Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#121   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-18, 04:46

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

LORI- OMG- I would have heart failure if a bat was in my house. And during all this your hubby disappears to the bathroom????? OMG........
YAY on the fasting- it's all a matter of what your body gets used to. YES you can do this!

NIC- I am so glad you are going to see a doctor regarding your inner ear issue. Urghhhhh how icky that feels!!!!! Hope they find something .
Take a pic of your new dress- we NEED TO SEE IT

TRIG- WHAT ELSE can go wrong with this trip! SURE hope you all don't get sick!!!! HOW AWFUL - I can't believe that you paid for that crap!!! I would not have paid for that slop. OMG- is it TIME for you to come home yet????? What a mess of a VACAY I think I would have left after DEAD MAN FLOATING!!!!!! urghhhhhh

BLUE- Well...... I know that whatever you decide will work itself out. It is a sellers market! I would put your energy on getting to your NEW HOME!!!!!
You only have so much energy- so do what you can on your WOE! But I will tell ya carbs make ME feel gross. So just watch those- you need feel good through this process!!!! I know you will.
-----------------------------------------------------
OMG I NEED more hours in a day! I was finishing a post last night when I got a call from a fellow I sorta blew off last week. I met him in the cheese dept. If you can believe it. He was directing me to goat cheese.
Anyway- another date. I know TRIG- DETAILS DETAILS!!!! HAHAHAH!!!!!
He is 10 years older than me, well.....wait he is yes 10 years older. The thing is- I think his age SOUNDS SO OLD to me..... yet fast forward just 10 years I will be there! I really just don't see myself as 52 AT ALL!!!!!! I am still in 80's mode!!!!! ya well.......

I am ready for some cooler weather- hot and humid- rain repeat. To stinking hot to be outside.

I am moving slow this morning- very slow. I need to get my ARSE moving- huge state wide meeting today. People are coming in for a "summit" - it's supposed to be a team building thing. So are you ready for this- so M- told half the office that she was ordering lunch for the meeting. So I told the office staff that lunch would be provided. But it dawned on me this morning she is only ordering for those traveling in. So how can she give lunch to half the staff? This is not the first time she has told people that much was coming only to have no food for them. I need to get to the secretary and tell her to double the order. that is crap! Speaking of- I am taking in salmon.
I went off the rails- the last luncheon from a Mexican place. I am STILL receiving from that 3 weeks ago. I got the "taste" for carbs- and had to reel it back in. I just CAN'T go there again. Not a single bite. I will eat at my desk- - - -

Well ladies I have a plan- hummmmm what to wear tonight? I usually wear a SHORT pencil skirt and a black blousy top- then I spray on sparkles. Ya I do!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-18, 05:40

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue you are so right about buffet style!! I told hubby a regular old dinner at 1/2 the cost would be sufficient, buffets are now kinda getting off my list also

on your home, don't go overboard. put down the hammer and close the wallet cause at some point, the buyer can decide what to fix now or later or whatever, you home does not have to be picture perfect to get top dollar either.....so be careful on that. but sounds like you guys got it under control

Lori, you had me laughing....BAT in the house!!!!!
ACK.....ack is funny LOL

you are feeling thin!!!! that is a super good place to be!!! love that feeling, you are doing something great with your eating window, hold on and get yourself into a good routine like you are doing.

Nicco the wedding is THAT close, 2 weeks! omgosh! time flies, bet you guys will start to get into total wedding mode very very soon can't wait to see pics!!!

hey all, quickie again

hubby fished pier til 2 am. got a few small things. he wasn't in big fish tale heaven

kiddo and I took doggie on long beach walk, no dead bodies found even tho she was looking

today is simple
off to Tanger Outlet mall. have to get some shirts for kiddo hopefully for school. might eat out, kiddo is asking for giant salad cause she is sick of slop also HAHA so might hit small 'diner' type lunch place later.

dinner tonight is 2 small delish looking pork loin on grill.
can't wait. real good regular yummy food, about time

swim in ocean, goof off here and there, kinda blow the day sorta thing

So I had a racoon from hell try to take me down.
I go out to cross the little camp road to dumper behind the ranger store and this 'DOG' was in the road. Tail to me. I thought, hmm, someone's little dog got out. Here doggie, here doggie......and that sucker turns around and a big old coon was staring me down. He had 'that look' and his fur went up, is tail fuzzed out and he was braced in 'that stance' like I am gonna come flying at your face any moment. I took a step and he took a step toward me and more braced and intent looking then ever I tell ya this thing was ready to rumble!!!!! I backed off, made a very wide loop while he decided to head under the neighbor's camper. Nature, don't ya just love it at least it was a coon, one day I am sure I will come out to meet up wtih a bear or bigfoot!

everyone have a great day!
  #123   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-18, 09:01

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Okay, gotta start with this:

Trig wrote:
"So I had a raccoon from hell try to take me down."

I literally burst out laughing. That is a classic line. Of course, preceded earlier by Lori's "BAT IN THE HOUSE!!"

You guys, we are a mess! But damn we are funny!!

BTW Lori, want to hear a nightmare? My SIL once was in the car and felt something moving in her jacket. She had a BAT in her JACKET while in the car with her kids!!! She still absolutely freaks out about it- as would anyone!!

Trig, funny story about the raccoon, I could totally picture it. My mind then flipped to some movie where the animal leaps into the face of the character. Who was that? In my head it is Chevy Chase but I'm not sure...

Hope DD finds some things she likes while outlet shopping.

Jaz- So you decided to go out with Mr. Fromage after all! I don't see 10 years as a HUGE difference. My brother and his wife are 8 years apart. I don't think I knew you and I are so close in age.. you are 52? I am coming up on 50. How are my kids so much younger than yours?! lol

Let us know how the date goes. Hopefully well!

PS- I didn't even know spray on sparkles exist..

Lori- What were your thoughts on Aldi?

Blue- Sounds like a lot is going on with decision and house-sale stuff. We are ready and able to listen if you want to share, but maybe this is a place where you don't have to rehash what is heavy on your mind.

I do agree somewhat with Trig.. yes there are things you do to bring in more money, but you are also not selling a new house and it isn't to be perfect. I know you know that though. Hugs!!

••••••••

Okay so the new dress looks like this. I don't have any pics of me in it- it went straight to the seamstress from the store to get the length taken up.

https://www.davidsbridal.com/Produc...-capelet-3523dw

It is navy blue and it is not plus size, just regular. Couldn't find regular on the website.

Taking a quieter day here at home after a busy few days. Doing laundry, created a new playlist on my phone, going to finish up a book that is a hard copy. It is so funny, I am so unused to regular books (I use my Kindle almost exclusively) that I have almost forgotten how to read a paper book.

Weight is slowly going down. I am a little below pre-trip weight which was still quite a bit above where I want to be. But just going to keep the course and not focus on a number pre-wedding because that is stress I don't need. Whatever comes off, comes off. The dress fits fine as I am now and anything else is gravy.

OH! TOM is here today and I have never been happier. lol I was late to start for the first time in several years and I was panicking that it would come around the wedding and make me even more emotional than I would already be. This puts me in the PERFECT window of mid-cycle. YAY!!

Appetite is low, down to two meals a day on average and once, one. I am really enjoying the Rebel Creamery Keto ice cream and have had NO ill effects on weight loss. I didn't expect it to, it is full on Keto, and sure enough! Losing a bit daily even with a serving each day, and with it being full fat one serving doesn't leave me looking for any more.. it is just enough.

Have a great day!

Last edited by niccofive : Thu, Aug-16-18 at 09:10.
  #124   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-18, 14:37

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Back from a LONG day on the golf course. It was hot & the course was wet and soggy. Put lots of steps on as it was cart path only since it is so wet. It was ok, but a long drive to get there and a long drive home.

Jaz....I think DH went to the bathroom quick before he started hunting down the bat....first things first you know! I had to go too before I headed downstairs as I probably would have had an accident if the dang bat flew by my head! Still no signs of the winged creature. We'll find out tonight when it gets dark if he's still in the house. I really think he flew out the bedroom window. I wish I wouldn't have pulled the sheet over my head so I would have seen him go out.

Hope your date goes well tonight. Let us know!

Nic....your dress is beautiful! You will look awesome.

Trig.....and now a crazed raccoon???? WTH??? You must feel like you are cursed for sure. How disappointing about your dinner at that buffet. We ate well in Myrtle Beach, but didn't try a buffet. We liked Mr. Fish and went there twice the week we were there.

Well, I think I'll have a cup of decaf coffee and relax. The shower felt so good when I got home. DH and the boys will be at baseball games until 8 or 9 o'clock. Thank goodness no cooking dinner for me tonight.

Later!
  #125   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-18, 18:32

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Before I get into personals, I just want to say that my heart is sad today over the passing of Aretha Franklin. Yeah, if you read the news, you saw it coming. She had pancreatic cancer.

I miss her already. I am of the generation that came of age with her great songs, and with her endless participation in the fight for civil rights. And did you know she was the mom of 4 sons, who in many interviews she says are her greatest loves and accomplishments?

Name the song she sang, and I can tell you where I was in my life. Every note squeezed my heart, or actually made me a good dancer, LOL, or described to me as I look back, that old saying "those were the days my friend."

I know everyone says with good intentions, "rest in peace." But I just can't see that for Aretha. My hopes are that her spirit rocks the heavens!

Lori---I too hate bats. In college I lived in an apartment in an old home on the lake where the attic was infested with bats. Those suckers can flatten themselves out and slide thru the thinnest of allowances, including it turns out, the trap door to the attic of our 2nd floor apartment.

I do believe I can match Nic's bat horror story. So one night at this apartment, after taking a relaxing bubble bath, I grabbed my terry cloth old faithful robe when I got out of the tub. As I extended one of my arms into the sleeve, something felt wrong. Furry beyond terrycloth. Took it off and looked down the sleeve and yep, there was a bat all curled up in a ball, and asleep in the crook of the elbow. OMG, I freaked out! And that was only one of many bat stories at that place, there were others dang near as bad. Ahhhhhh, college days on the cheap. Sometimes they're cranked up in one's memory to much better than they were.

Nic---I think your dress is gorgeous. Kind of surprised me because while so elegant and simple, it is also very feminine. I know you're no girly girl, but this dress is so pretty, and I think you will look gorgeous in it with your coloring. What are you going to do about hair? Are you going to wear it down per usual, or get a bit adventuresome?

Man, this thing is rolling up fast. I can't wait to see the pix and hear the stories.

BTW, TOTALLY agree w/your analysis of Berg vs. Tyler. You hit it on the nose. I too love both.

Trigger---hahahahahaha---you vs. the raccoon. Hey, I'd bet on you any old day! Your description of the meeting cracked me up. Well, at least you can't say this vacay was boring! Have loved hearing about it all.

Jaz---Ha, Love Nic's nick name for your date. Mr. Fromage. Perfect. We are awaiting details, girl!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIGH. We got the latest house kerfuffle straightened out and arrived at what we think is a good compromise, and more importantly, doable. We have both been stretched beyond our breaking point on money, time and work, only we do not have the luxury to break.

So we just keep going, as we initially did on this issue. Long story short, all of a sudden the realtor said if you really want the wow factor here, you'll redo your wood floors.

The bid we got was pretty reasonable. But the labor involved was intensive, with us moving everything out of all the main rooms of the house, and then back in, AND being unable to live in our house for a WEEK, just a short time before we put it on the market. Oh, and did I mention the POD that all the furniture would have to be moved into and then out of?

Well, we came to our senses and said NO. LOL, I think of our floors as "rustic." But have to admit the living room and dining room are a problem, because we have long had big and lovely area rugs down in both rooms, and you can SO see the demarkation of the walking paths. So in the end, we will do the floors in just those two rooms instead of the more ambitious plan to do our long hallway and 2 other rooms, all at once. This was giving hubby nightmares. I have become numb to it all, and just say "sure" to everything. Thank God his "what's reasonable for us feelers were way up!"

Still, not going to be any walk in the park to empty even those two rooms into the rest of our house. But it IS doable, and price has gone way down from our original thoughts. And, we can live here thruout, if not entirely comfortably.

Boy howdy, the very idea of being in someone else's home for a week when we still have much to do here, was just wrongo.

So, yeah, when buyers walk in, they are going to really love what they see. LOL, THEN, they can get a load of what they will need to do in the ongoing upkeep of this charming, unique, elegant and brilliantly located house, in terms of floors and other things.

Good that we've gotten the bids and know exactly how much it can be done for. Gals, this is what they tell you when you try to leave one thing up to the new buyer to improve. They say "Well, that buyer's going to come in and say it's going to cost 10,000 to do those floors, so we want that off the price.

Well, we know now, it isn't going to cost any such thing. If we get in a struggle with a sincere buyer, we'll give them a credit on what we were going to do, based on the bids we got. And it ain't no $10,000.

I think back to when we bought this house, and how many thing weren't right for us. Much of it was cosmetic, but also, the kitchen was outdated by 30 years at least behind the times, and the bathroom was even worse. Also, did I mention the. house was sided in mint green aluminum with a matching mint green fence.

We painted the fence white fast, and had many neighbors cheering us as we did. Took longer to change the color of the house, but a huge hail storm came to our rescue with our household insurance, and we were able to re-side it in a nice crisp beige.

I guess what I'm sayin' is, people watch too much HGTV. We didn't buy a perfect house, and we're not selling a perfect house. But man oh man, we have made huge improvements.

Also, just have to say, I am VERY SICK OF MEN telling me what to do about this house. Hubby's male friends have been helpful and great in some ways, but IMO, it's the woman who really makes the decision of whether to buy or not, most of the time. Also, love our realtor to bits, no second thoughts. But he's a guy too. And his idea of staging and mine are quite different. Will leave this for another post if I have the strength for it.

Oh man, this process is so brutal, and we haven't even begun to deal w/buyers yet.

Had a good LC day. Dang though, this mojo up and down sucks. Like doing your first day on plan over and over again. Or maybe your first 3 or 4 days on plan.

I had gone so far beyond that in these least 5 years. And then, I met the mountain that humbled me, which was a combination of much in this last year.

SIGH. I still try to have good LC days, and I DO. It's just that I was used to it as a lifestyle, and that has been a struggle lately.

But, this too shall pass. We WILL meet our challenges and get out of this house. Then we'll have a new place where we can't find anything and it will take a while to settle in.

We'll see when I hit the LC thing hard again. Tried to just a week or so ago, really thought I had the mojo and I was on my way again.

But no. I have come to understand that for right now, the universe has a job for us, which is to deal with the ENDLESS work of getting out of here. It is physical, and emotional and it goes on from sun up to sunset.

No time to cook---even hubby the cook doesn't want to cook. He's exhausted. And I certainly don't want to do even the simplest things to whip up something LC. Although I still do, but y'know, it's a couple days on, and then off because of circumstance.

That might sound like an excuse, and maybe it is for those stronger than me. But my dance card is so freaking full I'm dizzy, and I'm not going to blame myself one iota if I can't keep up with LC the way I did for, count 'em, 5 freaking years.

I also HATE the result of letting go a bit, even if I feel I can't keep up right now. Yuck. Midriff is all puffed out. HATE IT.

Will find my way back again to a steady LC regiment. It is the most satisfied and happy I've ever felt with food, that excludes most carbs.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Aug-16-18 at 18:47.
  #126   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-18, 20:53

BF:

OMG TRIG- NOW A RACCON!!!!!! serious?????? time to come home!!!!! - I can just picture COJO- here doggie doggie doggie-- around turns the killer coon doggie!!!! This will be the story you will be telling your grands kids. You know THOSE stories when everyone is sitting at the table at the holidays and the funny one come up..... So fast forward 20 years- you and the kiddo and her Kids are all at the the table and you lean over the her spouse and say - OMG remember when we took that trip from hell........ And so the story begins!!!!!! Ot course the coon will get bigger each passing year- the buffet will have burned to the ground, and the dead man floating will make a story for the crime stoppers show.

Yea........ like that!!!!!!!!! Did you find the kiddo any clothes for school? Has she NOT started school yet???????- school is in full swing here!

BLUE- I am so glad you have settled on a workable solution! Good job! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!
I need you to send me your address!!!!!! You have a table runner coming your way.
I have the most confidence that you WILL find your way back to the WOE you have come to know and love. When you are less stressed and you have the energy. Just be careful and do the best you can.

NIC- your dress is just beautiful!!!!! I can see you in it. I love the design. I know you will just "bloom" and flow with grace in it!!! Prettiest Mother of the Bride!!!!! I wore navy too!!!! Great color for Mother of bride! I just can't believe how close you are to this wedding!!!!!!!!! WOWSA!!!!!!

LORI- You are doing so great!!!!! Plus you got the "thinner feeling going on!!!!" - you are rocking this girlfriend!!!! When do you go to your sisters to help with her surgery???
How did the golf game go?!?!?!?
-------------------------------------------------------
So the date...... I feel like such a.....petty superficial person. He was polite, engaging, and very sweet. however he was missing his top 3 front teeth, an the bottoms ones were crack off in half and his entire mouth was a funky shade of "green?????" I was so grossed out by this I can't get past it. Most care and teeth are sorta important to me. Now what I didn't say was PERFECT teeth. I can get past crooked- but NASTY, missing, have crack, and genreral grunge grossed me out. thank god he was a gentlemen and didn't try to kiss me goodnight because I would have ducked.

I know that dental care IS expensive. I got some due myself!!!!! a few thousand in a couple crowns actually. But I HAVE TEETH..... I was sorta wondering when I met him at the store. He kept covering is mouth with his hand and I was looking but couldn't quite tell.
But after he had a glass of wine he laughs full outing I about fell out of my seat.........NEXT..... CALL ME PETTY. Can't get past it.

Now the boss- I am again so angry I am spitting nails. We had a state meeting today- she told everyone YESTERDAY that lunch was provided. then today I was walking by her office. she calls me in. Asks if I am ready to present. Yes I say.... On my way out she does the OH BY THE WAY SHIT.......Yes? Oh she says- tell the office staff lunch is only for the nurse practioners . WHAT? Look I say- the moral is in the toleit- you told them yesterday they could have lunch now the day of you the it away???? That is not going to go over well I tell her. She goes into LION mode (anyone say bipolar) tells me to just GO TELL STAFF and slams her door. So I did.

I stood in the middle of the hall and announced that M has decided office staff will not be included in the lunch. OMG- you should have heard them......ARE you serious?????? So we were all in the meeting- it is now 1245- WE office staff is ask to leave so the nurse practioners can have their lunch. Nobody brought there lunch so they all had to go out to get something.

So I was walking to my desk when M says "WHERE IS EVERY ONE? - they went to get lunch I say. She then says YOU LET THEM all got at the same time??????- YES I say- they have miss their lunch time and they are hungry. She screams- YOU ARE NOT DOING YOUR JOB- and slams the door in my face. .............

Ok If I can kick that bitch over the ledge I will . I am DONE. I spent some time looking for another job this afternoon. Now what- her boss is on vacay. I think that gave her some I can act out-
SHOULD I GO BACK TO HR or wait until her boss is back? HELP HERE?????? HR or Wait?
Maybe a detailed emailed to her boss and HR? Only to her boss?
See the thing is- I know at this point I will not get promoted- because I and turned my boss( the unwritten rule) . My goal is to get school paid for and get the f out.

I didn't see anything I could transfer to.

I did great on my WOE- and took a walk. busy busy busy weekend. And I am tired. I just can't do this stress.

SIGHHHHHH I am really sorry to once again suck up the work crap. but I am there almost 9 hours outta my day- then factor in drive time- it is my life right now. sorry- I don't have a hubby to vent to. I will get better -I get it- I don't want to write it or read it- OMG though what do I do?
  #127   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 03:20

BF:

Good Morning!

Quiet night here....thank goodness! Cat did get me up at 4:15, but no winged creatures to contend with.

Oh Jaz....your date....ugh. Do you think he'll call you to go out again? There's only so much ducking a girl can do...Yikes! Dental work is expensive, but come on...missing, cracked and green? OMG.

As for your work situation, I have no answers. Besides needing the $$ to live, you have that school tuition to consider. I think the best you can do is document all her tirades and have it to present in the event that she tries to pin anything on you. What a mess.

You asked about my sister's surgery. She has her procedure a week from yesterday(23rd). I am going down on Sept. 9 for that week. Her daughter and granddaughter will be with her for the first week and then she wants a week alone to just rest and then I will come down when she's hopefully feeling like getting out a bit, but still is restricted from driving. She has a dentist appt the week I'm going and she didn't want to cancel it, so I said I'd come that week to take her. She has been having a bit of a rougher time since her trip to Florida with her daughter & family. She feels intense pressure most of the time and has to sit with her feet up quite a bit. I just want this over for her.

Blue...it sounds like just doing the main room floors is a great idea. I guess the reason realtors want everything perfect is that their commission is higher the more they can get for a property. Like you, I remember when people would buy a "fixer-upper" and do the remodeling to suit their taste. Expecting everything to be perfect is a bit over the top IMO.

I dread the time when we inherit DH's cousin's huge home. Renovations and getting it ready to sell will cost $$$. I don't know how we'll handle it.....gives me shivers to even think about it. We will need lots of help & advice.....dreading the whole mess. I want to sell it "as is" and run!

Nic....what's happening this weekend? Any pre-wedding functions, meetings, etc.? I know there are a thousand details, but somehow they always fall together to make a perfect day. Having that gorgeous dress ready for you has to ease your mind. One detail sorted!

Trig...have you headed home? I don't know what else could happen to you on this trip! You mentioned possibly finding a place in Pennsylvania to camp? Yes, yes, yes!! You have to know that if you are in my state, I'm tracking you down! Keep me posted!

As for me today....I'm feeling a bit beat up from yesterday's golf outing. So hot and slogging around a wet golf course was very tiring. I "should" go to the gym and/or go for a run, but it seems unlikely at this point. I have some errands to run and that's going to be it. I'm playing golf tomorrow and Sunday, so I'll be getting some exercise. I did so well with my fasting this week, but the scale is not cooperating. Trying not to be bummed out as I like what I'm seeing in the mirror. Stupid number on the scale!

Out for now.....it's Friday!!
  #128   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 04:19

BF:

Good Morning!

I am tired this morning- I love my Fridays though!!!!!!

Lori- so you are going at a perfect time to see your sister. She SHOULD be feeling better by then. Are you as over this hot and stormy weather like I am?

TRIG- yup you should be packing up to head home! I am READY FOR YOUR TRIP TO BE OVER!!!!!!! Man on man!!!!!!!

BLUE/ NIC- Hope you both have a GREAT DAY!!!!!! See above post! Oh NIC- yup I am a YOUNG 52! I had my kids when I was 22/23- My mom had me young- so she is only 72. I can potentially see my great grandchild as well! WOW- did I just write GREAT GRANDCHILDEN????

Yes I too am bummed over Aretha Franklin's death- the end of an era. However she isn't the only one!!! It seems the last few years has not been good for the music world! It does seem like people I grew up listening too are dropping like flies!!!!

And the millennial generation will be the next group up to rule the world- quite frankly that is a scary thought! But then again doesn't every generation say that? I sorta fell though the crack with my generation. We didn't do much. I am ALMOST a baby boomer - but I am not. So I guess that call us Generation Y- I think. Anyway, we are a quite bunch respectively.

I had a awesome eating day yesterday. I think due to REASONABLE portions. I know that is a hard thing for me.

Sorry for the long work rant yesterday- I will really try to watch that. feel free to skip over those. I just have never had a door literally shut in my face. - Can you imagine how she treats her family???????

Hummmmmmm- food for today? Oh..... I have 2 hand made Japaleno and cheddar sausage links and stuffed mushrooms. Yup- can anyone sat SALT retention!!!!! Hummmmmm I might rethink that. I just lost that water weight- hummmm. I like that "thinner" feeling too!

I will figure it out. Maybe I will wonder over to TJ at lunch time. Love that store! You know I made that Salmon a few days ago- I never ate it- now it is dried out sitting in my fridge- gross. I can't do reheated 3 day old fish. Want something fresh!!!!!

Ok- off to serve the man- 8 hours!
  #129   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 06:01

BF:

Nicco, very pretty dress! I also see it fitting you and being a compliment to you. Love the design and it would also be a comfy dress to wear. Not a dress gal here but I could wear that also all day and feel good happy you got such a nice one!

Blue, woof --you still got a lot on your plate! I do hope you are finding some kind of chillax time in there for you!!
Yea, a house, SOME things need fixing, others do not. at some point ya gotta stop the madness, stick the damn thing on the market and go from there if someone wants your home, that area, fall in love with it etc, they are gonna buy! A woman DOES buy the home point blank if ya ask me HAHA The woman IS NOT seeing ALL the to do list, she also knows she ain't gonna be doing it either so she can buy and have the hubby deal with it and money means not a lot when one falls in love with a home LOL

Lori forget that scale you are liking how ya look, kinda got that thinner feeling so you are in a good zone for sure. The weather is super hot and tough here also, it saps strength out of you. take a no exercise day, relax, chill, nap away the day...do for you and don't do hardly anything if ya don't want some days have to be that way.

Jaz, yea dental is important. cracked and green, can't go there either. Plus if it was ONLY that you would MAKE him hit the dentist LOL but you don't have a connection with the guy anyway so don't worry on that one, you guys tried, didn't work, onto the next

I wouldn't do HR on that one. You can't run to HR all the time. Then you become the pain in the azz and you don't want focus ON you, you want it on her for something BIG that goes down. Bite down hard, grin and bear it a bit, see where it all goes and do your time til you can run fast and hard from that place.

hey all
leave tomorrow
will pack this evening to have it all set to hit the road fast in the morning
will hit beach, sit relax and swim a bit
kinda over this trip and rare I am ready to come home but I am

Barb called. She takes care of my house when gone, feeds Lollipop and watches pool for me. My neighbor Daryll died. 66. His brother came to give him his meds he picked up and he was in the house dead. A few days...no ac...in this heat....omg I can not imagine. She told me don't freak out when I get home if a lot of cars are parked along my pasture line cause they are doing service Sat and then back to the house and a bunch of cars parked....nice for her to call so I know what is going down. good guy. sad.

no horror stories last night but there is a friggin' cricket in the camper.
yea.
it chirps. I can't find it. I figure let it die in the darn camper and one day it will not chrip. shoot me now please HAHA

great day all
  #130   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 07:21

BF:

Hugs to you all mourning the passing of Aretha Franklin. I obviously knew of her and her big hits, but other than that, not so much. I'm more of the Prince, Michael Jackson generation.. and sadly our guys are already dead.

LOL over your bat story, Blue! I guess I didn't realize how bats like to hide in clothing!

I completely and totally agree with your assessment of what you guys need to do vs not. People who want a completely turn key house should not be looking at older, historical houses. Or else they should be very handy!

And yes, my friend, this too will pass and your mojo will back in a big way. I think when you start your new beginnings it will trickle down to many areas of your life!

Jaz- Okay, yeah, that would be a no-go for me too. Just, no. Absolutely not.

As for your boss, I agree with Trig to not say anything. And was it Lori who said to just write stuff down? Do that. But I would just make a note of it, steer as clear as you can and keep going.

Isn't Ava having her first birthday soon? Are you going to go over and celebrate?

Lori- I wish your sister the best on her upcoming surgery. Make sure and remind us the night before. Enjoy your quieter day today before tomorrow gets crazy with golf!

Trig- Yeah, I'd guess that I'd ready to come back from that vacation you guys had also! It's time to get the chicks in to roost for back to school time anyway. I am eager to get my guy back and organized for the upcoming year. He has a math packet to finish and one more book to read, plus XC stuff has already kicked off in his absence.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor, BTW. How sad to die alone and no one even knows.

••••••••

Things are fine here, moving along in a good groove with the WOE which is a switch, isn't it? I'll ride the train as long as I can!

Still going to the chiropractor and feeling some relief in my neck and back, which is great.

Don't think I told you guys- we did order a mattress and it should be coming in 2-3 weeks. I think I made a good choice. I hope so!

We are letting Bella out of the diaper during the day now and so far she is doing all right. No accidents. Keeping a close eye on her though.

Finished my library book and wouldn't you know it but another one has come in. Another hard copy. This one is more essay-like though so easier to pick up and put down. I've also got a THICK hardback called The Indian Cooking Course that I am looking forward to flipping through. I wasted some time yesterday on Youtube and such but sometimes you just gotta have a day like that!

I need to mow the lawn. Today or tomorrow.

Food today:

coffee,hwc, st/er
Lunch- leftover roadkill or bacon and something
Dinner- Hmm not sure yet. Maybe some sous vide pork chops?
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 18:04

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Jaz---Agree w/the other gals. Document and be specific---LOL, keep your own Cruella diary, but don't report this to her boss or HR. Really agree w/Trig when she said you don't want the focus on you, or to make them question why you're there again.

I know, that stinks, I mean what the heck is HR for right? But my experience is they respond better to less reports, but when you do go, you come in loaded for bear with documentation you have taken time to catalogue. And the way this is going, that may yet be in your future. Because this woman is off her rocker, and unfortunately, HR is in denial, and so is her boss. But being a whistle blower isn't easy and IMO, must be done very carefully.

Get yourself a mental picture you can pull out when she does this stuff. Like for instance, imagine a bell jar coming down around you. She cannot effect you because you are under your shield, LOL. I know it sounds silly, but visualization has helped me many times in the past. And that's an interesting discussion, another one we can have in Charleston!

Nic---So glad you're on the LC train without pain right now. The wedding is a good motivator. Not just what you look like, as all eyes are always on the bride, but what you FEEL LIKE.

W/all the talk about scales and muffin tops and not liking how we look when we put on some pounds, it's easy to forget how crappy we FEEL after too many carbs. BOYO, that has really come home to me lately. And you want to have that slimmer, lighter, energetic feeling in your beautiful dress. Even a week or two of staying on plan, and you really do feel so different, in a good way.

Lori---Glad you're going to get to your sister's when you want to, no job obstacle anymore. I still think how dumb they were not to negotiate with you and try to keep you, but the retail Borg Mind these days sees employees as cogs in their machine.

I will be curious to see if you decide to go after a different part time job. One in a smaller place where the circumstances could be quite different. Big box stores are the worst.

Trigger---So you're making your way home from your "Chevy Chase" summer vacation. Had to smile when you said for once, you were ready to go home. I bet it will feel pretty good to get back to your peaceful place.

Sad story about your neighbor. So considerate of Barb to warn you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got some good news/bad news from former big client today. They fired the marketing director who got rid of my contract and many others' jobs. YAY karma. Bad news is it looks like the gig I'm still doing for them is going away. Really bummed me out, but I knew it was probably only a matter of time everything considered. But as always, I was hoping, not now. Still have project I've been working on, so that will be done and I can bill for it. They will be hiring a new marketing director and everything that was will change again. Plus, they are moving and losing the studio all together, and that's the thing that's really going to kill it. Still, ya never know...but it isn't looking good.

I don't think I've EVER been this exhausted in my life. Like I mean I'm tired when I wake up! Tomorrow we have some folks coming over to help us do a myriad of jobs. So thankful for the help, but it will be another sun up to sun down day of sheer labor.

But y'know, this all has a time limit on it. Now that we've set the date to put the house on the market---Sept 17, I feel so much better. Our realtor is telling us that might be too ambitious, but we're telling him what's done will be done, and what's not done isn't getting done. We are prioritizing as best we can, and of course, there's things we have to do, inspector stuff etc.

But after that gals, it's a wish and a prayer. We have a lot hanging in the balance and I hope for all our many efforts we are graced with good enough for us, good enough for buyer, and that it happens in a timely fashion. I just cannot think about what might happen if we hit November without an offer, so I won't.

LOL, yeah, that visualization thing. Bringing bell jar down over me. It's Friday night and I simply can't take any more worries. So, off to watch TV w/the hubs for the first time in days and days. And if I can't focus on that, I'll read. Want to be asleep on the earlier side today, to face huge day tomorrow.
  #132   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 05:28

BF:

fast one

packing up now

hit road around 9

will login tomorrow and chat up
  #133   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 05:31

BF:

Good Morning!
YES TODAY IS AVA's Birthday- and YES I am heading to Greenville

TRIG- Boy have you had a vacay- only to home to a neighbor that passed away?!?!? Wow enough already. I am glad you are coming home. When does the kiddo start school? What grade will she be in 9th right?
Crickets can drive ya crazy when ya can't find them. Yes I have had one or two in the house. Tried to find them- then they stop the noise.

BLUE- I love that you have drawn your line in the sand. What gets done gets done- and anything else- let it go!!!!!! You know there is an end in sight and there is an end to this madness. I can't wait for you to hit your NEW home and RELAX!!!!! It's going to take a minute- but then you will find your new normal. Just think- the holidays will be in your NEW HOME!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!
I LOVE the idea of visualization of a "dome" over me. LOVE it.

NIC- I know you are a bucket of energy!!!! Your baby girl is getting married! I just love a great wedding!!!!!!!! Your dress is beautiful. What shoes are you going to wear with that? So can you take a COMFY pair of saddle for afterwards? That is what we did. High heels for the DD actual wedding- then we all took off the heels and put on flip flops!
Of course we will want pics!!!!!

Lori- Back to back golf tourney, hope you have some good weather. Good luck on your game! I was thinking you would be first poster!!!! HAHAHAHAH- You are an early bird like me! Yup- I do the fasting too!
-------------------------------------------------------------
So I did happen to glance at the number of view we are getting before logging. Do you ever wonder why the lurkers are here? We are a lively group I will give you that!
Yup- On way to celebrate baby AVA and her milestones!!! My mom, her husband, and my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins will be there as well! We got a room at Olive Garden - I will eat salad and call it a day. From there We will drive back and go to dinner for my mom- her birthday! Then tomorrow is mine!

I love Blue- idea of a protective shield- at work. I agree- to run to HR with every out burst I would be there EVERYDAY!!!! HA

Last night was a beautiful night to take a walk. It was a little less humid. Met a few neighbors- which is nice. Remember when people used to sit on the FRONT porch and everyone knew everyone? Now everyone has traded the front porch for decks in the back yard and BBQ grills!

I put in my requests for time off through the end of the year. I have alot of time to take- and I don't want to lose it. So I have littered the next few months with a day here and there. I want to take a 4 day weekend for Labor Day with NO PLANS!
I am also taking a week off for Christmas. That will be great. I am thinking that the DS- will come sometime during that time. We haven't hammered out time frames yet. I get 4 days off for Thanksgiving.
Can you believe we are thinking about that? I am at any rate! You know the holidays will be here before ya know it. Another year down! Time does fly!!!

Ok- Got to get a couple things done before my day of travels. Have a wonderful day everyone!
  #134   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 06:33

BF:

Good Morning!

Happy Birthday to dear Ava & Jaz's Mom! It is going to be a busy day for you, but a wonderful celebration. Hard to believe Ava is a year old already! Enjoy your day Jaz....and drive carefully! No more speeding tickets!

Trig....hope your trip home is uneventful. So sorry about your neighbor...I can't imagine finding someone after a few days....a nightmare for sure.

Blue...sorry your work life is in upheaval again. At least you have a bit of a pay day coming from the work you've been doing lately. I know you're having a busy, busy day today. So good to have friends to help you, but sun up to sundown will be a LONG day.

Nic...what kind of mattress did you end up ordering? Hope you love it! DH is wanting to mow grass too, but the rain will not stop! As soon as it dries off a bit, we have another downpour! So sick of this weather!

My friend and I decided not to try to play golf today as we had rain last night and the course has never had a chance to dry out. Plus, more rain and storms at any time today. We have a tournament tomorrow and the weather is supposed to be ok, but the course will still be a swampy mess. I sure am not getting my $$$ worth out of my golf membership this year.

I stayed within my eating window yesterday, but let's not talk about what I ate within that window. I will not weigh again until next Friday, but have no hope that the scale will budge. I'm not ready to give up, but it sure is discouraging. I think that's why I went off the rails yesterday. Thought I had had such a good week and then not to see any results. Discouraging to the max. Nothing to do but keep trying. Each day is a new chance to do what I need to do.

Later!
  #135   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 07:25

BF:

Blue- Yay Karma indeed! I'm confused- are you getting paid for what you have done on what is going away? I couldn't tell between that and the other project you mentioned that you can still bill for- or maybe they are one and the same? I would hate it if just evaporates with no pay.

Hugs hugs and more hugs to you. I know the stress is enormous on the upcoming Sept 17 date and all that has to be done. One day at a time, the best you can do is the best you can do. MORE HUGS!

Trig, safe travels to you and yours. Hoping for light traffic for you!

Jaz- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LITTLE TOUGH GIRL AVA!! Can't wait to see pix of the celebration. She is a special kiddo for sure and our little mascot!

Re: Olive Garden- here's a link for ideas: https://www.travelinglowcarb.com/29...b-olive-garden/

You can definitely do it and enjoy your food beyond just a salad!

Glad you are taking so much time off in the coming months although I'm sure Cruella will blow a gasket!

Lori, sorry the weather isn't cooperating much for golf. I would definitely take what we have compared to the wildfires raging out in the West and Canada. They have been really hit hard. Hopefully you can play tomorrow.

Hugs to the scale struggle. We have all been there and it is a crappy place to be. Very demoralizing I know.

••••••••••

Puttering along today. Didn't eat what I had planned yesterday although I stayed on plan.

Yesterday:
coffee hwc st/er
brunch: 3 bacon, 1 cup stevia sweetened yogurt/sour cream combo, rebel ice cream
dinner: crab legs with butter

Today I am going to pull a couple of ribeye steaks for dinner, along with some green beans.

Lazy day planned for today, I think. Got the lawn mowed yesterday in anticipation on coming rain. The humidity was so high that I was absolutely soaked with sweat. Stripped down completely in the laundry room and straight up the stairs to a cold shower. My always-red face was practically purple for about 45 minutes after I mowed!

DS16 comes home today! YAY!! He has been gone too much this summer. I miss his face, especially when it is smiling. He will start XC practice Monday (3:15-5) and takes his driving test on Tuesday. We'll see how he does. I also need to get him in for an eye exam. He has a book to read and a Trig packet to do as well.

DS19 is back at college for a few days and having a few minor health woes. I believe he just has too much time to think as no one else is really around. He's just doing freshman-orientation stuff so his upperclassmen friends aren't there. He has a buddy coming to spend the night with him tonight.

DD23 is hanging in there. I think the stress level is rising, as it would be, but she also seems to be doing okay.

Dh is fine and we enjoyed going out to eat last night.

That's it from here.
Closed Thread