Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-13, 06:57

Plan: Ketosis
Stats: 422/330/250 Male 73"
BF:
Progress:
Default Newbie to forum... Lets try this again...

I wrote this introduction 2 days ago in the "Introduce Yourself Forum" and then found that the TDC is where I should be.

Hello everyone, my name is Steve and I am on a mission. Let me apologize first, my head is not totally clear today as I am on day 3 of just protein and water. A little bit about me... Let me start by addressing the problem that I have dealt with my entire life. I LOVE FOOOOOOD!!!! LOL I am a comfort eater, especially when I am not happy with my life. Being raised by my grandparents, my gramma used to constantly ask me if I was hungry as a child. Oh Steve... Your happy, sad, mad, whatever... Here is some food... On top of that I am a periodic sleep eater. That comes in waves and haven't figured out what the trigger or pattern is yet. Wired wrong!

Through all of school I was "Husky". I started leaning out in HS from sports. Always played football and was in wrestling. After HS I joined US Army reserves. That was the best shape of my life! Graduated basic training at 222# with 34" waist and 48" chest. Went to college after and slowly started to let myself go. I married soon after college and settled right into old patterns. Over a period of 14yrs I gained and gained and ended up at 422#. After separating I went to a weight loss Dr that a friend recommended. His practices where based of Ketosis and I was totally ready for a change. Lost 14# the 1st week, 34# the first month (no exercise) and a totally of 137# within a year (under Dr care for only 2 months). At 285# I was looking good and really wanted more but got into another relationship (6 yrs) and kinda leveled out bouncing around 300#. Since separating, I had started drinking more while watching my intake but gained weight back. I guessing that I am currently around 330#? (Haven't weighed in yet). I have worked through the comfort eating for the most part by learning to deal with my emotions and not looking for an escape.

I have a history of great success with Ketosis and do not choose to look at it as a diet but a way of life. It works great for me! Love the primal feeling it gives me!!! So here I am going for it again... I started Monday by flushing with a gal+ of water and ate about 10oz of chicken breast in the evening. Yesterday I had a gallon of water, 4 boiled eggs, 16 oz of Salmon and 4oz of chicken breast all broken up into small amounts every couple hrs. As I am writing this I am defrosting 16oz of Pollock to go under the broiler and will have boiled eggs as well. I use a very small amount of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) for some good fats and to reduce sticking while cooking. I will be all over this forum reading and asking questions. Considering doing a log for accountability but not sure yet.

Thanks for reading,
Steve

This was from last night...

I felt a shift today (day 3) and had to share. I was full of energy, a little cloudy in the head (words would not come to mouth) and really craving SALT!!! Had to research the salt thing and found some interesting info. Something else happened that was interesting. I had an emergency sprint to the bathroom and #2 looked like a oil slick. Sorry for the explicit description. It was fat I think. I remember it happening last time I was in ketosis. So, I went to the pharmacy and picked up some ketostix and guess what?????

I AM IN KETOSIS!!! Take a look at the file attachment. Definitely purple, looks like moderate to large.

Happened really fast this time and I am really excited. Hope I drop as fast as I did the first time. All I can say is... "It's on like donkey kong"

Thanks again everyone.

DAY 4
I woke up feeling a little more sluggish and cloudy. Took a sample this morning and ketones were down a little from last night but no big deal. Hopefully it is just my body adapting and starting to use more for energy. Thinking about cutting my calories down some. I am not exercising yet and use ~3400 cal in my present lifestyle (desk jockey). For the last 3 days I have been consuming ~1700 cal of meat but it seems like a lot of food. I don't think I consumed this much last time I was in ketosis.

For example...
20oz Fish 600cal
8 Eggs boiled 600cal
8 oz Chicken Breast 200cal
4oz Steak 280cal

I break this up into small portions eating ever couple hrs and of course drinking a gal plus of water. It just feels like a lot of food. After thinking about it compared to the net weight of the foods I was eating before I guess it is. lol.

Anyway, I am very excited to be back in a ketogenic state and on my way again.

Thanks for reading,
Steve
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-13, 14:21

Plan: Wheat Belly
Stats: 245/232/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Welcome

Hello! Welcome! I just came back here today. I was here in 2008 but fell off the band wagon and decided to return due to some health issues. I too am a comfort eater. That has been my main problem, when I am down or stressed I turn to food. Best of luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-13, 19:59

Plan: Ketosis
Stats: 422/330/250 Male 73"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fatmomma
Hello! Welcome! I just came back here today. I was here in 2008 but fell off the band wagon and decided to return due to some health issues. I too am a comfort eater. That has been my main problem, when I am down or stressed I turn to food. Best of luck to you!

Sucks falling off the wagon... I know too well. May I say out load??? Fuck food! It sucks! I hate the urge I have to consume it!!! I DON'T WANT IT... I NEED IT... TO LIVE AND TO SURVIVE!!!! THAT IS ALL! Eat to live mot live to eat. I eat because I am sad and I am sad because I eat. That is BS!!!
I eat for nutrition and that is all. I consume water and lots of it because it feels good running through my body because that is what I am mostly made of. The nutrition that I consume feels great as well. I consume protein and vegetables because that is what I am made of. I am lean muscle, tight and true! I am a machine that only requires fuel. Grrrrraaaarrr!!! LMAO! I cheated my ass off yesterday. I at 4 corn dogs and drank a pint of vodka. Woke up this morning and was still in ketosis. Treat your body like a temple 6 days and the 7th like a carnival! Back at it today... Fasted with lots of water. GF is driving me nuts eating all kinds of stupid shit. Does it bother me? YES! Do I want to eat boiled peanuts... Breaded chicken with lettuce, cheese on a bun.... YES!!!! Did I???? Hell fuckin no!!! Why?!?!? Because I will be lean and sexy very soon. Oh hell, who am I kidding... I am sexy right now! LOL. I am on a mission to feel GREAT about myself because that is what I deserve. I will no longer allow myself to be FAT!!! Everything sucks being fat. OK Im done. Whewww! That felt good.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-13, 23:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 335/245/200 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I too eat when I am sad, happy, miserable, upset, bored etc. I eat because I can. I lost over 100 pounds a few years ago then I totally screwed up and gained it plus some back. Kept telling myself its only 5 pounds I will lose it next week, well everyweek I kept it up. This time I am doing it for ME, not for anyone else just me. I had both knees replaced and need to lose weight to keep them working, I don't like the way I look or feel. I have lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks, and am actually exercising this time around. I ate tonight just cause I wanted to but I stayed on the plan! Cream cheese with sugar free chocolate sauce is my favorite. I have decided that I will not lose the weight this time I will abolish it since usually if you lose something you will find it again and I never want to find this weight again. Good Luck to all of us.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-13, 08:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238.0/238.0/170 Female 5"3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Welcome ~ I wish you all the best!

Caroxx