Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#556   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-21, 04:55

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, just my take on it but you do not have to respond to that text. In truth they are gonna do what they are gonna do ya know.....let them handle it. If I was you (and this is just me on the take of it all LOL) I would just leave it alone cause I would have to have it over in my mind ya know, like give the control to them and only them for their family decision.....but that is me now, you obvy do what you feel you need to do.

but super glad your functionality is good. Just make sure your hand functions great and all cause you want no long term troubles, but if you heal up great then you got away in ok form

omg those gloves. Laughing! I hear ya, how have they all survived this long right? I mean I don't how they young'ins function in life LOL but I chatted with kiddo and nothing is a priority. Nothing matters that much to her on the level of anything she really needs to do ya know. Only has a short important priority list, her phone and her laptop HA

Jazz, holy cow on that work day. paid for being bored and irked and more LOL Hey paycheck is paycheck but this job of yours but make ya wanna pull your hair out tho! Hope it all improves.

Need a Lori update!

---------hey all
nothing doing
hubby working today
I got a few errands. wash sheets etc..bleck

eating good and on plan. Not losing but not leaning out, in fact I feel bloaty. Maybe all my sinus allergy meds? No idea.

gonna hit seafood sales and see what is doing. I need to go 'lighter food' for a few days in the week, like shrimp and chicken. relying on steak/pork ALOT and while delish and wonderful, I need lighter food I think to shift a damn lb off me LOL we shall see, working on it!

nothing much more, over and out and be good all
Sponsored Links
  #557   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-21, 06:25

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz.......a "cluster" is right! Good grief....wouldn't you have thought that they would have tested the set-up before day #1? Oh well....you have the right attitude....take a deep breath and a good laugh and do what you can. Sheesh!

Trig....hope you find great deals on the seafood. I get my Factor meals box today and I have a shrimp dish coming that will be my dinner tonight. DH will have leftovers, chili or ribs....whatever.

Nic....glad to hear that you're feeling stronger and more normal with your arm. Have a great trip to Amish country and a wonderful time with DD.

Blue.....missing you!

--------

It is freakin' freezing here this morning! Hard to believe that I'm heading for the golf course at 11. It better warm up quickly! I'm running back and forth to the laundromat this morning with Betty's laundry. I'm going to hang her bathrobe on the clothes line outside.....it should dry no problem this afternoon.

Her visiting nurse is bringing her first Covid vax today. I'm glad they're going to bring it to her instead of DH having to take her....it's such a struggle for her to get ready to go out and then just getting her into and out of the vehicle is not easy. It may soon come that we have to use some sort of transport service to take her to and from appointments.

It's going to be hard to stick to my calorie budget today. I was starving and ate breakfast at 7. Even if I go over calories, at least I'm going to be getting some good exercise today. It's all good.

Be safe & well everyone!
  #558   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-21, 16:09

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Afternoon- Work is over!
This week is crap and it is only TUE.

So I woke up this morning and checked my back account like I do every morning and HOLY HANNAH- FRAUD. I saw a check that was cashed. It has my name on it (I don't use or even have checks) a bogus address and my routing number.

LONG LONG story short- I had to download forms to shut down that account, get it notarized and faxed over to the bank. To make matters worse- THEY LOST the forms.
PLUS I am trying to work during all of this.

I turned on the WEBX and left to go get forms downloaded, copied, notary, and faxed. Took most of the morning. Only to find out they lost them.
I want to scream WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! - So I had to REFAX them.

Good news- I got refunded already and it was a small amount. BUT BUT BUT - it was a hard copy check I saw it. Had my name, and account info. It was made out to a bogus person as well.
I was told they won't do anything about it as it was just under 200.00.
What a day. Then thankfully I already have my credit frozen. But I am going to have to find a new bank. Issue - what address do I use???????
REALLY????????

People like that need to see the inside of a jail cell. Then I had to go to all those bills I have auto pay and and and and and ......... it is a nightmare!

Work- not much better. WebX I missed this morning and then spent time working on modules of fire safety and violence in the work place............. yeah.........Thankfully I was not missed.

Tomorrow is a new day. However, I need to use a my back up account that is not really that secure........... grhhhhhh

Weather today was cool and cloudy- it fit my mood.

Sorry - dump post.
Personals in am when I am in better mood!

I was invited to dinner with the "ladies" and turned it down. Just not feeling it.

Have a great night ladies!!!!!
  #559   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-21, 04:56

BF:

Good Morning- NEW DAY! Happy HUMP DAY! I am back to looking forward to my Fridays! Yup- that whole gig again!

So I did a bit of research on that forged check that hit my account yesterday. Would you believe they were bold enough to put a phone number in the memo space?
So I back traced it on Google. It is a foreign finance company. Then if you look a bit deeper it has ties to MANY MANY small LLC's ect. All from other countries.
I want to put in the head scratching emoji. So I am going to file a police report and also reach out to the social security and I need to assume at this point that has been compromised as well.

This is not a redneck looking to make a few bucks. I am done being upset. Now I am in fight back mode to protect my identity. This really sucks.
Good news I froze everything almost a year ago. I am also going to look into one of those life lock/identity protection companies. Not much else I can do except be diligent. I am very careful anyway.

I am assuming that one of those online companies I pay monthly....insurance, car payment have been hacked. I don't use this information for anything else. I don't use paper either- so it had to be online.

Lori- You getting out to play today? It is cool here! I think you are getting the wet mess last time I looked! URGH......
Did you get Betty all set?
I know you mentioned looking into getting a service to transport here to appts. I truly think once you do that you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner!
Some companies have a small transport van- not the big ambulance hoopla.

What are you getting these days as far as food boxes? I know you are very into those!

NIC- How are you doing??????? You have been on my mind. Please rest that arm and let it heal!
Who all is in the house now besides hubby? You have kids coming and going all the time!!! HAHAHAHAH

Trig- Don't you have a vacay upcoming?!?!
Yea those sinus meds will bloat you because they retain fluid. Just the nature of those. It is nothing you are eating!

You seem a bit quiet and just puttering and getting along ok. I know you are like me that when the sun is out it is like getting your battery charged! YUP and YUP!!!!!!!!

Hey Blue....
---------------------------------------------
I will be doing mostly videos/modules today - the real training begins tomorrow I will see how their process works.
So far I am loving working from "home".
There is perks for sure........ I don't have to dress up, can eat from my own kitchen, have my pup at my feet.
So far- it is ok. I am starting day 3

check in later.....
  #560   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-21, 05:29

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz......What a mess with your bank account etc. Why would someone put their real phone number on a check when it was fraudulent? Makes no sense. So many companies to notify of your new account and ends to tie up. I suppose you have to let your new employer know as well for your direct deposit of payroll.....assuming they do direct deposit. A giant PITA all the way around!

I hope, once you start to actually get into the software you'll be working with, it will be more interesting and you'll enjoy the work.

--------

I got up WAY too early(3AM). I woke up and had to visit the loo, so thought I'd just get up. I knew once I got up Gabby would start to rouse, so going back to bed wouldn't last long anyway. She's been sleeping at the foot of our bed for the past few weeks. It's been ages since she did that. She started it when I was at my sister's and it has continued. Really not a problem.

I have to go to the dentist this morning to get my permanent crown put on. They told me I wouldn't need novocaine for this procedure.....I hope that's true. Lord I hate that needle!

I'll check in later......have good days!
  #561   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-21, 05:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all from Lancaster PA. Having a nice time with DD. She surprised me with paying for the room as a (very early) birthday present. How sweet is that? And there was a little gift basket waiting in here too. Love that girl!

I have that post-snoring feeling though so I hope I didn't bother her too much. That junky-allergy congestion feeling along with a mild headache indicates I probably was. Another indicator that it is time to drop a few pounds again.

Weather will be changing to rain today but we will get out and do some stuff and then we are fine cozying in as well.

Jaz, what a mess with your bank account and the fraudulent check. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that headache. I'm glad you were on top of things! I hope your training goes well today. It is really nice that you are being invited with the ladies so consistently!

Lori, YAY for Betty getting her first vax! What good news! Even one is a huge amount of protection for her.

Good luck getting your crown. I hope it goes well and is pain free!

Trig- yeah definitely meds will make you feel bloaty. Fortunately this too will pass and your beloved hot weather will be coming!
  #562   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-21, 03:07

BF:

Good Morning!

Happy April 1st! Weather is more like January 1st! Rain/sleet/snow/wind....take your pick, we have it all this morning. We're going to have some chilly golf days this weekend....50's, but hopefully sunny.

Today the only thing on my agenda is a possible trip to the grocery store. I may wait until tomorrow when the weather is a bit better. I really want some yogurt....that's the only thing I really need. DH would go for me, but he would be overwhelmed staring at the yogurt case. Lord knows what he would come home with. It's unbelievable how many kinds of yogurt we have to choose from.

My permanent crown placement was a bit of an ordeal yesterday. The dental assistant couldn't get the temporary to come off and had to have the dentist come in and use a drill to cut it. Ugh. Then to get the new one fitted....she must have put it on my tooth and taken it back off 75 times. Maybe not 75, but it seemed like it. She had to keep filing it down so floss would go between it and the next tooth. Then came the mouth full of gauze and cement. I was only there a bit over an hour, but it felt like forever. Glad it's over and it feels fine this morning.

---------

Nic...sorry your weather is not nicer for your Lancaster trip. I'm sure you and DD will have a nice time just staying in and being together. So sweet of her to pay for the room and have a gift basket there for you! A special time no matter the weather.

Jaz....hope your training day went well yesterday.

Trig....Quiet from your part of the world...hope all is well.

Blue.....

Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Apr-01-21 at 03:13.
  #563   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-21, 05:26

BF:

reporting in and putting down a dot......

shower then off to moms.

sunny day finally! oh boy that rain, needs to hold off for a while now....woof...too darn much!

chat up later, got to get my butt in gear and I don't wanna LOL
  #564   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-21, 05:33

BF:

Yes- April 1st! Wow- moving forward, spring/summer is here. Everything here is blooming or has bloomed. Very pretty flowers here, even the bushes flower.

Lori- reading your post makes my mouth hurt!!!! Wow, so glad it's over. Gads!!!!!
How did Betty do with her vax? My neighbor had her 2nd one yesterday and felt bad.

Yes, you are smart to not send a mad to the grocery! Hahahaha-

Nic- Wow I didn't know you were staying up in Amish country! How cool is that?!?!? I have been there! You do need to eat at one of their places. The food they make is amazing, flat out! Then go back to LC!!!!

I get ya on snoring and weight. That is so true. Was it you who said you have used a c-pap? I sort of remember someone brought that up last year, but I can't remember who.
You are correct in that weight does effect sleep! I feel it both up and down in weight.

When is your birthday? How sweet of your DD to gift you in that way! Enjoy yourself! How is that arm doing? Are you still on antibiotics?

Trig- I sure get slowing down when the weather is rainy and dark out.
I know you are tooling around and doing your thing! In a way you are so lucky to have your part of the world where you can have your space outside. You can just relax and walk on your yard and kick back. A very cozy place to be. I love that. Not all piled up with people and their drama.
My daughter loves country living for that very thing! Her place and space is her oasis! Very cool!
---------------------------------------------
Slept fitfully, speaking of sleep. I ended up getting up at 4 and then tossed until 6 and now just sipping coffee until I need to sign on for training at 830.

So far the kinks are getting worked through and it seems it might just be ok for awhile.

The bank issues resolved as I closed that account. I have a back up one I am using. But I am thinking about getting an account with one of those banks that are online. I heard Chase was pretty good.

I am just getting though today. I feel a bit bloaty myself and that doesn't feel great. I am thinking salt and cauliflower from yesterday.
I was thinking I would like to just have a day to broth it. Like a cleanse- reboot. Just broth. It has been a minute since I have done that.
It feels good to do a cleanse day! I do like to add butter though to my broth! YUM!

I need to hit up the grocery after work. I am out of a few staples. So it is shaping up to be a busy one!

Chat up later

EDIT: TRIG-- ya for sunny day! You are off to your mom's to do errands! You have a great day for it!!!!!
  #565   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-21, 14:55

BF:

Back....... another 8 hours for work in. Actually it was a great day.

I really think think this work from home gig is amazing.

Ok- going to eat my dinner on patio/ just poured a glass of white wine, and eating some salmon and kale. All good!!!!!!

I think today is amazing.

Picked up stuff for my hair I want to do tonight or tommorow. Chilly here.
I also picked up 2 packages of checkin breasts marked down and cooked them right away. I want to make chicken salad. Got celery, carrot slivers, and pickles. Just to have on had.

I am also going to make a casserole with sausage, egg, and broccoli to just have as well.
I also are you ready for this?????? A very small 3 pound smoked precooked have for 3 bucks for Easter! HELLO YESSSSSSSSS

Later gators- great day
  #566   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-21, 15:41

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey friends!

I'm back home. It was a mostly good trip with a couple of hiccups. The first night I wasn't sure how well I would sleep so I took a melatonin. Promptly forgot about it, slept fine. The next day, I was SO TIRED and I could not figure out why. I felt like I was walking through quicksand while stoned. It was BAD. Finally, finally it dawned on me around 2 that I had taken a melatonin the night before. We went back to the hotel room and I slept for like two hours and then I felt normal again. I am so NOT a daytime sleeper- like, I am sick if I sleep during the day. Well, add drugged to that equation. Yeah, I won't do that again!

Went to the orthopedist/hand doctor and got my stitches taken out. My hand and arm function are good- I seem to have turned that last corner about three days ago. So that is good news! He said to wait at least a month before any sports, and my Dr had said two, so I guess I'll go for somewhere in between.

My fat ass is back on plan as of tomorrow AM. DD and I are doing a stay on track challenge for April and that will help me to get back on track again. We agreed to start it tomorrow.

Jaz, I'm happy that things are working out well and you are enjoying your Work at Home gig. Especially with such beautiful surroundings!

Trig, looking forward to some sunny days here. Today we had rain, sleet and snow. WTH!?!

Lori- Ugh, your dentist appt does not sound fun at all. I bet that WAS a long hour! I'm glad it is behind you!

Hugs to all!
  #567   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-21, 16:15

BF:

Jaz.....so happy to hear you feeling so good and doing well with the work at home gig. There will be "those" days, but you have that in any job. Go with the flow! Your food plan sounds yummy too!

Nic....How nice to have your DD along for the April challenge of eating well. It helps to have a buddy doing it with you. Keep us posted on what you two are up to with your challenge. Is it to lose a certain amount or just stay with an eating plan, exercise....?? Inquiring minds need to know!

We have another chilly, blustery day for tomorrow and then things get a bit better...though not very warm. I'll be bundling up a bit for golf over the weekend.

Grocery tomorrow and baking a ham loaf and making candied sweet potatoes for Betty.

Have a great evening!
  #568   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-21, 05:36

BF:

Good morning Ladies......
BRRHHHHh......I had to turn on the heat this morning!

Nic- I find it funny almost you took some Melatonin and it knocked you out like that! I can take 10mg and lay awake!!! Now Benadryl on the other hand puts me in a drug fog for days. Just goes to show you how different we all are!

So glad you had a great time in Amish country! Did you eat out?
I hear ya loud and clear on the clean eating challenge for April! I was thinking along those same lines! Count me in!!!!!! This is the place to support each other in all that!

Also so glad to hear you are healing well!!!! Not to minimize, but OMG it could have be a tragic outcome! I am so glad you had your wits about you and it turned out this way! BTW- go to a drug store and get some scar cream. I used it for my nose- it does work!

Lori- ahhhhhhh ham loaf and sweet potatoes for Betty! Will you not have have any ham loaf?
I shared I am having smoked ham and green beans for Easter. I might even attempt deviled eggs! Love a good deviled egg!
Peeling the egg is half the battle!

Trig- How did your day out with your mom go yesterday? Are you feeling better with all the sinus crap?

How are you doing these day with your WOE? The beauty part of what you eat is it does not very much. No hard thinking involved.
Easy peasy.......
--------------------------------------------------
I am so so tired this morning. I think a schedule is catching up with me. I knew I would have a hard adjustment with sleep.
It will settle out. sorta like having summer then going back to school, remember that?!?!?!

COLD here!!!! - Had to turn on heat. I'm in yoga pants and a sweat shirt and wool socks! Sunshine and cold!

Picked up some "get that gray right out of my hair".....hahahaha- that will be on my agenda for tomorrow. I am back to loving Fridays and weekends.

Todays Eats: Chicken salad I am making, jumbo shrimp if wanted, dill pickles, and 8oz. Chardonnay. I should come in right around 15 carbs.

I am back to some serious carb counting. I really want to get back on a losing roll. I am now stuck. I am winding if a bite of this or that has put me on a stall.
So I want to just count my carbs and see if I truly am under 20 total is my daily goal. I eat mostly low carb leafy veggies. I am not where Trig is just yet...I do still like some variety. But now I am wondering if those veggies are stalling me. May need to add some healthy fat, and balance the veggies.
Back to counting.........

I am also considering using every Monday as a Cleanse day. Just a great way to kick off every week. I am thinking about what that might look like for me.

Ok ladies.....one more cup of coffee, hit the shower and put my yoga pants back on! BRHHHHHHH..........
  #569   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-21, 05:53

BF:

Jazz, should be real interesting to see where this at home work job takes you. Paycheck I am sure will be nice, more money to play the stocks with LOL

yea cold here. Wind is insane cold. can't stand it....WE ARE so close to that flip over!!

I think a 'monday cleanse' would be a good thing for your body.....but don't go crazy, cause if hungry in any way, eat some ON plan food ya know....don't put yourself into a craving sitatuion....but yea the body should like that actually.

Lori, bundle up for sure....but nicer golf weather is around the corner.
5 mins with a dentist seems like hrs to me! Glad you got it handled tho!

Nicco....rain with sleet and snow...WTH? NO NO I can't go back to that

sleep is so strange but pair that up with that melatonin stuff.....I tried it a few times and never felt anything and it never helped me sleep.

Super glad you had a fab trip tho! Change of scenery I bet helped you alot!

-----------all good
cold here darn it
SO CLOSE...just come on already

bed around 1 watching a movie then up at 6:30 which seems late for me, but heck kid was still up. I said GET to sleep NOW and she said 'spring break started' and I was like who cares! ugh

bro Rich flying down for weekend. me and kiddo will go over tomorrow for visit, hubby working tho.

eating is spot on. starting to eat lighter so maybe I can shift a 1/2 lb...be nice

got a Tbone today and ?? Might run to grocery. Got baby back ribs on low sale. might grab a dozen for freezer. be nice to take some to the beach and grill. we'll see, the thought of going out in the cold azz wind is unappealing for sure

be good
  #570   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-21, 08:25

BF:

Good Morning!

I've been a busy bee this morning! Went to the grocery store at 7:30....freakin' freezing outside! Sun is out now, but still gonna be cold all day. Anyway, came home and did my Pahla B workout, showered, made Betty some of her favorite dip for chips and now have eggs cooking for pickled eggs for me. Oh....washer spinning too! Whew!

Trig.....have fun with visiting brother this weekend! Hope the weather is nice.

Jaz.....have a good weekend after working all week!

Nic....glad you got a good report from the Dr. You'll be back to PB before you know it!

On to the next task of the day.....I have boundless energy today. What's up with that?