Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#346   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-22, 08:01

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

don't ask LOL

just tired and brain dead and just doing here

chat up later but all good and controlled right now til, I guess it won't be?

but yea just in fog still a bit....too much on the brain ain't good for this ol' broad!
Sponsored Links
  #347   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-22, 10:36

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG I am BACK!!!!!!!

ADM- Please ignore the letter I sent. As you can see I found my password! I'm IN!

My computer issues have been a NIGHTMARE!!!!!! Like the Elm Street sort! Just a crap show! I can't get into my emails - lost those passwords. My book is GONE- I stupidly did not back it up.
This has been a HUGE wake up call to me about backing stuff up, liquid near electronics, Hard copy of a notebook of passwords as well as the cloud based storage- with passwords.

Add that to the fact I spent HOURS yesterday at first trying to resurrect the dead. (Mac Book) - Nope and Nope.

Second spending hours with my son to help me pick the New right computer. I do not know computer language.
He hooked my up but now I have to crash You Tube on Windows 11.

Need to run out and get a mouse- back in a bit with personals.
  #348   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-22, 17:44

BF:

Part TWO-
OMG what a rough last couple days. Yesterday I truly had a meltdown over losing so much off my Mac.

I was able to recover with the help of my son all I wanted off that computer including passwords, and my taxes, and my book. It is trash. The curser and none of the buttons work. I has to use a mouse to hover and save to a thumb drive. The kid saved the day!!!!!!!!

On to now learning Windows 11 and this new machine. He put me in the fastest and big ram under 500 bucks. We searched almost all day.
It is actually listed as the best bang for your buck for under 500 bucks. It has Quad processer and 8 Ram- whatever all that means. Lightening fast and it works.
However, it is not a Apple and I am on a learning curve again!!!!!

I can move forward.

Lori- I know you are excited girl!!!!!!! I sure as heck know I could use a change of venue! It has been COLD and gray and rainy the last 3 days.

Very sweet of you to get a few meals together for DH! I was jaw dropped on the toaster post!
DANGGGGGGGG - leave him the local pizza delivery #.

Trig- you and Nic are sure going through it right now. I loved Nic's post to you! So thoughtfully written. She is right- she has been grieving for years already and it's a different type of response.
You are beginning to watch your mom go and fast. You said it would roll like that. I don't know which is better? It all sucks.

Are there any new developments on the Covid in the center? I am hopeful that Spring you can have some movement and get your space back!
Hugsssssssssssssss

Nic- - See above. Yeah I got confused as to where you are going and when! HAHAHAHAH You have been coming and going lately. Too cool to hit up AZ, everything (all the cactus flowers) should be in bloom! Are you staying at your dad's?

You are ROCKING the drops! I have no doubt you will get that 20 off you want!
Goodness you have a ton going on!
--------------------------------------------------------------
So I am back up and going. I tell ya I was in a funk of a panic with no laptop. I can handle no TV who cares. But Take away my internet/ laptop- Mayhem!

going to watch a Tube now on Windows 11 and call it a day.
Back at it all tomorrow!

So happy to be able to post!
  #349   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-22, 04:30

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

First of all.....Jaz....I am SO, SO glad that your son was able to help you recover everything that was important. What a relief! I was feeling so bad for you. I, too, am addicted to my little computer and all it can do. It sounds like you got a new machine that will serve you well. You'll learn it quickly, even though it's different than you're used to. Just remember, learning new stuff is good for our brains!

Nic.....You have a fun trip coming up! Hope it's full of good family time.

Trig.....I know you feel overwhelmed, but you are doing so well with everything. It will work out.....but life sure isn't easy, is it?

---------

Yesterday DH went and bought jumper cables and we were able to get his truck started. We let it run for a bit and then he used it all day and it started each time. He cleaned the battery terminals too and we're hopeful that it will start this morning. He's going to go have the battery tested and may have to get a new one. He'll figure it out, cause I'm outta here about 9 this morning!

I think I'm ready to go. Whatever I've forgotten, I'll buy. I'm only taking a backpack, so not much room for extras. I'm only taking one pair of shorts and I haven't tried them on. I hope they're not too big that they won't stay up as I haven't worn them for about 10 lbs. New low on the scale this morning....151.6! I won't see that again for a long time.

DSis is excited to go. Her daughter was giving her a guilt trip yesterday....she told DSis that "This is the worst week of our lives with work and everything going on and now you're leaving!" Sis told her....Yep...I'll be on that plane Tuesday morning! My niece only worries about herself....heaven forbid she could be happy that her Mom is getting to do something fun for herself. She's such a self-absorbed brat. I'm sure she wishes I would disappear so her Mom would just be at her beck & call all the time. Ha!

I'll be leaving by 9 this morning. I'm not looking forward to a 2.5 hour drive, but I'll make it. All systems are go!

I'll check in from my sister's tonight.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Feb-07-22 at 04:39.
  #350   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-22, 06:36

BF:

Lori all systems go is a good thing....hit FL and don't look back LOL

In a small way I think your SIS enjoys dealing with her daughter in that of course being a mom she helps her tons, but then she can also give her a 'big zinger' when she wants without giving it another thought LOL Your SIS I know is laughing her butt of watching her daughter squirm a bit well, I know I would be HA so that is their relationship but no biggie if your SIS does her own thing when she requires it but damn on that kid LOL Kid, ain't no kid right? Needs a bit of a wake up call for sure on how to treat others I would think but eh, it is what it is.

Your shorts, fall off buy new!!!

We got icy going down. Kid on 3 hr school delay, but will be cancelled I am sure....the rain is just freezing out there, it is slip and die type porch right now

Jaz so glad your son is a wiz at getting ya handled and back....I USE my kid the same way when dealing with phone stuff LOL I know nothing on phones but she just zips it all thru like nothing when things go wrong or I need apps and such.

Nicco what ya doing? You doing a trip soon too? For some reason I am thinking that but might be confusing Lori's trip in my mind.

OMG I need a trip. I haven't even planned her spring break in April trip....why bother? Not sure what is doing but last minute I can go somewhere but til then I ain't booking anything right now....feels very lonely and off my routine that I so adhere to but what the hell right, do what we gotta do LOL

I think mom and me both hit OLD age together HA I am SO set in my ways and wanting retirement in my own fashion that her being dependent now on others is like just wild to me.

------------today is NY Strip steak and burgers again. living on that right now

might have to throw me in some wings or ribs later, this beef and water only now has me wanting a change, and even if I do it I am still ZC and on plan, I mean what the heck, eat what I want and then go back to my beef. All good.

crazy here

got icicles hanging off the porch railing
rainy/icy crap
3 hr school delay to be cancelled soon I am sure on that, one flake, 1 icicle and school is over HA

just doing today, this and that and whatever

still a bit brain dead, I feel so off but I know that will change later so holding onto what has to get handled. all good
  #351   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-22, 07:48

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori I know you're super excited to get on that plane. Safe travels. I too think it's a bit amusing. That That your sister's daughter. Doesn't want to see her go and have fun. And I'm glad she's putting her foot down and leaving anyway. I agree with Trig. If your pants don't fit, go buy new ones. I know you're gonna have a great time. How many hours is it to your sister's house? I wouldn't look back either. So you'll be there until you said what Wednesday or Thursday? I can't remember. I'm jumbled too. I know you'll have a great time. Check in and let us know that you got there safely. What time is your plane leaving tomorrow? Woot Woot Woot woot on a new low. Means you can have more beer. Ha ha ha.

Trig- I'll tell you the weather here isn't anything to write home about. It's been gray and gross for about three days now. Yesterday it rained so hard. This little cottage has a tin roof on it so when it rains like that you can really hear it. Yeah, I know that down here in the South they tend to cancel everything at the first drop of snow.

Spring is coming. I am hopeful that maybe in the next month would be a good time that you could transition your mom into the retirement center. I think it would be good for her to get into a routine. And COVID actually is declining. I don't think we're ever gonna get away from that completely, truth be told. Maybe you could think about some place you'd like to go in the spring. And put it in pencil, or at least see if there's any openings.

Of course, anywhere you would go would have to have water and sand. I'm glad you're in the sweet spot for your eating plan. It's so awesome when we can finally hit our zone spots, don't you think? Like you, I'm ready for some sun.

Nic- hey there, how you doing up there? I know you said you had a busy week this week. You're always doing something. I think we're all living vicariously through you. That is, of course, until Lori goes to Florida. Ha ha ha. How long are you staying in Arizona? You know, that's one place I've never been. It's on my bucket list I'd like to see the Grand Canyon someday. That and Cape Hatteras it's on the other side of the country, but it's on my bucket list too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So kind of a cool feature with this new little set up I got going on but it needs some tweaking. Is it's called a talk and. Dictation Feature. I have to go in and sort of edit it a little bit. But it is kind of cool just to kind of sit here and chat, and it types it out for me. Although I have noticed that the first word of a sentence is usually a repeat.

So yesterday was all about taking my needed information off of my old computer, and putting it onto a thumb drive. So now I have it. Now I'll be learning this computer and modifying it so that it suits my needs, with the apps that I need and whatnot.

Rainy and gross all day. I'll be in. I'm not going anywhere. I've got some catching up to do. In the job market as well. My next location and adventure. I was thinking I might take a couple months since it's getting towards spring and head up towards my grandchildren for a little bit. I'm still waiting on a couple of applications, I sent in and will follow up on those today. Then I'll go back into Indeed and see if anything's new posted.

I have a ton of food in the fridge, so lucky I don't have to cook today. I'm thinking about making chicken salad out of some leftover chicken. Also some beef vegetable soup from leftover beef.

I am totally convinced that cortisol is a weight gainer. The last two days because of my computer issues have been stressful. I have not gone off plan, I still bounced up 3 pounds. Interesting, isn't it? That's all I got going on here. It's going to be fairly busy, but it's all going to be computer work that I'm interested in.

Be good, be safe.
  #352   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-22, 09:13

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- Have a wonderful, wonderful trip!! Very excited for you. And yes, I completely agree that your niece is a self centered little brat. The fact that her Mom is able to do things that are fun for her- she should be celebrating that. Is the niece an only child? Maybe she should look into expanding her circle of helpers- from daycare to pet sitting etc. Her Mom won't be available to her forever. Their lives are VERY intertwined.

CONGRATS on your new low today! Well done, girl!

Trig- oooh, an ice day? Stay in and stay safe. Hopefully the kid can have a day off and just chill a while. How is her school year going? Hard to believe but it won't be too too long until the end of the school year!

Jaz- Yay for a new computer and a GINORMOUS YAY for your son helping you get your book back. That is HUGE. What were you using as your platform, that it wasn't automatically saving it as you go?

Yeah, you are getting short on time for figuring out where to go next. I think it would be great to go see and see your grandkids - they don't keep as Littles!

The bounce up will come back down but it is still so annoying, right?

•••••••••••••

Scale is hanging out the last four days within .2 ounce but I won't complain as it had a lot of initial movement and now I'm settling in the slog. lol

I was so proud of myself yesterday, well and the day before. Skipped dinner out with the ILs Sat night to help myself stay on track, since I knew we would be going to a brunch buffet on Sunday. Managed the brunch buffet really well also- 100% on plan- I had bacon and sliced roast off the bone, and coffee. When everyone else was having pastries, French toast and pancakes etc I had my choices. At dessert time I had part of a sugar free jello. That was it. Go me! And I gotta say, I was sort of sorry I had the sugar free jello bc whatever sweetener is in that (aspartame?) makes my mouth so weird for hours afterward. Like, this sickly sweet in my mouth, literally from my mouth, like my salivary glands or something, that will NOT go away. You can't rinse it out or brush it out or anything. I also have that happen with diet sodas but I don't drink those anymore and haven't for a few years now. Things like erythritol, stevia and allulose don't cause that effect. It is a truly nasty deterrent.

Anyway, I'll probably hit up pickleball today for a while. Vacuuming and dusting, meal planning for the week (we've been limping by with odds and ends so far this week), and working on my SM's photo slideshow is the plan for the day. I've already put about 3 hours into it and probably 3 hours more to go to get it to completion.

BTW, Jaz- I'm not going to Arizona. You misread, my friend! I'm going to AUSTIN. Texas. Leaving Thursday and coming back Sunday. I have been to Arizona though and in fact climbed Camelback mountain while I was there last, in the Phoenix area. Also have been to the Grand Canyon during the Epic Summer Trip there.

That's about it from here. I have TONS of library books, both hard and ebooks, and I'm falling behind. I may have to put some back on the wait list!
  #353   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-22, 11:39

BF:

Hi again!

I'm here at my sister's and had my first beer. I needed it. I saw an accident about 30 miles from here on the turnpike. It happened a few hundred feet in front of me. Car started fishtailing and then went off the road, airborne and upside down. I was trying to figure out where I could pull over to call 911 when I saw another car had pulled over, so I didn't stop. Hope I did the right thing. It is not a safe place to pull over. Once I saw someone else had stopped, I kept going. I know help had been summoned. It had started to rain and snow shower, so I didn't know if the roads where icy, so I slowed way down. The guy who flipped had passed me and I had my cruise set at 73. He had to be going at least 80 if not more. Scary. I was very glad to get here.

DSis and I are going to pick up her granddaughter(14) at school and take her home and then it is out for an early dinner and home to the nest. We'll head for the airport tomorrow morning around 8:30. We get back here from FL on Saturday the 12th and I'll stay here for my birthday(13th) and then drive home on Monday, the 14th.

I'll probably check in tomorrow morning before we fly!

#354   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-22, 18:10

BF:

Lori that would be super scary. I'm glad you were not caught up in that and hopefully no one was seriously injured.

Have a safe flight tomorrow!
  #355   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-22, 04:35

BF:

Good Morning!

Up at my normal 4:30 and had my first cup of coffee already. I think Sis is getting up at 6:15 or something like that. We're going to head for the airport around 8AM. We like to be early! I didn't do online check in since Sis is checking a bag, but may still do that if the airport is nuts. It's been so long since I've flown that I don't remember the procedure! We're also using a new off site parking lot as the one we used to use has closed, so it's all a bit unfamiliar.

Sis and I went to Longhorn steak house last night and had the best Parmesan chicken and roasted Brussels sprouts....Yum!

We'll be arriving into FL in rain that will last all day. Oh well, at least the other 3 days look sunny....if only in the 60's. Still warmer than here and a much needed change of scenery.

Biggest hugs to you all and I'll try to email some pics during the week!
  #356   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-22, 05:56

BF:

Super safe travels Lori.....and yes a change of scenery from PA to FL will give you a great bit of nice eye candy.....toes in the sand and drink in hand. Have fun you guys!!

Fast morning---will catch up with Nicco and Jazz when I get back

Mom to Dr this morn to get all the medical forms for admittance into retirement home. Fun day.....not LOL

gonna be a long long long damn day HAHA

back later
  #357   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-22, 09:10

BF:

Hey all- Tuesday Morning!

Nic- I cracked up over your AZ/TX comment. This coming from someone who seeing anything west of the Mississippi as just WEST! HAHAHAHAHAH- Enjoy your time in Austin! HEHEHEH

Go you on navigating a buffet. I avoid those places like the plague. I have never understood the appeal of food sitting out under heat lamps and having tons of people breathing and picking through it all. ICK

Although when the kids were little some pizza place had a 5.00 all you can eat pizza bar and it was cheap and worked! But trust me the pizza flew off the bar and never sat out long.

Any good reads? Not that I have a ton of time right now. But I do love me a great story!

Oh- to answer your question. I put my writings on a word doc and put it on desktop only! MY BAD- never again. Yes- I have thanked my kid over and over for walking me though getting stuff out.
I also went from my Mac Air to an Acer with quad processer= fast and does alot. I have learned a bit about computers too!
I like it for the $$$$$. It is actually listed as biggest bang for your buck in consumer reports. It has intel Core and intel graphics. So, it will suit my needs.

Lori- I wonder if you are on the plane as I type this! Yup it might be raining as we had rain all night. I just know you two are going to have a blast regardless. Day one is always a recoup day anyway!
I bet they have a heated pool and a hot tub! Oh yeah!

I would have freaked to see a car flip in front of me. I have seen cars slide off the road in front of me but never flipped! Whoa! I am glad you didn't stop- that is so dangerous. Put it behind you. You are safe and moved on to FL!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for pics and stories! Living vicariously through you! I looked up where you are going and there is a grill there with some pretty decent entrees. But you know I am like you, I would hit up a few appetizers to share and call it a day!

So Jelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trig- I know today is going to be long and rough but it is the right thing that needs to happen! In the end both you and your mom will be happier.

She needs her space and to find her place there and make friends. She will be well taken care of, and you can know you have done everything you could! The in-between process is hard! HUGSSSSSSSSSS
-------------------------------------------------------------
It rained again all night but not a hard rain. It was sort of relaxing to listen to tucked into bed with a fur baby at my feet.
Gray, cool and damp out. Truly, I took my shower and put my fuzzies back on! So OVER winter!!!!!

Ok question- Is it just me or does it seem like the hair needs done quicker and quicker? I seem to show roots faster and faster! Gave myself a haircut last week and took off about 5 inches of brittle dry hair! It's a bob to my shoulders and easy to deal with. I can still get it in a ponytail.

Bounced down again- goodness. I am looking for a bounce DOWN, not up and down. HAHAH

Food today: Orange roughy and roasted brussel sprouts. I actually love brussel sprouts roasted in olive oil and garlic. Hey, it is just me here too! HAHAHAHA

Yea I sure did lose a few days in the job/cottage hunt - but back on track now.

Ok- need to get "on it". I might look at Tampa- choices are endless!
  #358   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-22, 09:36

BF:

Hey Chicks!

Lori, safe travels my friend! Enjoy every second of your time, check in when you can but don't worry about it if you don't!

Trig, hugs girl on the long day at the Dr's with your Mom. I hope it goes well and you can continue the move forward.

Jaz, definitely sounds like a day for jammies! I was jammied up all day yesterday, even took a walk in them with a coat on. lol Took a bath, changed my underwear and back in my jammies! Today I am getting dressed and going out into the world.

Good luck on job and house hunting today!

••••••••••

Still no moving of the ticker for me- up and down the same .2. And then I looked back and I am really being a spoiled baby bc today is Day 4 of that. In my mind it was ballooning to FOREVER. :laugh: I swear I am not all that dramatic in my day to day life but man let me get my head going about the scale. lol

I am going to be journaling over the next few days in preparation for the TX trip coming up on Thursday. I don't want to undo my progress for sure. My week's goal (Tu-Tu for weigh in days) is to maintain. That may or may not happen since we fly back in Sunday night and one day between may not be enough to shed travel water weight, but we'll see. We are renting a house so I can stock things like deli meat, bacon, eggs. But still, there will be meals out and one celebration dinner. I want to walk the line of enjoying that and not ruining it for myself by making it all about food and getting in my head. So, I'm trying to work through it ahead of time.

I'm making the slideshow for my SM's 85th and so far I've put about 6 hours into it. My goal is to have it ready to upload by tomorrow so I can fix whatever issues there are.

Do any of you play Wordle? We are obsessed in my family and it has its own special text thread. Most of us also Dordle, which is a step up from Wordle. Fun way to connect with the kids on the daily. We even have my brother pulled in to the thread!

Today's planned food is coffee, a 'Real Good' chicken roll (finishing up last one from freezer) with a few LC homemade crackers and goat cheese, and then breaded pork tenderloin (LC) and salad. Snack if I want it is a single toasted slice of my homemade LC bread with butter and 2t sf jam.
Yesterday I had a roasted chicken quarter with green beans, and a burger patty with homemade mayo and salad with homemade dressing.

Exercise yesterday was housecleaning and a 30 minute walk. Today's will be a walk.

Yo Jaz- I am currently reading Golden Girl by Elin Hilderbrand and Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney.
  #359   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-22, 17:00

BF:

NIC- - I know you "got this" food. Everyone else might make big deal- decide it is just a "meal" nothing more. Move on- all good!

safe travels!!!!!

So sweet of you to put together a program for everyone to watch!

So switching topics, are you not going to be able to watch super bowl????????? GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori- are you there sipping beverage?

TRig- how was your day?
--------------------------------------------------
Kicking back- in my jammies. Same as Nic- Showered up- new undergarments and back in jammies and fuzzy socks.
Tired today .....
  #360   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-22, 17:28

BF:

We're here! We were a little late getting here...after 3 o'clock. Got to the resort around 4:30. Rainy and cold. Only thing open was the outdoor bar. They had some plastic up, but no heat. We ate and drank....now in our room with the heat on. I drank a beer and 3 shots...1 peanut butter whiskey and 2 PB&J shots which are pb whiskey and raspberry Chambord. Good grief! Had fun at the bar with some other people just getting in. Room is nice and we're tired. Hopefully sun tomorrow!