Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-19, 05:12

Plan: keto
Stats: 426/397/225 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Back to basics and losing

So, I had posted that I was stuck. I got some GREAT comments and suggestions back. I dusted off The new Atkins diet revolution and re-read it cover to cover, started the induction portion last week, and the scale has gone down 5 pounds. I will let the scale live now!

THANK YOU to all who responded and gave me some pointers.

2455nole. Happy and losing again.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-19, 05:22

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

That's great news, all the members here are very helpful. Next time, post a follow-up note on the original thread. That way, everyone who answered you will get a notification of another post. Keep your own notifications on, and if you can’t find your first post, tap your profile name. All your posts are there.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-19, 05:24

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Welcome, 2455. You chose a good guideline to use in starting your journey. And do just that, treat it as a journey of self discovery. The first phase, Atkins Induction, is one of familiarizing yourself with carbohydrate elimination. It's most noticeable in the beginning, as you go through some things your metabolism hasn't had to experience. Stay consistent and search this forum for how to deal with any anomalies. Lots of information here to conquer those experiences in the beginning. Make sure you get enough salt, as this is one of the keys in the beginning. I love the diversity afforded by this way of eating. While you've experienced some of this before, stay the course and stay in touch with the folks and information on this forum.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-19, 09:00

Plan: keto
Stats: 426/397/225 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Still happy, still losing...

So, update on the journey: Scale says 383 this morning. I am really motivated, as I am seeing the dial go down consistently. I find it helpful to read comments from others on the journey as well.

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions...esp. Jey100. Good ideas.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-12-19, 11:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 395.9/276.7/250 Male 5’10
BF:
Progress: 82%

Started today, and hoping this goes well! I have the discipline to do this, but want to make sure I am doing it correctly as well. I am going to stay on the Atkins 20 for awhile as I am at the doorstep of the 400 lb threshold. I am motivated as ever! Worry about the sodium intake though as mine is through the roof already today. Would love to stay in touch since we are so similar in weight!!!