Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-14, 09:17

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 248/232/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Finally received my copy of the book. I pounced on the fact that he eats Wasa Crisp 'n Light 7 grain crackerbread with chive cream cheese for breakfast. I've been racking my brain for something to eat in the morning, and that was delicious. Not always in the mood for eggs and we buy from a co-worker with his own hens.

Now to make sense of it all, reading around the info for those who use insulin. 3 day weekend coming up so that will help. I need to research peach Diet Snapple, which is calling to me but I may need to ignore its siren song.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-14, 17:47

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

I slogged thru all the info about T1 & insulin simply because I thought it would help me understand my T2. It did that & made me really want to avoid needing to inject insulin!
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-14, 08:26

BF:

Starting third week, still having issues. On weekends, nothing sounds good, I get nauseated easily, and my bones are achy. Almost think I have some sort of bug, or is this just me getting used to no bread and fruit? I think what's the good in being able to eat butter if I cannot have bread? And no summer fruit?

So I had a few cherries with no repercussions but won't do more than that. Early Sunday morning, I felt so bad that I had 1/4 cup of orange juice. I felt better but then my BS was 165. So much for that.

Down another 8 pounds. 16 pounds in two weeks? Is that healthy?

If there is another forum where I need to be posting this type of info, please let me know. I too do not want to inject insulin. So far, no test results under 100.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-14, 08:46

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

bb,
This is the right sub-forum to ask these questions, but you are doing them on a thread that started on another topic. Suggest you start here http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45 and post new thread, dark green button top left of list. Maybe recap your experiences so far and other will be happy to help.
Considering your goal, 16 pounds is not too fast and should be healthy, but you are losing a lot of water and all the electrolytes with it. Be doubly sure that you are not dehydrated and have enough salt and potassium. More when you start a new thread.

Also, are your reading the Newbie forum? http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110
or the Atkins and General Low carb? All three can have tips for beginners, how to overcome cravings, why you need salt, etc that work for Bernsteins diet too.

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Jul-07-14 at 08:58.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-14, 09:47

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

I second Janet's advice. Start a new thread - I'd like to respond to one of your questions there.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-14, 12:08

BF:

Started a new thread, I need to include my name at some point. It's Christine.