Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Mar-01-12, 12:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 176/160/150 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress:

Interesting thread. Good to know I'm not alone.

Last edited by hayha81 : Thu, Mar-01-12 at 12:37.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Mar-03-12, 17:56

Plan: will follow LC
Stats: 305/305/155 Female 5' 5"
BF:unhealthy
Progress: 0%

I agree, and it's something I've been struggling with on and off for a long while.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-12, 18:46

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 247/229/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 16%

I started eating paleo a month ago with no problems what so ever. A week ago I started cooking with coconut oil. For the past few days I have had an upset stomach and have been feeling crummy all the time and very tired.

Is the coconut oil causing yeast die off?

How long will this last?
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-12, 12:08
Registered Member

Plan: McCombs Plan
Stats: 150/135/150 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annan
I started eating paleo a month ago with no problems what so ever. A week ago I started cooking with coconut oil. For the past few days I have had an upset stomach and have been feeling crummy all the time and very tired.

Is the coconut oil causing yeast die off?

How long will this last?

You could have a food intollerance or mild allergy to coconuts or coconut oil. Substitute another oil like canola or olive oil and see if you feel better.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-13, 10:46

Plan: makers diet
Stats: 155/140/155 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress:
Default candida

This thread is very old but I am hoping that someone will respond.

I am a male and I woke up early one morning in March around 3am with the worst stomach/intestine pain ever and a very fast heartbeat. I drank a huge glass of water and it eventually went away. I went to the Dr's and got 3 different blood tests. All my tests came back normal, except my hemogloblin was a bit high. White blood count was normal as well as sodium, potassium, glucose, creatinine and all of that was normal. I also had an STD test, thinking maybe that was it, all came back negative. I have been doing the candida diet for 2 months and I have lost 12lbs, which is too much for me, I weigh 140 now. My stomach is not as bad now but my biggest concern is the brain fog/tension feeling in my head. It comes and goes and it can be very uncomfortable but not a painful uncomfortable. One day I'm fine then the next day it just creeps up. Has anyone experienced this with candida die-off...the brain/head feelings along with fast heartbeat? It's a scary feeling and I just want to feel better. Any advice would be much appreciated! It's just hard when nobody else understands.

I need more calories too so if anyone has some advice for that I would be appreciative. I used to get 3000 cal but now with this no sugar, bread, grains, carbs etc... I'm getting 1000 cal a day.

Blessings,
Knox
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-13, 08:40

Plan: 20% Carb
Stats: 180/135/135 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi, Knox! I suggest starting a new thread so that more people will see your post and be able to help.

You're right that 1000 calories is dangerously low, especially with you being underweight. Is the problem that you can't think of foods to eat or that you're not physically hungry? It would also help if you post menus for your typical meals over the course of the day so that we get an idea of how much carbs/protein/fat you're getting and where you might need more calories.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-13, 11:43

Plan: No specific plan
Stats: 185.0/171.8/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Knox. Same question. Are you not finding enough variety or are you just not hungry?

I think it depends on what protocol you're following. A lot say you can't have any grains but the one I've followed just says I can't have glutenous grains. I've had a lot of luck using gluten-free flours to make homemade tortillas that I can stuff with veggies. I also use yogurt to make seasoned sauces with herbs that are diet-friendly. I look for little ways to eat more calories.

None of the protocols really want you to eat so few calories. That's not healthy. We have to find ways to help you add more calories to your diet, for sure. Diet off can make you feel fuzzy and a bit toxic, but not eating enough can as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
This thread is very old but I am hoping that someone will respond.

I am a male and I woke up early one morning in March around 3am with the worst stomach/intestine pain ever and a very fast heartbeat. I drank a huge glass of water and it eventually went away. I went to the Dr's and got 3 different blood tests. All my tests came back normal, except my hemogloblin was a bit high. White blood count was normal as well as sodium, potassium, glucose, creatinine and all of that was normal. I also had an STD test, thinking maybe that was it, all came back negative. I have been doing the candida diet for 2 months and I have lost 12lbs, which is too much for me, I weigh 140 now. My stomach is not as bad now but my biggest concern is the brain fog/tension feeling in my head. It comes and goes and it can be very uncomfortable but not a painful uncomfortable. One day I'm fine then the next day it just creeps up. Has anyone experienced this with candida die-off...the brain/head feelings along with fast heartbeat? It's a scary feeling and I just want to feel better. Any advice would be much appreciated! It's just hard when nobody else understands.

I need more calories too so if anyone has some advice for that I would be appreciative. I used to get 3000 cal but now with this no sugar, bread, grains, carbs etc... I'm getting 1000 cal a day.

Blessings,
Knox
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-13, 21:11

BF:
Progress:

Thank you Katfish and Tamara for responding. Sometimes my stomach doesn't want to eat but I eat. I am hungry and past couple of days have gotten little better.

This is my usual day of eating for the past month and a half.
2-3 eggs - 200cal
ezekiel tortilla - 130cal
yogurt - 120

steam veggies - 75cal
one type of meat(fish,chk,beef) - around 275-300cal

steam veggies - 75cal
one type of meat(fish,chk,beef) - around 275-300cal

I try to get couple of tablespoons a almond butter too so that adds 200 cal.

Just this week I started to add more greens and also found out that extra virgin oil oil has quite a bit of calories. I've been adding avocados as well. So I'm upping my calories as best as I can. It's so hard because I used to eat cereal, oatmeal, pastas, rice, lots of carbs... and now my carbs are below 100.

Any advice on how to get my carbs up a bit and high calories foods that I could handle on the anti-candida diet would be greatly appreciated.

BTW on Sunday I was so tired of just eating greens and meats that I ate a banana and had some brown rice. I felt great afterwards and then later that night and the whole next day I had brainfog pretty bad.
Did either of you deal with the horrible brainfog/tension like headaches?
Hope this all made sense.
thank you!
Knox
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-13, 14:53

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/182/140 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress:

Is Coconut oil useful, it's supposed to have antimicrobial/viral properties?
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-13, 12:37

BF:
Progress:

Hey Sarahnya coconut oil is said to be useful for fighting candida. I've heard taking 3-4 tablespoons a day could help. You may want to look further into that though.

I took a candida test and found out I did not have it. My symptoms may have been from a very low carb diet and pretty much no sugars, so my brain was not getting enough energy and therefore making me feel crazy and head numb. I slowly started adding some low glycemic carbs back in my diet and that has helped a bit. I still get rapid heart beat in the mornings so today I'm going to the doctor to see if my glucose levels are okay. And this could all be from anxiety. Hoping that it's not hypoglycemia and that adding some healthy carbs back in diet will reverse these effects.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-13, 12:08
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 185/185/125 Female 4'10in.
BF:[url=http://www.my
Progress: 0%

marking my spot