Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Wed, May-02-18, 09:34

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Happy Hump Day!

It’s raining again today. At least I haven’t had to water the plants & grass for a couple of days, letting Mother Nature do it for me.

Heading to the gym in a little while for my work out

I will eat once today, this afternoon.

Paulette, your salad sounds good, I am due for a salad too! Maybe with my meal today...

Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Wed, May-02-18, 11:16

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello All,

Another sunny 😎 day here in the Midwest!
Hit the trails with granddaughter and Magnum!
Thank you De for confirming the CoQ10.
Picked up some today at Wally!
No lettuce at Wally but iceberg! That okay I got spinach.

DD gave me a large bag of Cali rice from Trafer Jo! Only 4 carbs per cup I will have to try it!
Okay have a wonderful Wednesday and take care of yourself!
  #108   ^
Old Wed, May-02-18, 18:22

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello Everyone!

Not much going on. Weight remains the same. Planting seeds. designing brochures. Same old same old.

I had a chicken thigh for lunch. I have not made dinner yet and it is getting late. I am snacking on some almonds instead and will have a couple slices of cheese and ham as they are instant.

You all have a good night! Maybe tomorrow we will al have something to report.
  #109   ^
Old Wed, May-02-18, 19:01

BF:

I made a huge salad with red leaf lettuce (my fav), shredded spiced up chicken breast, red onion, black olives, red peppers, and a little shredded cheese. I was able to put off eating after my trip to the gym because I wasn’t very hungry after my workout.

It was raining heavily this morning as I was driving to the gym. The traffic slowed down to about 35 on the freeway because it was so hard to see. I just followed the car ahead and went slow. Luckily on the way home it was not coming down so hard.

Our younger pup turned 3 today. little girl. She got a couple of new toys and extra attention today.

I made a trip to the library to return some books and get a couple more. That was my day. It’s suppose to be a nice day tomorrow & no rain. ☀️
  #110   ^
Old Fri, May-04-18, 21:19

BF:

Friday Night!

I had a busy day. This morning was my gym day. Late afternoon we went to Red Rock conservation area to walk one of the trails. It’s so pretty out there! The weather was perfect for a nice long walk. The dogs got worn out.

I ate light today, just once. I ate about 3 pm.

Nothing really new in my world, but really want to keep this thread going!

Hope everyone had an enjoyable day
  #111   ^
Old Sat, May-05-18, 20:02

BF:

Hello Everyone! I want to keep this thread going , too!

It was a lovely day here, too. So I did mucho yard work on this Cinco de Mayo! My fingers are pretty worn out from digging in the dirt. I cut my nails to the nubs, but the dirt still finds its way in there and it does not seem to want to wash out!

Weight is the same! I thought for sure it would have something different to report today. Oh well.

Today I had a Mexican salad. A variety of proteins - steak, pork, shrimp, and chorizo - on a bed of baby romaine with my delicious avocado dressing. I have 28 tons of meat left over, so I will be having this salad for the next few days. I need to run to the store and buy another avocado to make my dressing.

Here is the recipe for the dressing, in case any of you are interested:

1 avocado, scooped and smashed
1 Tbl apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup mayo
1 clove garlic, smashed
1 Tbl minced onion
1 Tbl parsely
2 tsp dill weed

You can add a bit of water to thin it out for a lighter consistency. It makes a nice thick dressing/dip. Like guacamole. But without cilantro and tomato. And Ranch-style herbs. Low carbs!

I usually eat twice a day. If I only eat once, I get famished at night, and I don't like to eat too late. I rarely if ever eat breakfast. My breakfast consists of coffee , pills and vitamins! My dinner was just a few bites of leftover chicken and more coffee. I am having more now and it is after 9 pm! I just love it so much.

I hope you all are having a great weekend!
  #112   ^
Old Sun, May-06-18, 12:45

BF:

HAPPY SUNDAY!

I spent most of yesterday at my DDIL’s helping her with the kids while carpet installers were there. Then I went home did some cooking and read.

I made a batch of chicken thighs and LC chili. Have to keep my DH fed and happy. he loves the chili. I had a small salad with the chicken and a taste of the chili. Avocado slices on the side.

Today is leftovers of the same! No breakfast, just coffee.

Paulette, your dressing sounds good, I’ll have to try it. I eat avocado a lot now.

Today is a kick back day, reading and a few chores. A walk later with the dogs and DH.

#113   ^
Old Sun, May-06-18, 12:46

BF:

Hello all!

I want to keep this thread going also!

I have been with my DSS at the hospital. His pulse dropped to 45 and he was very dizzy and vomiting!
Turns out the beta blocker that he has been on for 15 years lowers his heart rate this was a good thing but now his heart has slowed on its own. So we stopped that and will be monitoring to see if his heart stays stable if not they say pacemaker but that dangerous because he gets heart infections!

Got him home yesterday then went to Cooper’s hawk for cousin bridal shower . They had salad and a herbed chicken breast it was yummy!

I mainly ate tuna at the hospital went to cafeteria and grabbed some mayo it wasn’t dukes but Good did have sugar but I only used one package. Got me through till yesterday!
Paulette... Salad dressing recipe sounds yummy!
De... happy belated birthday to your furbabby!
You are doing so well at the gym just excellent for your health!
Have a spectacular Sunday and take care of yourself!
  #114   ^
Old Sun, May-06-18, 12:58

BF:

Hi Berni,

Sorry to hear about your DSS health issues. Sometimes the meds cause more trouble than the disease! Hopefully he does well minus the beta blocker.

That’s great they had food at the bridal shower you could eat!

Take care....
  #115   ^
Old Mon, May-07-18, 19:44

BF:

Monday, Monday!

Gym day. I did my 90 minutes at the gym. Feels good to work out

It’s heating up here. We are in the 90’s today. More of the same tomorrow. It’s harder to take the dogs out for a walk now!

Today’s food: more chicken, more salad, a little chili.
  #116   ^
Old Tue, May-08-18, 08:27

BF:

Hello Everyone!

Bernie - I hope your husband is OK. You take good care of him. I hope he does well without those meds.

I wanted to jump in and update before it gets too busy here. I have been eating my salad leaves with the leftover Mexican meat mix and Avocado Dressing for a couple days now. Getting kind of sick of it, too! I think I will freeze the rest and make fish instead. Yes. That is the plan. Steamed cod with homemade tartar. And I took out a container of my chicken soup to thaw, too. A nice change, and no Mexican Spices!!!!

Tuna goes on sale for 69¢ at my local grocery store today, so I MUST go and stock up! Probably tomorrow, as I know I won't have time today. Tuna is something I have not had in a long time! I love it so much. Looks like tuna is on the menu for tomorrow for sure.

MY WEIGHT IS STILL STABLE. Sheesh. I wonder how much longer before I see another drop? I truly want to see a change by this weekend. It looks like my feet are a bit swollen, so I know I am simply retaining some water. When it whooshes, I should see a loss. I am not eating the Mexican stuff today, so my sodium level will definitely be less today. I love salt, but sometimes I get too much.

I better get to work. Talk at you all tomorrow!
  #117   ^
Old Tue, May-08-18, 10:14

BF:

Hello all,

DSS is doing better his pulse was up to 55 yesterday!
BP is staying stable but just incredibly tired!
It is in the 80’s today we hit the trails early but it was still warm! Not complaining no way luv every minute!
Made a big bowl of tuna with jalapeños, cucumber and a little red pepper. I got green leaf lettuce made a salad it was yummy!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #118   ^
Old Tue, May-08-18, 10:43

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Started Atkins' Induction around 3-30-2018, and stayed on it until now. I've since added nuts and some fruit, so technically I'm on OWL I guess, but I still calculate to stay at / near 20g of carbs. Read DANDR (2002) front to back, and also Dr. Eric C. Westman's The New Atkins for a New You (2010), and a few pages into it I made myself a cup of caffeinated coffee! Which has since morphed into bulletproof coffee.

#119   ^
Old Tue, May-08-18, 19:39

BF:

Happy Tuesday!

Had a fun day with my 4 year old granddaughter

Today my food choices were tuna, celery, tomato, olives, avocado and lettuce. I was getting tired of chicken. Lots of iced coffee too.

I will be offline for a couple days...dont be surprised if I haven’t posted for a little while

Bernie, glad your stepson is ok and feeling better now.

Paulette, hope you have a drop soon! Holding steady is good, but I know you want to see a drop

#120   ^
Old Tue, May-08-18, 19:42

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by s93uv3h
Started Atkins' Induction around 3-30-2018, and stayed on it until now. I've since added nuts and some fruit, so technically I'm on OWL I guess, but I still calculate to stay at / near 20g of carbs. Read DANDR (2002) front to back, and also Dr. Eric C. Westman's The New Atkins for a New You (2010), and a few pages into it I made myself a cup of caffeinated coffee! Which has since morphed into bulletproof coffee.

WELCOME!

That’s an interesting user name! What can we call you?