Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 06:42

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
My kids are still thin and trim , and can eat whole fruit, as well as the chickens and dogs.

Your kids eat chicken and dogs?!?!

I really like the Fiber Menace guy, and everything he talks about on his website:

Gutsense.org

works for me.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 06:57

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Need to read more on the fiber.
  #153   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 07:13

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Your kids eat chicken and dogs?!?!

I really like the Fiber Menace guy, and everything he talks about on his website:

Gutsense.org

works for me.

Still reading thru, great deal of material to read.

The presentation is understandably one-sided.
  #154   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 11:55
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Well at least her kids are healthy enough to catch a chicken. Even my dogs can't do that

Would love to have a cherry tree, but it doesn't get cold enough for them to produce here like at Hood River
  #155   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 12:07

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Too hot for Cherries and too cold for Mango (except for in the TX valley).
  #156   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 12:14

BF:

Plant what you CAN grow. Every region has it's limitations and it' s plusses. Wish I could grow aloe.....

Chickens-- you dont catch during the day. You coop them up.
  #157   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 12:27

BF:

Quote:
Plant what you CAN grow. Every region has it's limitations and it' s plusses. Wish I could grow aloe.....

Chickens-- you dont catch during the day. You coop them up.

When we had some pet chickens, the children had them trained to squat so they could get picked up.

We go from 70 one day to 30 the next day in the winter so it's that one day that can zap tropical things unless I drag them inside if I have warning and blieve the warning enough to take action.

I can't even remember all of the things I've lost....
A friend grew an Avacado from seed to around 4' and gave it to me. She also grew an Almond from seed she harvested in Mexico...both froze. I had a nice pot of Aloe, zapped. For years we could never have citrus and it wasn't sold here but now growers want to make money so I have three and they have defoliated several times because of a 1-2 day sudden drop in temp.
We can have fruit trees with very low cold hours so that they fruit in the spring.
I had a HUGE pencil cactus that was too big to move....zapped Bromeliads and ponytail palm...zapped.
Two Huge in ground bottlebrushes...zapped.....and the list goes on.
It's so tempting to grow these plants that may do well for 2-3 years and then that one night come...Zapp.
  #158   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 13:16

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
When we had some pet chickens, the children had them trained to squat so they could get picked up.

ROFL, this is a natural response for a hen. She is preparing to "hook up" with the rooster.lol
  #159   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 13:24

BF:

Quote:
ROFL, this is a natural response for a hen. She is preparing to "hook up" with the rooster.lol

Whaaaat? And I thought we had special chickens!!!
  #160   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 13:25

BF:

I did bring The Dental DIet with me, to share with nephew by marriage. He is a dentist. He only read about half the book, and thought it was written by a dentist that was dissatisfied with dentistry so wrote a rant. I thought about his response all the long drive home. Was his response one of a young dentist just 10 years practicing, naive about other options? Or the money pulling teeth trumps all?

I am holding onto the squeaky clean teeth after a long nite sleep. So continuing with the baking soda for brushing lightly. One tooth seems to have the gum growing back up to the crown-- easy to track that level, compared to other teeth.
  #161   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 13:33

BF:

Grind them down and cover with crown $$$$$$
Or refer to root Canal and cover with crown $$$$$
Forget the $200 filling.....
Like the last idiot told me, "I don't do patch jobs"
Guess what, I'm nursing the botched root canal done by the expensive referral. I'm sure be botched it because he complained that the roots were twisted at the time and it took him a lOOOOng time to do it. His hands were too big for my small mouth too! I have an abscess and put myself on Amoxicillin last week and I am going to either go back to him or another dentist who will probably show me on xray that all of the root was Not removeed because I still had feeling when I taped on the tooth, nerves still in there...ugh!!
  #162   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 14:23

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Guess what, I'm nursing the botched root canal done by the expensive referral. I'm sure be botched it because he complained that the roots were twisted at the time and it took him a lOOOOng time to do it. His hands were too big for my small mouth too! I have an abscess and put myself on Amoxicillin last week and I am going to either go back to him or another dentist who will probably show me on xray that all of the root was Not removeed because I still had feeling when I taped on the tooth, nerves still in there...ugh!!

I have heard terrible things about root canals to the point that I just don't know what I'll do when faced with a decision. Last time it came up I had a runaway infection that there was no choice but to pull it and get an implant. Which seems to work very well and has far more advantages over a bridge.
  #163   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 18:38

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Pulling teeth makes dentists less money than root canals, and some don't do implants, so they tend to recommend the procedures they can or want to do. I wish you luck with your infection, Meme#1. My sister got one and ultimately had to get an implant. The infection actually ate away some of the jawbone so they had to take a piece of one of her ribs (!), grind it into a powder, pack it into the hole once the infection was completely gone, wait a couple of months for the ground bone to become one with the jawbone, and then do the implant. Luckily she had good insurance, but the lost time, pain and aggravation was terrible. If I ever have this problem, I think I'll go straight for an implant, like WereBear.
  #164   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 20:27

BF:

We all make the best choice we can...... Most people don't have dental insurance. So when faced with implants, crowns or pulling, it is pulling.

DOcs don't explain the risks between implants and root canals....at least mine didn't. THough I was very keen on keeping my tooth so I wouldn't have really heard what the doc had to say. As I remember the implant was $5k or something close, leaving the root canal the next best option financially-- and this is with insurance.

I know too many people that live paycheck to paycheck and dont have the money for more than a tooth pulling. Hence my interest in better mouth care, etc.
  #165   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-18, 21:03

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Too hot for Cherries and too cold for Mango (except for in the TX valley).
Mulberry tree. A couple grew wild in our back yard, presumably from birds pooping seeds from a tree down the road. Trust me, in southeast Texas those guys will keep growing through anything, even being completely cut down they'll grow back from the roots. They produce a huge amount of sweet berries each spring. Only problem, besides that they're messy to step on, is they were so tasty my blood sugar got too high and I had to cut back to just a small hand full per day. Bummer.