Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Plan comparison
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-11, 20:22

Plan: Atkins?
Stats: 135/134/120 Male 5'5
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default LC, Intermittent Fasting & Excercise

So, I'm not sure if this is supposed to go here but here goes!

I've been doing a ton of research these past few days and some experimenting and I've decided to start a diet/exercise plan that includes low carbing, intermittent fasting and exercise.

I started fasting on Sunday at 4AM and only drank water, water with a tbsp of vinegar and green tea (I'll explain that later). On my fasting days I did cardio and burned 500 calories and on the 3rd day, eat day I ate no carbs. So, the deficit I managed to make up from my fasting days would be 6600 calories and I usually try to keep my calories under 1200 on my eat days but if I feel a little peckish I wouldn't mind going above it.

So far, I've lost 6lbs but that's most likely water weight. Today marks my 2nd period to start fasting and I feel like I can really pull this off. The fasting lets me save money on food too.

So yeah, I just wanted to share my plan and progress and see what you guys think. If it's safe and whatnot.

As for the vinegar and green tea, I heard they help to suppress hunger and speed up weight loss and I just thought I had nothing to lose.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-11, 23:47

Plan: primal
Stats: 253/155/135 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 83%

I do some IFing I will fast a meal or fast a day or two. I tried a long term fasting for spiritual reasons but my body just does not like it. It's physically hard for me. So I stick to IFing.

I really like Ifing, sounds like you are doing great.
Keep up the good work.

I wonder what negative feedback you have had?
Many people that don't understand how IFing works have a really negative outlook upon it in my experience.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-11, 12:55

Plan: Atkins?
Stats: 135/134/120 Male 5'5
BF:
Progress: 7%

I've tried fasting without exercising and found it harder to do. Maybe it's because exercising is distracting me from wanting to eat? After I exercise I feel less hungry too, it's strange but I'm happy!

I've had a ton of negative feedback, don't we all do when we mention fasting?

It was the infamous starvation mode talk as usual which I ignored. Anyways, I tried exercising today and my energy went to blah in half the time it usually did and so I decided to cut my burn 500 calories a day plan to just 200. I also made up a time table of sorts and realized that on paper... I'm literally only eating once a week and it seemed unhealthy so I'm considering adding in a second eating day, say... Tuesday and Thursday would be my eating day.

I was THINKING of possibly doing a mini-fat fast on my eating day(s) but the lack of protein would be dangerous wouldn't it? As I'm exercising? Also, if my calculations are right and assuming that I'm losing primarily body fat the 6lbs that I lost was 2lbs of fat and 4lbs of water and I should be losing 4lbs of fat a week if I stick to this plan. I think I'll just do it for a week and a half.

These high numbers are making me feel uneasy...
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-12, 15:58

Plan: LC
Stats: 194/184/150 Female 64 inches
BF:Shrinking
Progress: 23%
Question Anyone still here??

No one's been on this thread in a while and I had some questions. I'm LC'ing and just started IF'ing too (first day). I'm reading the Fast-5 e-book and was wondering if anyone had experince with intermittent fasting. I think it's doable just wondering if it'll help with fat loss. Are you losing fat? How is your energy? COMMENTS??
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-12, 10:18
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

This thread doesn't have much activity, but there is a huge IF following here onthis forum.

Go here....this is part 5 of where the IFrs hangout.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=432803