Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 12:05

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 180/180/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default New on Montignac

Hi,

I'm Sandra and started with the Montignac Diet this weekend. I've done so many low-calory and low-fat diets, but I always ended up where I started or above, and that happened when my life changed (exams, children, move to another country).
A friend told me about Montignac, I bought the book Eat yourself slim, and it sounds to me that it might be a plan that can withstand changes. I don't know, I will try.

I've read all the postings in this section and am glad that all of you have had the same difficulties that I had reading the book, that it takes time to figure out what Montignac means, and that there are contradictions in his book. What I really miss are more examples for the allowed carb-meals.

But as I said, I just started. My biggest problem right now is that I'm hungry between meals, and that I don`t know what is allowed to eat.

I'm also not that great a cook, but I think that I'll get used to it. I actually like the idea of getting away from all the processed and full-of-chemicals-food, but I will need my time to get used to it.

A question: How much time do you girls stick to Montignac now, and how much weight were you able to lose?

I really need to loose weight, because I had 2 very stressy years and have gained lots. I promised myself not to buy another size more for my wardrobe, and this change in eating habits seems to me quite healthy. And if it works fast, the better.

It is not that easy to buy healthy food (according to Montignac) here in Spain. The meditereanean diet should be so healthy, but they eat so much deep-fried things, and only white flour in everything....

Well, I'm planning to weigh myself again in 4 weeks, because if I start doing it daily, it will make me nervous. But I hope to find some people to share experiences with. I would be very glad about answers...

Sandra.
Sponsored Links