Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-05, 16:05

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Male 77 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Z-carb bars gone?

I have checked three places listed on Z-carb's site to go purchase some of their products, two Wal-Mart Super Centers, two Walgreens and a Rite-Aid and none of them carry z-carb bars. I know I have seen them in the past at WMSC's and also at Walgreen's. FWIW, the WMSC's do not seem to carry any LC chocolate bars now, just LC nutrition bars and bags of the horrid diarrhea-inducing Russell Stover garbage.

Does anyone know if Z-carb is still around? I live in Las Vegas so buying them through the mail is not an option during the summer because of the heat.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-05, 16:21
Me and My DH

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/235/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 41%

I don't know if they're gone everywhere, but here in the Northeast, I found what was left of them in a Walmart clearance buggy in the pharmacy department. Very sad, as those are the ones I was treating myself with since they don't give me those awful stomach cramps. I'm very much afraid they are on their way out, but I couldn't tell you why unless they just haven't sold well enough.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 02:42

Plan: .
Stats: 001/002/003 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardGmys
I have checked three places listed on Z-carb's site to go purchase some of their products, two Wal-Mart Super Centers, two Walgreens and a Rite-Aid and none of them carry z-carb bars. I know I have seen them in the past at WMSC's and also at Walgreen's. FWIW, the WMSC's do not seem to carry any LC chocolate bars now, just LC nutrition bars and bags of the horrid diarrhea-inducing Russell Stover garbage.

Does anyone know if Z-carb is still around? I live in Las Vegas so buying them through the mail is not an option during the summer because of the heat.

You can still get them from the Netrition web site and from Z Carb's web site directly.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 06:32
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Whenever I take the kids to 7-11 for their slurpee I grab a few Z bars for the house..

Angel
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 08:26

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

They took away my LeCarb ice cream...and now this!!! Zcarb bars were great. It was such a relief to find a bar w/o sorbitol or malitol; my two wors enemies.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 09:39

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoura
You can still get them from the Netrition web site and from Z Carb's web site directly.

I live in Las Vegas, so if they are in fact still around, at least during the summer, I would prefer to get them in a store instead of risk shipping and getting a chocolate soup.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 09:40

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzedAng
Whenever I take the kids to 7-11 for their slurpee I grab a few Z bars for the house..

Angel

I keep forgetting to check when I go to a 7-11. Don't really stop there often, maybe will have to check one out soon.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 09:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorra_1
They took away my LeCarb ice cream...and now this!!!

I don't know that they "took these away." I have emailed the company from their website, and I will post the response. I don't want to be the source of a rumor that this company has gone under.

Wal-Mart has stopped carrying all the LC candy bars as they have many other LC products, so I don't think that because they are not found at Wal-Mart that they have in fact gone out of business.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 16:54

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Quote:
They took away my LeCarb ice cream...and now this!!!

Joke!

I have not been able to find them at over 4 Wal-marts and the one I did find them at they were on clearance.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 18:20

BF:

Quote:
Joke!

I have not been able to find them at over 4 Wal-marts and the one I did find them at they were on clearance.

Not a good sign I guess. I emailed the company and haven't heard back yet. The site looks like it has been on hiatus, some forum "coming soon," that has been there for a while.

A lot of LC products have "bought the farm" so to speak, and this is one that I will be very disappointed if that is the case.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 14:55

Plan: .
Stats: 001/002/003 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardGmys
I live in Las Vegas, so if they are in fact still around, at least during the summer, I would prefer to get them in a store instead of risk shipping and getting a chocolate soup.

If you buy the ZCarb or Mini Carb Chocolate Bars from the Netrition Web Site, they have a low cost "cold pack" option that keeps the bars cool and avoids melting.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 01:26

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoura
If you buy the ZCarb or Mini Carb Chocolate Bars from the Netrition Web Site, they have a low cost "cold pack" option that keeps the bars cool and avoids melting.

I am moving back east to Pittsburgh in a few weeks. I think I will hold off until then.

I emailed zcarb over a week ago asking if they are still around, and I haven't heard anything back from them, so that's not a good sign.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 09:15
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/146/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Yes, I saw Z-carb on the clearance rack at super walmart here as well in the northeast...I noticed many of their low carb candies were there and they seem to be shrinking their low carb product section!!!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-05, 18:17

Stats: 151/143/115 Female 62 inches
BF:37%/33%/25%
Progress: 22%
Default Let me know if you find them...

I've checked Walgreens, Walmart, Rite Aid and BJ's (I used to buy at Walmart & BJ's by the box!) I have 1/2 bar left. Haven't checked at 7-11. Please let me know if you find them. I have emailed, and called HVC Lizard chocolate at their 1-800 number and toll number & the numbers are no longer in service... It is so sad. My favorites are gone already- Cheeters crackers, Todd's LC bread, O so Lo. I hope I can still find them. I hate the gas pains w/ maltitol!!
Thanks!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-05, 19:22
Me and My DH

Stats: 300/235/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 41%

Another type of store to check is the close-out department store. Eg. Big Lots, Ocean State Job Lot, Building 19 etc. I was at an Ocean State Job Lot store today and saw they had the Carb Slim chocolate candies and some of the Pria Carb Select bars. I didn't see any ZCarb bars, but their stock changes almost daily so....you never know.