Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 07:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/209/180 Male 184cm
BF:
Progress: 40%
Talking Why I quit smoking

I have been smoking for close to 13years and on 14th July 2003 I decided to quit smoking and so far I have not touched any. I did use 15mg patch for 2.5weeks.

To be very honest I do enjoy smoking heheh.

What made me quit primary was the cost of smoking. My government decided to raise the price for a pack of 20 to $4.80USD and plan to raise it to $5.00USD by the end of 2003. So I decided to quit.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 08:44

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Congratulations! How do you feel and did you gain any weight?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 20:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/209/180 Male 184cm
BF:
Progress: 40%
Talking

Hi Atriana,

Sorry for the late reply. Well, during the period when I was on the patch I felt a constant desire to have a smoke. My mind will come up with a million excuses why I need a smoke

I kept telling myself that I will not die without a smoke and I only stop using the patch when I "thought less" about smoking.

It has been two months since I quit smoking and I do still think about smoking once in a while.

I started on Atkins and quit smoking at the same time so instead og gaining weight I lost about 14pounds so far.

Coming back to the smoking part, I do not know how long it will take to actually "forget" about smoking, from what I have heard, there is the guy who quitted for 5 years and still thinks about smoking. Scary right?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 11:23

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 185/183/160 Female 5'5
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 8%

You (we) do not have to "forget" about smoking, but we should REMEMBER why we quit. We should THINK about how tough quitting is and yet how easy not being a smoker in todays society is. It is far easier to not worry about when I can get my next "fix". I can go to movies and parties without sneaking out or breaking into a cold sweat from needing a smoke. I think about ir often. Trying to forget is as easy as trying to avoid thinking.