Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 19:14
Registered Member

Plan: Ketogenic diet
Stats: 209/202/180
BF:18%
Progress: 24%
Wink Ok this is my training program and with it no lower back pains

I went back to the gym this week, my osteopath told me to wait but after a damn year and a half of behing inactive and walking i was very tiered.

My back felt a lot better so i decided to get a membership.

This is the program that i design with trial and errors all of theses exercices does not hurt my lower back and put no stress at all on it.

I decided to hit the big muscles on Monday so this is what my Monday looks like.

Squat machine ( this machine is awsome, you get the same feeling has free weight squats, but your whole back is on the pad and your traps are supported, the motion of the machine is great you too, the movement is directly felt in the whole quads, lower butt, calves. Of course i didnt put a lot of weight and decided to shoot for the 20 reps squat wish works really good i was out of breath, but pumped up like crazy.)

I will only do 1 set of this exercice and it quit enough.

Vertical leg press ( Another great machine, you feel like you get into a spaceship Lol. Again the lower back is very well protected, i could even put a bit more weight on this one.)

I will try to do 3 sets of 10-12 reps with perfect form.

Leg extension ( with light weights and perfect forms this exercice is very good.)

I will try to do 2 sets since my legs are pertty dead after all of this usually shoot for 12-15 reps.

Dips ( this is a power movement that really hits my chest and not like flat bench press wish did put pressure on the lower back this on doesnt, i have always love to dip and have add great results with thoeses.)

Usually perform 3 sets of max with bodyweight

Vertical bench press (You site on the bench with an angle of 60 degree, i was again able to put a bit more weight and felt great, no pressure in the lower back.)

3 sets 0f 8-10

Smith incline bench press ( This one is a favorite of mine because i have always loved the tension it give me in the upper chest.)

3 sets of 8-10

Chin-up ( the lat-pulldown put a major strain on my lower back, same thing with the close grip pulldown, i guess my lower back is arched to much. Chins dont do that.)

2 sets of max with bodyweight, ( i do suck big time i think i did 5 reps, i have to work at it because this power move really give you an amazing back and some good biceps.)

Close grip chins

2 sets of max with bodyweight

Hammer bent rows machine ( again your chest is laying on a pad and you just extend your arms and pull the bar.)

3 sets of 8-10

I do this on Monday because my body is jammed pack with glycogen and i have all the energy i need to get true this workout, the squat machine, dips and chins really take a lot of energy from me but usually if done with high intensity and with a cardio session on Sunday morning i reach ketosis Tuesday morning or evening.

Tuesday since i have burned a large amount of glycogen Monday i do the small part.

military press machine 2 sets of 8-10

Lateral raise machine 2 sets of 8-10

Triceps pushdown 2 sets of 10

triceps machine pushdown 2 sets of 10

biceps curl machine 2 sets of 10

scott curls 2 sets of 10

I dont do that much because i did hit all thoses small muscles with the dips and chins.

This is a very short workout but is very effective.

Usually Friday i do some giant sets i pick one exercice for each body part and do a loop 4 sets of 25 reps.

I a person suffers from lower back pain then give this program a try, please not that my lower back pain wasnt a disk hernia nor did it require surgery.

All i needed was some osteopatic ajustement and lots of streching.

If someone really has a bad lower back pain he should consult a md ( please dont waiste your time at the chiroprator they are frauds and never resolve the problem, i went to see one for 4 months and they never found my problem neither did they solve it, and kept giving me sessions after sessions Grrrrrr,)
Sponsored Links