's best of stickies. Much better conversation than the rest of the board. At a beginning weight of 259, I believe I meet the criteria to join the group!
My last successful stint was in 2002-2004. I've managed to regain it all following the "I'll start this weekend so eat like a pig now" way of life for several years.
I'm now at the end of my first month back on plan with no cheats and feeling very good about myself. I've convinced myself that it's the first cheat that will seal my doom. Atkins is the only plan I've used that actually works for me and I'm a believer in the health benefits.
I look forward to chatting soon!
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-11, 14:50

Plan: RNY (small portions)
Stats: 306/225/120 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy867
Hi,
Well I am going to say hi too, I started back on Atkins on Aug. 1/10 and have lost about 18 pounds since then. I feel much better energy-wise, no swelling, but still having problems with my knees and feet which I hope will resolve. I like to swim for fitness as it doesn't hurt them. I have more than 150 pounds to lose to get back to my college days weight, which is my goal. I too am in this for the long haul. Have changed my thinking from "this is a diet" to "I am changing my diet, for good, to avoid carb dependency and damaging my health."

Just to update, as it is now January. I have now lost 41 pounds. I feel great. The weight loss slowed from the first whoosh of almost 20 pounds in 6 weeks to 10 pounds a month, and now a little over 5 pounds a month. But weight loss is continuing.

Health-wise some interesting things have resolved. My knees stopped bothering me in about November. My foot stopped hurting just after Christmas and I am glad to see healing there, because it really limited the things I could do. I am now shopping and doing my 3 hr. volunteer shift at the ER without pain.

And surprising to me was a shift in my digestion. I used to be very sensitive to caffeine and too much fibre, I would get the runs super easy, like only after one cup of regular brewed coffee. A month or two ago suddenly I was constipated! Something went clunk-clunk and shifted over in the digestion, because now I can have regular coffee, and use it to loosen up the works you might say--a cup or two in the mornings and I am fine. Wasn't that strange.

I have increased my exercise to swimming laps for a half hour three times a week. Now that my foot is better as I lose weight I want to shift more to biking and walking/running as the swimming is super bad for my hair. I can't find a rubber cap that will work for me.

I am still losing but hoping to find a way to decrease belly fat specifically. Any ideas?