Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 21:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/209/189 Male 167 cm
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default What about Protein powder ?

Hello list,

I have seen in some health shops some protein powder (optimum nutrition) that is very high in protein and low in carb (3grs per serving) .It is fat free..
Could we have some or it is useless ?
I need something to get my weight to re-start dropping !!!

Please help

Pierre
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 00:30

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 200/172/140
BF:
Progress: 47%

Shouldn't have to be fat free. Some fat in it would be better. It would probaly taste better and be better for you. Remember, fat is not the enemy.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 16:18

Plan: schwarzbein principle
Stats: 196/177/135
BF:30/27/15
Progress: 31%

Pierre,

I use a product from EAS called Simply Protein. It is sweetened with stevia and has 20 grams of protein (whey and whey isolate) per serving and tastes really good. It is also low in carbs, and I believe it has a gram of fat... I'm not sure, as I don't watch that.
I like to use 2 scoops of the chocolate flavor, 1 c. whole milk (some would not use whole milk, cream would be better; whipping cream creates a nasty froth on top.), 1 TBS peanut butter and 3 ice cube in the blender. It's awesome.
Try that brand if you care about taste. I got mine at Vitaglo.com
and it was REALLY reasonable. 80 servings for less than a quarter each. Hope this helps.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 10:05

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I use protein powder every day! Its a great help in maintaining lean body mass...particularly if you are working out.

I don't know that SP would necessarily promote its use since they are generally "manufactured" and this is very much a "whole foods" plan. I do think that tweaking any plan so it works for you is important so if you choose to have protein powder as part of your program then go for it!

Lisa
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 11:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/209/189 Male 167 cm
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Protein powder ?

will these proteins help or this is of no use ?
I must say I have a quite low activity.

Pierre
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 13:09

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

SP doesn't dictate how much protein you should be eating...other plans, like Protein Power, recommend you eat 1 g of protein for every pound of body weight. To be honest, I didn't use them in the beginning but do now because I weight train. There really is no reason to use them unless you are concerned with protein intake...i.e. you don't feel you are getting enough protein for whatever reason.

Lisa