Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 02:28
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/218/145 Female 157.48
BF:
Progress: 1%
Wink Pregnanct Lcers what are you eating?

I am nearly 5 weeks pregnant and an confusd about what to eat. I have started this thread so that we can share our menus with each other and hopefully help each other out. I have gained alot whle TTC but don't want to overdo it in pregnancy! Pregnant women are old that the calorific requirements in the 1st Trimester are a glass of milk but that means nothing to us Lcers as we are already eating differently and then have to adjust when pregnant.
I'll start first and this is not a LC menu - you have been warned!
B/fast I slice rye bread (low glycemic) OR 1 l/f yoghurt and fruit OR L/f yog and 1 egg

lunch 1 chicken salad -no mayo or sandwich

eve 1 w/meal pitta bread and some chicken or vegetable dish

snacks have included in last week: chocolate cake, a few biscuits,fruit, yoghurt 2 cups of tea in last week with Caffeine (oops)

Although i had a few lapses, I am more careful about food intake than I was when i was on the plan as I really only want to give baby nutritionally rich food! ( i know you wano't believe me lokoing at my snacks!!!!!)

anyway ladies it's over to you and I hope that with all the hsaring and leaning here we can all have a healthy and happy pregnancy!

PO
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 12:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/128/126 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Hi PO, Congratulations! I am at 18 weeks and have been lowcarbing throughout with the approval of 2 ob/gyns. They both just said to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and get enough calcium. I don't really count carbs- I was on maint. levels when I got pregnant- but I don't eat sugar, or pasta, or flour-you know, all the basic no-no's. I use low carb milk (hood) and eat cheese. Fruit (be careful) and veggies and of course-fresh meat. Since on main. I eat lots of nuts and the occasional bowl of scottish porridge or rye crisp crackers. I also eat homeade sweet treats and bryer's low carb ice cream about 1-2 times a week. I think low carbing helped me through my first trimester when I had terrible cravings for all the sugary junk you can imagine. I did not give in once and things are going much more smoothly now. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 14:09

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

I am 22 weeks pregnant now and staying on maint levels. I kept losing so my carbs are up to 120 net carbs a day and I still have to watch calories to not lose. A typical day for me would be..

breakfast:
(one of the following)
*Quiche made with egg/egg beaters, cheese, buttermilk, veggies, soy meat of some sort with a side of fruit and ezekial whole grain toast
*Sauteed veggies (mushrooms, asparagus, cabbage, peppers, onions)
a couple egg whites fried, side of ezekial whole grain toast
*High protein/low carb cereal with fruit
*cottage cheese with walnuts and fruit
*whole wheat pancakes with soy sausage and fruit

Snack:
(one of the following)
*almonds
*yogurt
*smoothie with soymilk, yogurt and berries
* cheese and pickles dipped in mustard
*spinach salad topped with sunflower seeds

Lunch:
(one of the following)
*whole wheat pita topped with sugarfree spaghetti sauce, cheese, veggies and soymeat with a spinach salad
*chickpeas sauteed with cilantro and veggies on a LC tortilla
*soy chicken wrap with mayo, cheese and arugula
*better burger with lc bread, cheese, spinach, tomato, pickles, onions
*whole wheat spinach lasagna with a spinach salad
*refried beans with cheese and a salad
*lentil barley vegetable soup with a side salad
*usually it's at least 2 cups of spinach salad, a bread, a protein and a little cheese

snack:
same as above snack

dinner:
(one of the following)
*Baked fish with 2 cups of spinach salad, and at least 1 cup of some other cooked vegetable
*stewed tomatoes, soy chicken, okra, chickpeas with brown rice
*protein loaf with mashed cauliflower and steamed broccoli
*saag paneer with brown rice and curry tempeh
*soup and salad
*whole wheat pasta with a protein, sauce and a salad and side veggie
*shepards pie made with burger crumbles, green beans, mashed cauliflower and cheese, fried apples and a salad
*veggie quiche with toast

snack:
At night I tend to decide my last snack according to what I haven't had much of. If I am low on protein I have a high protein snack. If my carbs are low sometimes I will just have fruit, toast with peanut butter or cottage cheese with nuts and fruit, a frozen smoothie with berries, yogurt and soymilk, if I haven't had much dairy I would go for cheese, hot chocolate with soymilk, smoothie or even LC ice cream sometimes. If my calories are low I'll go with something like veggies with a cream cheese spinach dip or something. If I haven't had at least 4 or 5 cups of veggies I'll go with a salad. At any rate I make sure I eat at least every 2 to 3 hours and I get plenty of every allowable food including proteins, veggies, yogurt, fruits, cheese, whole grains (including brown rice, barley, whole grain bread and very rarely but occasionally whole wheat pasta), legumes and nuts.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 09:33

Plan: RNY Gastric Bypass 2/1/10
Stats: 378/163/150 Female 5 ' 5"
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Hey poundsoff!!!

Please, please start a journal!!! I am just 5 weeks pg today!!! We need to go through this together girl! I need support, do you? I just started my version of maintenace yesterday....I think I did pretty good check it out and tell me what you think.....I'm attempting to stay around 100 or so carbs/day. Here's yesterday's menu:

Breakfast:
3 egg omlete with mushrooms and cheddar, 2 slices of bacon and a big ol' glass of milk

Lunch:
2 servings of dreamfields pasta with shrimp and mayo another glass of milk

Snack:
2 lc cookies

Dinner:
parm crusted chichen cutlets
brocolli
large salad with romaine lettuce, cheese, olives, tomato, bacon bits and low carb dressing
another glass of milk

Snack:
low fat yogurt

I got in my full 8 glasses of water too....very proud of myself!

I took in just about 103 carbs yesterday and was horrified to see a jump of 3 lbs on the scale....I know it's just water weight and I'm hoping it slows down or even stops soon!!