Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 10:07

Plan: Swarzbein Princple
Stats: 138/136/124
BF:
Progress: 14%
Red face Losing Weight

How long does it take to lose any weight. Iv'e been on Schwarzbein for 4 months and the only thing I have noticed is my skin is not so dry and I'm not hungry all the time. But I am getting very frustrated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 18:41

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default It's not about weight loss

Hi, Jan. I notice that your goal weight is very close to your starting weight. Have you noticed anything else? Like looser clothing? One of the things about a low-carb diet, is that you are reconfiguring your body to its proper ratio. You may not lose weight on the scales because you are adding lean body mass as you reduce the amount of fat you carry.

Dr. Schwarzbein stresses in her book, that the scales cannot be trusted. Instead you have to trust how you feel and look. I know that for me, the benefits (and I've only been doing this for about 2 1/2 weeks) are better vitality, mood, and general health.

If your skin is more supple, there must have been other changes that you weren't aware of. And if you never attain your goal weight, it's still a healthy way to eat and live.

Don't be discouraged. Instead, pay attention to how you feel on the program. It's worth it!

;-Deb

#3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 08:30

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/162.5/140
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default We shoud expect weight loss

After 2 years of Atkins (net loss 33 lbs.) I am on my second week of Schwarzbein. I've lost about a pound in that week, but also am frustrated because I have followed these low carb diets religiously FOR TWO YEARS without getting anywhere near my goal weight. I was thinking this morning that event though Schwarzbein doesn't really talk about the amount of protein and fats, they DO count, partly because of calories and partly because EVERYTHING turns to glucose (carbs); it's just a matter of how long it takes. I've decided to eat slowly and stop exactly when I'm not hungry anymore. I'm also reducing the ratio of protein to nonstarchy vegetables. In addition, I'm cutting down on heavy cream in my decaf. (Atkins probably would have worked better if I had made those changes in that diet, as well; I prefer Schwarzbein because it seems more like I should eat.)
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 08:32

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 220/174/150
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default totally understand

Hi Jan,

I just wanted to say that I've been doing Schwarzbein for about a month and a half and I haven't lost any weight either. I was a little concerned about this because it made me wonder if I was doing something wrong, but in the book it does stress that it takes a long time and your body may take up to 6 months to reverse the bad habits from before. Hopefully though, I will start seeing some results soon because you are right, it's frustrating and a little discouraging not to see any actual numbers dropping since that is what we are trained to look for.

Shellstuff