Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-12, 21:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 376/326/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 22%

Thanks so much lost 4.4 lbs so very encouraging time for a change.
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-12, 22:07

Plan: fat to skinny - atkins
Stats: 335/285/180 Female 5"5
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Hi Dawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceyfan
Hi my name is Dawn and I weigh 348 lbs. I have been on induction for 1 week now and will weigh in tonight at the tops I belong to.Found this way of eating so much better than low fat so tonight I will see how I did and report back.I am 54 years old a wife mother and grandmother and really want to do something for myself and this is it.Glad I found this site because support is so important that is why I joined tops.Thanks

I started low carbing about 5 weeks ago trying to stay around 20 to 25 carbs. I went to the dr. today and i lost 22 lbs, i was so excited i even lowerd by aci blood sugar from 7,4 to 6,2 dr was pleased told me to keep going. I am 50 started out 335 now 313. also wife mother grandmother of 2 soon to be 3. good luck on your journey! Leianna
  #138   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-12, 22:49

Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaLB
I started low carbing about 5 weeks ago trying to stay around 20 to 25 carbs. I went to the dr. today and i lost 22 lbs, i was so excited i even lowerd by aci blood sugar from 7,4 to 6,2 dr was pleased told me to keep going. I am 50 started out 335 now 313. also wife mother grandmother of 2 soon to be 3. good luck on your journey! Leianna

Way to go!! Feels great doesn't it? And those grandkids are the BEST incentive EVER, Keep up the hard work!!
  #139   ^
Old Sun, May-13-12, 01:18

Plan: Atkins DANDR/ Candida
Stats: 300/195.2/172 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 82%

Hi all, I am gzgirl. I am 51 and have gone from 300 to 210 on Atkins. I have done it right and I have done it wrong and I just want to tell you doing it by the book is the way to go. Especially by moving on to OWL after Induction and carefully adding foods back so you know what your body can take. I lost the first half, maintained bobbing up and down for several years in the same 20 pounds. Then lost my mind during a stressful time and wound up almost back to 270. In the last 15 months, I have taken off 60 and am moving forward toward goal.

I have found I can actually eat 40+ carbs a day PROVIDED they are primarily vegetables. So I focus on the veggies most days.
I probably wont be hanging on the boards a lot, but hope to pop in and contribute to the conversations.
  #140   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-12, 12:04

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

I've 'only' got 82 pounds to lose, can I join in? That's shy of 18 pounds of being 100... and I have lost 2 pounds recently so it's only 80 pounds...

I looked at the other forums and it's true there are plenty of people in my weight range, but plenty that aren't either...

I do The Zone... I joined this message board in 2002 and kept a journal for several years. Gee the board was small back then! I tried several different low carb diets and finally hit one that truly worked for me. I lost 50 pounds a year ago and then gained most of it back. My highest weight was 230. Then I had to start a new journal or rather a continuation of my old one. Over the years I learned a lot, but not quite enough or I wouldn't still be here! But things have changed and I am ready to do this long term.

So can I please, please???
  #141   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-12, 13:58
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnil53
I've 'only' got 82 pounds to lose, can I join in? That's shy of 18 pounds of being 100... and I have lost 2 pounds recently so it's only 80 pounds...

I looked at the other forums and it's true there are plenty of people in my weight range, but plenty that aren't either...

I do The Zone... I joined this message board in 2002 and kept a journal for several years. Gee the board was small back then! I tried several different low carb diets and finally hit one that truly worked for me. I lost 50 pounds a year ago and then gained most of it back. My highest weight was 230. Then I had to start a new journal or rather a continuation of my old one. Over the years I learned a lot, but not quite enough or I wouldn't still be here! But things have changed and I am ready to do this long term.

I doubt that anyone will throw you out! Welcome Back!
I wish you great success....this time.
  #142   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-12, 07:55

Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnil53

OF COURSE!! And welcome!!
  #143   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-12, 12:57

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

Thank you!!!
  #144   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-12, 03:15
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb High Fat
Stats: 342/322/175 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 12%

I have more than 100 pounds to lose so I thought I should come over and say Hi
The first post was very inspirational. It's been some time since you posted it, but thank you kyrasdad for your sincerity! I really get the thing with the "folding chair" (to many humiliating moments in my life) and also the fact that we can't stick with the plan unless we truly do it for ourselves!

I usually don't write often because I don't have much to say and I don't have a lot of experience, but I've been reading this forum a lot in the past month and finally decided I should sign in and at least say Thank You for all the great resources I've found here!
  #145   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-12, 14:00

Plan: carb wiser
Stats: 382/345/280 Male 76 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Bonnie Scotland

Kenny here from Bonnie Scotland 'doon ra waatir' (i.e. Glasgow)!

Was 382lbs in March but lost 30+ through c25k training for 3 months and running 6k in June, which was a very bad idea as I've done some serious damage to my knees and will likely need at least 1 replacement

I'm now 336lbs and have lost over a stone in the last 2 weeks on low-carb. So lost 46lbs since March, which is magic!

But another 100lbs-off is needed I reckon so here I am... I need all the help I can get
  #146   ^
Old Wed, May-15-13, 21:19
Registered Member

Stats: 280/227/150 Female 5 feet, 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hello, all. I opened the big fat envelope in the mail today, and it was the lab results (A1c 7.2, and 230 cholesterol) + a Rx for glimipiride + a low fat diet plan (1200 calories). Yeah right. I know better than that.

I lost 30 lbs 5 years ago on Atkins. I know how good I felt, and how my lipids improved, and how my A1c completely normalized. Why did I let it all come back on? It was a choice. A choice to avoid reality and responsibility.

All I feel like doing right now is hitting myself over the head and saying "stupid, stupid, stupid" like Gomer Pyle's Drill Sergeant.

Oh well. Hitting one's self on the head is rarely productive.
Instead, I hit the treadmill, and walked a mile. Whew! I am out of shape!

I weigh 276, and I want to get down to at least 150. From there, we'll see. but first, I intend to get those first 10 lbs off ASAP.
  #147   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-13, 20:26

Plan: low-carb
Stats: 305/305/200 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress:

Hello all! I too have over 100lbs to lose, so I thought I would stop by and say hi.
Thank you already for all of your encouragement!
  #148   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-13, 17:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkinish
Stats: 397/363.8/299 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi Everyone,

With around 250lbs to lose I definitely belong here. See ya'll around!
  #149   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-13, 22:54

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 292/238/145 Female 5' 10" (70")
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default NEWCOMER - second time around

Well I'm back again. This time I would like to lose 98 pounds, so I hope I can still be part of the 3-digit club. I'm up to 269 at 60 years of age.
I want to feel and look younger and have more energy!

Last time I did Atkins well I lost about 80 pounds and felt and looked great.
Why did I stop?
The big question.
why did I stop?

Well, I will begin again on Monday. Good to meet you all.

Lisa
  #150   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-13, 14:20

Plan: Mainly Atkins
Stats: 308/301/180 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 5%

What an amazing post!! Thank you!!!