Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#586   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-21, 07:09

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Trig.......Oh Lord....birds building a nest in your dryer hose?!! Thank goodness they were banging around now before you go away for a week. You might have come home, thrown laundry in the dryer and cooked baby birds! Little Peckerheads!

Jaz......Yes, I am an early day eater. I am hungry early in the day and then am quite content to finish eating by 3 or 4 in the afternoon and not eat again until the next day.

Good luck on finding other housing options. You'll find a nice place, I'm sure.

Time for a yogurt and then get ready to chase that little ball around for 4 hours! Bye!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, Apr-07-21 at 02:27.
Sponsored Links
  #587   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-21, 07:29

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- "Listening to my body and feeding her when she hollers!" That made me laugh out loud. So funny!!

Yeah four days in a row of golf is a lot. Heck four days in a row of any sport is a lot, probably! I hope your friend doesn't mess herself up. There is a HUGE difference in 6-8 weeks and 6 MONTHS.

Jaz- Fifty states and on your dime! Have you checked into any reimbursement issues that could come up- if you leave or if they let you go or anything? Is it typically four hours CEU per state or does it vary? I'd probably start with states I would like to visit/work in and go in that order.

I'm sorry to hear that your condo situation isn't going to work out. That is disappointing. I know how much you love it there!

Wonderful news on being down a pound. Hooray!!

Trig- Super duper excited about your trip to the Outer Banks. It is so beautiful out there!

LOL on potentially super heating baby birds- Nooooooo! lol

•••••••••

All is well here. Got 11K steps yesterday, just going along and doing my thing. Getting my dog affidavit notarized today and also seeing the podiatrist today. Dh comes home tonight from parent-care in Annapolis.

Easter dinner went well except that the filets were not good and the green beans were not good. I don't know what was up with the filets. I cooked them sous vide and then grilled them off. They were TOUGH and not very flavorful. Very odd!

It was a nice intimate group though and the company was good. Talk at the dinner table did touch on some politics and DD shines with that. She is REALLY good at diplomacy, and using her teacher voice (she works with children with autism so it is a different kind of teacher voice- calming and encouraging but also firm, but not mean..)

DS19 classes- So this is what he has planned: he has to have another lab science so he is thinking either Weather and Climate or Space and ?. An English Lit class (he did Comp this semester), a history class (he is leaning toward American bc he knows some of that and he hates history and just wants to get it out of the way) and the second level music theory class. The bad news- They put a hold on his account for his immunization record so we had to get that (which is DUMB- it is the exact same one they have from last year) and THEN they said he needed his TB test results and LO AND BEHOLD that was also on the sheet but they missed it. So hopefully he will register for his classes tomorrow.

The good news- 1) He is taking the second music theory class and hinted that he is following a music track of some kind. I am guessing for a minor. So that's good.

2) He mentioned that he is really enjoying the gym and exercising and is vaguely considering something along the lines of Exercise Science or the like. I can absolutely see him doing something like PT or OT or sports medicine, if for no other reason than the child is not built for sitting or desk work (like his mama) and it would allow him freedom of movement. Also, seeing different people (clients) is good for an ADHD brain bc of the novelty factor. ADHD brains sleep on routine and fire well when things are dynamic.

Most of all, though, he is THINKING. Thinking about what he likes, what he might want to do and that is HUGE. So I was very happy about that whole convo overall. Seeing some growth in my young man!

Off to start my day!
  #588   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-21, 02:55

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm SO happy to have a couple days off from golf. Ugh......I had the worst day yesterday. None of my clubs were working. Freaking frustrating. Last night I sent an email to our local university golf course to get some lessons. I just have to get things straightened out if I'm going to enjoy the rest of the season. So stupid to be this upset by a game that's supposed to be fun. ARGHHH!!!!! Rant over.

Today I'll run some errands and do some laundry etc. Just this and that. I think I'll give DH a tenderloin steak for dinner. I subscribed to Freshly for a few weeks and my first order comes today. I'll probably have one of those meals. I need to control calories today as yesterday was a bit off the rails.

--------

Nic.....It sounds like DS19 is handling his scheduling with great thought and planning. I'm so glad he was able to be on campus and have the college experience this semester albeit with some restrictions.

I'm sure you'll be glad to have DH back home. How are his parents doing?

Trig....We're all on the vacation countdown with you! I can't wait to hear about your campsite and the ocean and your metal detecting....all of it!

Jaz....Sorry you're stuck with a boring trainer for a week. Maybe it'll get better. Smile & nod....good plan.

--------

Ok gang.....make it a good day!
  #589   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-21, 04:10

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Here I thought I would be first poster! NOPE
Grhhhhh...... got up at 3:15 to pee and could not get back to sleep! All I thought about was my housing situation.

You know I am ready to settle for a MINUTE. Plus as much as I LOVE this area and the beach- it is starting to get crowded. The tourist and vacationers are coming in every week!
I am watching this sleepy beach town turn busy, and bustling.
Honestly I am thinking about coming back in Nov. for a few months! I like it when the beaches are empty.

I could easy be a snow bird.

Lori-
You need lessons?????? What up with that? This is your game girl. I am sure you are just having an off week!
You take your game very serious. I think also you might just be tired as well!
Take a few days and then go ENJOY yourself!

I was wondering if you were still getting your boxed meals. You are the adventurous one to try new products! I will want a full report! HAHAHAH

NIC- Awesome news DS19 and his classes. It really is such a joy to watch your kids become adults! He is so gifted with music- so in a way I hope he uses it in some way!
Ya I think a PT/OT types of job might be a good thing too- sports medicine is a huge opportunity.

I know you will be happy to see DH again!
WHOOT- 11K steps!!!!!!!! You go! Where do you walk?

You got my wanting to make my crab cakes tonight!!!!!

TRIG- OMG birds in the dryer vents! I would have freaked too!!!! Good thing you found out!!!!

YAY on Friday and ROAD TRIP!!!!! Take us with you! I love you have your GLAMPOR!!!!! You know that is becoming a real thing these days with so many people doing a work from home gig!

One of the ladies in the training class with me was sharing that her friend sold her house and bought a big RV and is going to all the national parks. She has her little dog and works from her RV. I want that life! I could so do that! It truly is surprising just how little one needs to be comfortable.
-------------------------------------------------------
Up way to early! My sleep cycle is off with my new schedule!

Not much else. At some point I need to run to the store. It will be a fast in and out!

WOE- on point!

I'll be back later.........
  #590   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-21, 12:44

BF:

Howdy Ho and happy Hump day!

Lori- Four days in a row is a lot, so it may be that your body just got a bit tired. Still, lessons never hurt to teach you new things and remind you of things that maybe you've forgotten.

Jaz- Ugh, up at 3:15 AM? That stinks. You are going to be tired tonight!

Yeah I can see that it would feel very different there as tourism season kicks in. I'll be interested to hear where you decide to land.

Trig- Guessing you are busy getting ready to head out of town!

Blue- Hey chick! Hope you are doing well.

••••••••••••

Beautiful day outside. Mid 70s today! I did some weeding, and sat outside to read for a while. Lovely!

My visit to the podiatrist went pretty well. He said I have 2 or 3 forms of tendonitis happening and the start of plantar fasciitis as well. I was sort of surprised by that. He said I need to be getting shoes with a firm back (firm of heel), and that can't be twisted side to side. I had brought the shoes I exercise and walk in and he showed me how NONE of them meet those requirements. So I'll go shoe shopping tomorrow. I would go today but I also had a plantar wart taken off my foot and that was really smarting last night. Today it is just mildly sore but I don't want to be walking around on it, ya know? I figure by tomorrow I'll be good to go shoe shopping. Hopefully. If not, then Friday.

I was cranky as crap last night though. I didn't realize my foot would be sore. Guess I did not think that through. I am tired of being sore in some way or another! That being said, my arm is healing up really well. I don't need to cover it up anymore. Jaz, I'm moving to scar cream now.

Cooking up a pot roast for dinner tonight. Hopefully I can get at least one lunch out of it too. I do cook carrots to go with and enjoy eating those. A few carrots did not make me fat! I'll give potatoes to the menfolk.

I'm starting to de-bloat and feeling pretty good. Yay for that!

Oh! DS19 got all his immunization stuff worked out and got registered for his classes for next semester. He told me his lowest grade *right now* is an 87, so that is excellent. Proud of him!
  #591   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-21, 13:37

BF:

NIC- OMG Planter fasciitis = AVOID at all cost! I buy upscale shoes. My sandals are Ohana.....Pricey and worth every dime!!!! It feels really good.
I never go barefoot anymore. Getting out of bed is torture in the morning with it.

I also have inserts to go to my tennis shoes. Do protect your feet!

YAY on de-bloat! Bloaty is gross.

VERY proud of your DS!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------
Exhausted - death by modules......... I do not even feel like going to pool or anywhere.

Had had my meal of day- crack slaw and it was awesome!

All done food wise. ready to put on jammies and I will be in bed early!!!!! Just want to chill to myself. No socializing at pool or neighbors. Tired, grumpy.....
  #592   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-21, 02:33

BF:

Good Morning!

Up at stupid early o'clock again today. Gabby was at the foot of our bed and I think DH moved his feet and woke her up so that was it for sleep......plus my bladder was screaming at me to get up. I may have to go to my sister's again in order to catch up on my sleep!

Today I go get my 2nd vax. Fingers crossed that I have no side effects. I had none from the first one, so we'll see. I've heard that sometimes it's the 2nd one that nails you. DH didn't have anything at all, so hoping I'm in the same boat.

We have another nice day on tap. Yesterday was so nice & warm after a morning shower. I ran some errands and just enjoyed being out of the house doing this and that. I need to figure out when I'll start walking/running again. I need a plan! On days that I don't play golf, I do a Pahla B. workout, but have plenty of time to add a walk in there. Still spending too much time sitting on my butt.

I got my Freshly box yesterday. I had a chicken and green beans one yesterday.....Lord...it was the best chicken! So tender & flavorful. Not sure which one I'll eat today. I have a tenderloin steak to make for DH. These premade meals are so great when you're calorie counting, and they're so, so good. I've enjoyed both Factor & now Freshly. Delish!

----------

Trig......missed seeing a post from you yesterday. I know you're busy getting ready to head to the beach.

Jaz.....training is brutal! I hope once you are up and running that you'll enjoy the job. Did you get out for a walk at lunch time? I'm sure Bella enjoys that part of your day.

Nic....Have you been having a lot of pain in your feet? I know you mentioned your Achilles tendon being sore. I'm glad you have a good Dr. to diagnose what's up. I'm curious as to what shoes you end up with. Are you looking for walking/running shoes? Let us know what you find. I dealt with PF for over a year probably 8 years ago. Horrible. It was during my crazy boot camp days. Of course, I kept working out and then I'd go to work and roll my foot on a frozen water bottle. I wore a night splint which was the thing that made the most difference, I think. I spent so much $$ on insoles(never found any that helped) and different shoes/sandals. I had good luck with Orthaheel and FitFlops for summer. I still wear Orthaheel slippers around the house. I have them right by my bed and slip into them before taking a step out of bed in the morning. Every once in a while I get a slight pain while walking the golf course and I think "Oh no". I spent many hours hobbling around the golf course when I was having a flare up. I also flex and point my feet a few times before getting up. I hope you have caught it early and won't have a severe case of it.

Well, I'm chatty this morning! Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Apr-08-21 at 02:53.
  #593   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-21, 08:50

BF:

Lori- PF- I am still dealing with!!!!!- Not as bad but rolling out of bed is the worst!
I am using ortho flip-flops as well. I also have insets for my tennis shoes. Bare foot is the worst.

Your info is great I want to look up a few of those shoes you mentioned.

So cook about the Freshly! How is the price and serving size? Is it fresh?

Glad you have a bit of time off from the golf course.

NIC-DO take care of those footies of yours!!!! Trust me if you can catch it now do so!

You sound like all is going well! How is your eat clean challenge going?

Trig- I bet today is pack up and Tomorrow is head out! Gosh I love those road trips!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!
When are you heading out?

I know you are stocked up!
----------------------------------------------------
Sleepy day........... I had another restless night. Tossing and turning. I am not sure why- I got hot. Every now and again I still get hot flashes. I also think the heavier I am the worse it is!

Today is REBOOT- I thought I was good yesterday on on WOE. I was tired, and just grab crap. Felt like crap, and should have eaten leftover. WTH was I thinking?!?!?!
Anyway- rebooting today!

Fresh clean eating! Back to basic! Granted one meal off plan is not end of world- but this is 2nd time this month!
So - It is a stall issue - Moving forward!!!!!!

This work gig is not bad at all......... it is just a minute to get used to ridge schedule. I love the WFM - Work from Home.......
Able to Walk Bella, she is not left alone, wear yoga pants, shorts, and love not being in office!
Love getting paid to be at home! I can also start dinner during my afternoon break.

Ok- ladies back later!
I know I am here though at least June! I am thinking about next........... do I still want beach???? Do I want to be closer to the kids? Do I want to do another BNB? Lots to think about. BNB you don't have to come up with all those nasty fees........... So just thinking.

Back later!
  #594   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-21, 15:40

BF:

Hi all!

Checking in. It has been a weird week. I have been pretty sidelined since I saw the podiatrist on Tuesday. I can't go walking. I can't play pickleball. I just started being able to get back to really cleaning and stuff today. Just strange!

Jaz- Yeah I am terrified of PF. I have had friends who have had it SO BAD- even to the point of having surgery. I haven't noticed any pain or anything so I dunno. I will go shoe shopping though.

I bet exhausted by modules for sure! It is not easy starting at a computer for long periods of time.

Good for you for getting back on track today. Go you!

LORI- thank you for the shoe info and the PF info! I will keep all that in mind when I go to DSW and get an idea of what shoes might feel okay on my feet. I was thinking I would do it today but my wart removal is still really bothering me, so it may end up going into next week. But I'll get there!

I'm really glad you are enjoying your meal boxes so much and they are working so well for you! Dinner for the fam tonight is wings and salad.

••••••••

Still on track with WOE now, so it has been a week. Motoring along. Clothes are fitting better so some of the bloat is going down. Yay. I would say I feel better but I'm gimping along, so.. On a good note, my arm is really closing up, no pain and full functionality which is awesome! I know my foot will be fine in another day or two and then I will be ready to roll! I've bookmarked some fun looking videos I want to try.

Weather here is GORGEOUS so that is a huge plus too!
  #595   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-21, 02:51

BF:

Good Morning!

6 hours in bed and I pop up like toast out of a toaster. Sigh........By about 8:30 this morning, I'll be ready for a nap. Nothing going on today....not sure about the weather, but if it doesn't pour down rain, I may get out for a walk.

I had my 2nd vax yesterday. No side effects yet, other than the expected sore arm. Even that isn't too bad. I got there about 10 minutes early and I was in and out in 20 minutes......including the 15 minute post-vax required wait to make sure you're feeling ok. I heard someone say that they had 480 appts. for yesterday.

My sister is itching to come for a visit. I think she'll be coming within the next few weeks. She said she needs a change of scenery. I'll be glad to have her here for a bit.

I love both the Factor meals and Freshly. They are not cheap, but I find them so convenient and tasty. My DD gets both Factor & Freshly and I got a $40 discount to try them due to her referral. Yesterday I had Swede-ish meatballs with cauliflower mash. It came with a side of peas and carrots. Not my fav side, but I ate most of them. It is just so convenient to pull one out of the fridge, microwave for 2-3 minutes and there's my calorie controlled dinner. I usually eat between 3 & 4 and then make dinner for DH around 5:30. He prefers to eat simply....a protein, a potato & sometimes a salad or other veggie. He also loves a spiced peach half for dessert. He doesn't care much for fancy sauces etc.

Well, that was much more than you wanted to know about my eating.

My golf partner cancelled on me for the weekend, so I'll call & cancel my tee times. I was hoping we'd play Saturday before the rain comes in Sunday, but she has yard work she wants to get done. She is single and owns a home, so she has lots of things to take care of....I understand, but I'm still disappointed.

Trig.....have a wonderful week away! Enjoy every minute!

Jaz......Friday at last! Hope you have a great beach weekend on tap.

Nic...Did the Dr. advise you to go to Physical Therapy or anything for your tendon issues? Sorry your favorite activities have been curtailed for now. Any timeline for getting back to walking or PB?

----

As usual, I'm starving this morning. A cup of coffee with cream will hopefully hold me till at least 6AM. It's hard to come in under calories for the day when you get up so freakin' early!

Have good days!
  #596   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-21, 04:30

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Out of the loop chat LOL

Everyone be good and stay on plan and don't get into any trouble

leaving on trip in a bit. have last minute stuff to get ready before we hit the truck and roll

got SO MUCH meat packed Will stay on plan. Gonna have me some fun. Gonna find some spanish gold with my metal detector HAHA

check in later if I can....I am bringing laptop on this trip.
Might send ya'll a pic maybe

take care
  #597   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-21, 07:48

BF:

Good morning!

Lori, you are really tempting me with those meals. I can totally see doing something like that once it is just DH and I in the house. I would still cook but it would be a good option a couple of days a week. I envision cooking a couple of meals, something like Freshly for two meals, and leftovers for a couple of meals. Nice mix like that.

Sorry about your partner canceling on golf. This is that time of year when Yardwork can really run away with you. We are having some done on Saturday. Delivery and laying of mulch, and cutting of wild grasses around the pool. We are at the point where we'd rather pay to have some of that done.

Trig- Have a WONDERFUL trip. Enjoy every single second. I hope you do send a pic or two but even more than that, I hope it just fills your soul.

Jaz I know you will be writing in soon.
Blue I miss ya, all the time. Thinking of you.

••••••••••

Gray and rainy out today but I am completely okay with it. My goal is to enjoy an inside day, clean the master bedroom and bathroom, read a book and just relax.

After many months of nothing going on with C19, life is picking up again. In some ways, YAY. In other ways, it feels sort of weird, ya know? Like, next week we go over to my ILs to celebrate FIL's 80th birthday. That weekend my bestie is coming from Richmond to visit. Next Sunday we go back to the dinner theater for the first time in forever.

Beach trip is on the schedule in May (Florida- friend's condo.) July I have family coming to stay, then DH and I go to the beach here in MD for a mini trip. August is Mexico, September is our trip. It feels like a lot and in a weird way.

I'm planning on going to the shoe store next Monday or Tuesday. Today I am walking better- the ball of my foot where the wart was removed isn't hurting as much. That charlie horse I've had in my calf for the past day and a half should release soon.

On plan!
  #598   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-21, 17:29

BF:

Hey ladies-
DOT down. Even worked late........ fried, and tired. In jammies. Nice post in am with I find my marbles........
  #599   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-21, 18:11

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Nic---I've never had PF, knock on wood, but it doesn't sound fun. Thankfully it sounds like you're in pretty early stages and can turn it around with awareness and the right shoes. Then tendonitis and the wart. And of course, the dog bite (so glad the is healing well and fading into the past, antibiotics and all--- that was a nasty one!) Anywho, know now active you like to be so very frustrating for you. IMO, let yourself be a little crabby over it all. I find I get tired of my crabby self when she has outlived her usefulness.

So cool how well T is doing! They really do grow up, although there are days you wonder if you have the only child that will not, your very own Peter Pan.

Jaz---I swear, no matter what the job---on staff or freelance---those first weeks/months of a new job/client are the worst. Trying to get the lay of the land and adjust to all the new rules. Ugh, the module thing would drive me cray cray, but we do what we must. And wowza, certification in ALL 50 states? That is a very big ask.

OTOH, once you finish jumping thru their initial hoops, you have done the hard stuff, adapted and, drumroll, are working from home! And you betcha I understand why you love it.

I had a really good gig for a very long time---working from home 75% of the time, then out and about doing production and styling for the other 25%. It was a great mix. But yeah, imo, no matter how it works, working from home is the best. Some don't like it, miss the "community/company" of the office. Luckily I was always able to find that in other ways and know you're the kind of person who can too. Oh my, so many snowy icy mornings I reveled in my cozy house, just coffee, computer and fuzzy socks=paycheck

Trig---You are on your way to your happy place, or already there, as I type. I m SO HAPPY FOR YOU. Know how much this will refresh you. Also glad you took your laptop and hope you do send some pix.

And OMG, the bird's nest in the dryer tube! Man, I love animals and nature et al, but I do like it when we all have our nice little part of the world without surprising each other too much I'm sure I've mentioned the time I found a bat all curled up and sound asleep in the sleeve of my bathrobe. Yeah, like I said, you get your place, I get mine, little guy. Although I wasn't that calm about it at the time.

Lori---I love reading about your box dinners. I know a couple of pals who swear by them. Nice to just have it all there and ready to prepare and sounds like you have had several you really like. Seems the last ones you were ordering demanded more prep/cooking? Am I understanding correctly that these new ones are more like from the box right into the microwave?

Good to hear you're all vaccinated. Most people I know have NOT had a reaction to either shot, although a few have had a minor one to the second shot. But they say that's actually a good thing---showing your immunities are armed and ready to roll. Funny thing for me. Almost 2 weeks after my first shot, I had a day I felt crappy, aches and chills and I actually ran a temp of 101.7---highest I can remember having in I don't know how long. Then talked to a pal in my hometown, same thing happened to her. Delayed reaction to shot? Maybe, particularly in a winter when the flu was practically non-existent. Lasted 24 hours and then was gone. No reaction whatsoever to second shot, which I had over 2 weeks ago.

Hope your Sissy carries through and comes to stay with you soon. So nice for all of us to get out and about in a safe way. I think you said she's been vaccinated too? This makes for a less stressful visit, lots less worry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really tough last month. In a couple of ways. I find as I get older that when the going gets rough, I get quieter. Not in a bad way, mostly. But in a way that allows me some spiritual space from all the business of living sometimes---time to just BE who I am at the moment, time for revery, time for grief. The luxury of stepping out of the hive and the buzz. This has allowed me some very concentrated work on our book, which I find just the right distraction, so that has been a silver lining.

And then after awhile, one misses the hive and the buzz. Getting there. Last week/weekend we went out to dinner for our anniversary---first time inside a restaurant in well over a year---had hubby's cousin and wife over for a Saturday lunch, and then joined my brother and family for Easter. Saw my nephews for the first time in forever, met one new great nephew who came along in the middle of the THING.The day was beautiful, so we spent our time before and after dinner outside. It felt so...normal. Never thought "normal" could be so fun. Silver lining of the THING---increased appreciation for the little things, which in the end somehow always end up being the big things.

But OMG, I was so exhausted after those three outings in close proximity. I am very out of shape when it comes to socialization energy.

I have a funny story to tell y'all about hubby and weight, and I think I hear the canary singing. Change is going to happen with our woes. Now we just have to decide how. More on this when I know, but yeah, I can feel it coming around the bend.

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Apr-09-21 at 18:20.
  #600   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-21, 05:22

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue!! So happy to see an update from you. Can't wait to hear the story about your DH & weight and upcoming changes. About my food delivery service(s), yes, the ones I'm getting now are fresh and ready to pop in the microwave. They are perfect for me, but not something my DH would enjoy. A lot of them have a yummy sauce on them that is just not his thing. For example, cauli rice with a parm sauce...so good! It works out so perfectly for me as I know how many calories I'm eating and I can eat early, between 3 & 4(as is my preference), and then make something later for DH. Plus, when I cook for DH I always have enough for at least one more meal for him.

My sister is planning a visit sometime in May. She would like to go with me to the golf course and just walk along. I think she'll enjoy it. We take a cart and take turns walking and riding, so it'll work out fine.

Trig...thinking about you looking out at the ocean this morning. Sigh.....my favorite thing to do. Sunrise over the ocean is the most awesome thing.

Nic.....hoping you're able to move around a bit more without pain by now. You've been thru the wringer lately!

Jaz....it's the weekend! Hope you have some good beach time to look forward to the next 2 days.

---------

We're having a bit of a stressful time with Betty lately. She has severe macular degeneration and yesterday she was having hallucinations. She called DH in a panic that there was water in her bedroom and the adjoining room. She thought it was coming from upstairs. DH rushed to her house and there was not a bit of water anywhere. She said she could see it.....it's right there, she said. Once he reassured her that there was no water, she believed him, so we're hoping it's not a mental thing. I read about a syndrome in people who have severe eyesight loss.....the brain/eye connection gets short circuited. Anyway, she also is saying that she hears a hissing noise coming from her heat radiator. Poor DH....this is really working on his nerves, but he handles it all so well. We're taking it a day at a time and we'll have to deal with whatever comes.

I have nothing going on since my golf was canceled for the day. DH just went to check in on Betty on his way to work and I'm holding my breath that the phone doesn't ring with news that something is wrong.

Have a good weekend everyone!

EDITED TO ADD: Things are not good with Betty. DH called and said that she did not recognize him at first and said that someone else had been there earlier....not the case. House was locked up. She's now seeing animals on the walls and still insists she hears hissing...DH can not hear a thing. She was sitting up in a chair and DH is going to try to get her into bed and put in a call to her Dr. I think the next step is to call 911 and get her to the hospital to be evaluated. I'm sure she's dehydrated on top of everything else. This is the day we've been dreading.....sure is a helpless feeling.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sat, Apr-10-21 at 06:06.