Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-19, 09:48

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%
Default Book: ARTHRITIS - The Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me

This isn't brand-new, but it is new to me:

ARTHRITIS - The Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me: Healing The Pain Of Psoriatic And Rheumatoid Arthritis And How Autoimmunity Can Heal Your Body And Soul by Phil Escott (Author), Dr. Jack Kruse (Foreword)

Ah, if it's Dr. Jack (Madman) Kruse, it's got to be good! (I am a big fan.)

I am almost done with this book and I'm impressed. He did a lot of things which I am going to try, since I am dealing with my own autoimmunity issue, but the BIG one was Very Low Carb. As he says, if you don't get that right, nothing goes right.

I heard him on the Episode 23 of Carnivore Cast and his story was so compelling and pertinent I was moved to action. He went from barely able to sleep or walk to what he calls "the best shape of my life." He was a writer for outdoor magazines, a determined mountain biker, and had his own gym at one time.

Thanks to the book, I am on day 3 of a fast (breaking it tomorrow) to try and get a terrible "flare" under control. And it is improving! I am so grateful.

My own fault: a terrible bout of flu felled both myself and DH, and the malaise lasted months. So we were eating out (Omega 6) and I was indulging in frozen meals (carb city) and thought I was okay because I wasn't gaining any weight (probably thanks to the fact that I kept IFing).

But as we all know, you can be "normal" weight and carbs are still having their terrible way with you. Add in a long workday with travel, a glass of cider with a too-carby dinner, and my own serious stress issues: and it was the last straw.

He has scared me straight and I am implementing as many of his techniques as I feel suitable to my situation. He tried so many things

A fine read and full of amazing and valuable information as he told his story.

Last edited by WereBear : Fri, Jan-11-19 at 11:14.
Sponsored Links