Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-11, 04:35

Plan: just low carb high protei
Stats: 462/204/190 Male 6ft 2
BF:
Progress:
Default Weight bouncing near or on goal ?

Hi folks Quick question
I am near or below my ideal weight according to bmi. The excess skin I have puts me between 14 to 30 lbs extra. So my weight just now is 14 St 12 and 14 - 30 lbs of that is skin and not fat. My question is that because I am really between 11 St 12 and 13 St 12 will my body be willing to give up more weight. The reason I ask is that my weight bounces from maybe 14 St 8 lbs to 14 St 12 lbs. A gain or loss of 4 lbs. Happened a few times since getting to this target Should this be normal ? Should I worry ??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 08:40
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_gould
Hi folks Quick question
I am near or below my ideal weight according to bmi. The excess skin I have puts me between 14 to 30 lbs extra. So my weight just now is 14 St 12 and 14 - 30 lbs of that is skin and not fat. My question is that because I am really between 11 St 12 and 13 St 12 will my body be willing to give up more weight. The reason I ask is that my weight bounces from maybe 14 St 8 lbs to 14 St 12 lbs. A gain or loss of 4 lbs. Happened a few times since getting to this target Should this be normal ? Should I worry ??

+ or - 4 lbs is pretty much where most of us live with our weight in maintenance.
In your other post here, you said that you went back to induction....have you gone into the higher rungs of the carb ladder yet?
Many find that raising carb levels helps with losing and maintaining.

I think that you'll find a better answer to your question from others who've lost as much as you and have had skin removal surgery. I imagine that you would find these people on forums that cater to people who have had or are having plastic surgery for skin removal. I'll try to find one for you.

Congrats on your very successful weight loss!!
I wish you continued success with maintenance and skin removal surgery!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 08:58

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
+ or - 4 lbs is pretty much where most of us live with our weight in maintenance.
In your other post here, you said that you went back to induction....have you gone into the higher rungs of the carb ladder yet?
Many find that raising carb levels helps with losing and maintaining.

I think that you'll find a better answer to your question from others who've lost as much as you and have had skin removal surgery. I imagine that you would find these people on forums that cater to people who have had or are having plastic surgery for skin removal. I'll try to find one for you.

Congrats on your very successful weight loss!!
I wish you continued success with maintenance and skin removal surgery!

hey thanks for taking the time to look -
no i am still eating about under 3 g of carbs a day - you think i should come out of induction and go back onto eating carbs and see if that helps? it could be that . because even from when i first started the diet i have never ate more than 5 G of carbs a day - and that has been the whole time. you think i should increase it? Thanks very much with the help in trying to find people who are LCing and also had surgery -

Thanks all in for everything . very good help

David x
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 09:01
Attitude is a Choice

When you say "eating carbs"...I mean that you should be eating induction carbs...not bread and other bad food....just good induction veggies first.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 09:03

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
When you say "eating carbs"...I mean that you should be eating induction carbs...not bread and other bad food....just good induction veggies first.

no i dont touch bread and such like stuff. never have since i started. the only carbs i get are from foods that have small amounts such as creams - mayo
green tea - and such like - if i am being totally honest i am not even touching veg or fruit just now. just all meat and cheese and stuff -

Last edited by the_gould : Tue, Jun-28-11 at 09:10.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 09:04
Attitude is a Choice

Check this out:
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/pro...eight_loss.html
You can google this yourself to see the many links out there on this subject.
Yes, I do think that its time for you to start to eat some very low carb veggies.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 09:12

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Check this out:
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/pro...eight_loss.html
You can google this yourself to see the many links out there on this subject.
Yes, I do think that its time for you to start to eat some very low carb veggies.

cool as i am not eating any just now i will start off small. before i went back into induction just to see if it would help with this last 10 lbs - i was eating fruit like Avocados and low carb dark greens .
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 09:22

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
cool as i am not eating any just now i will start off small. before i went back into induction just to see if it would help with this last 10 lbs - i was eating fruit like Avocados and low carb dark greens .

Should i be doing the Maintaining stage just now in your opinion or should i continue to OWL until after the operation?
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 09:27
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:

IMO, you should not be seeking weight loss at this point in time with a lot of excess skin still on your body. After you have the surgery, you will see loss.

Yes, do eat greens, avocadoes....even some tomato! Its summer and they are so good now.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 09:30

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
IMO, you should not be seeking weight loss at this point in time with a lot of excess skin still on your body. After you have the surgery, you will see loss.

Yes, do eat greens, avocadoes....even some tomato! Its summer and they are so good now.

thanks that has cleared that up - my friends tell me too that i have lost enough. even the Dr said that i would have to starve myself just now to loose any extra weight. do you recon that with the extra carbs i start eating from veg that the "weight bounce" would level off and if i keep my carbs low enough with exercise that i will may still loose weight until i go into maint ?? i am very happy where i am just now and as you say i will see a untold amount of loss with the operation
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 11:38
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
thanks that has cleared that up - my friends tell me too that i have lost enough. even the Dr said that i would have to starve myself just now to loose any extra weight. do you recon that with the extra carbs i start eating from veg that the "weight bounce" would level off and if i keep my carbs low enough with exercise that i will may still loose weight until i go into maint ?? i am very happy where i am just now and as you say i will see a untold amount of loss with the operation

Truth is, I have no idea why your weight is bouncing, only you can know as you know what and how much you're eating.
But what I can share with you is that your doctor is right.
You need to find a way to eat for the rest of your life at this point in your journey. Primal/Paleo? Maybe that is a good approach for you now.

I will also tell you that when I first got to my goal weight after losing weight for almost 2 years, I realized that I got such good feelings from seeing weight loss all the time that I felt addicted to it. KWIM?
At some point, we need to see this and force a shift in thinking to find good feelings else where. No longer from seeing weight loss.

For me right now after maintaining for almost 6 yrs, I am finding doing consistent Pilates is giving me changes in the way my body looks, and feels, but not any changes in my weight.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 11:42

BF:
Progress:
Smile

Quote:
Truth is, I have no idea why your weight is bouncing, only you can know as you know what and how much you're eating.
But what I can share with you is that your doctor is right.
You need to find a way to eat for the rest of your life at this point in your journey. Primal/Paleo? Maybe that is a good approach for you now.

I will also tell you that when I first got to my goal weight after losing weight for almost 2 years, I realized that I got such good feelings from seeing weight loss all the time that I felt addicted to it. KWIM?
At some point, we need to see this and force a shift in thinking to find good feelings else where. No longer from seeing weight loss.

For me right now after maintaining for almost 6 yrs, I am finding doing consistent Pilates is giving me changes in the way my body looks, and feels, but not any changes in my weight.

i know spot on what you mean. and i am starting to realise i am there - i am at my goal - i just dont think it some times as all i can see is this skin . this little bit of weight that stops me being in my ideal weight range. there are some days i walk past and look in the reflection in a mirror or window when i think WOW ! ! when did i get to that. things i didnt notice about my body - but as you say i need to switch from looser to maintainer -

" Primal/Paleo? Maybe that is a good approach for you now. " What is that . forgive my ignorance

** EDIT ** the only thing i can think of about weight bounce is that its a daily flux. you know our bodies can +- 5 lbs a day - because i have not changed eating habbit - but as of tonight started veg. had some red cabbage with dinner. it was amazing . forgot what veg tasted like

thank s again
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 11:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279.2/234/140 Female 5'2''
BF:decreasing
Progress: 32%

Veggies are good for you and if you look around this site, you'll find that folks started losing their last stubborn lbs when they added them into their diet-only lc veggies though. I agree with the fact that you may not have any lbs left to lose. Hard to know, but you've already been so successful. Great job! Start accepting the new you and love you. If the surgery is an option, that's great. I know in my case, everything seems to be going south with the weight loss. Oh well, somethings are worth it. Best wishes!

Donna
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 11:57

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnahill8
Veggies are good for you and if you look around this site, you'll find that folks started losing their last stubborn lbs when they added them into their diet-only lc veggies though. I agree with the fact that you may not have any lbs left to lose. Hard to know, but you've already been so successful. Great job! Start accepting the new you and love you. If the surgery is an option, that's great. I know in my case, everything seems to be going south with the weight loss. Oh well, somethings are worth it. Best wishes!

Donna

hey donnahill8

is that true that they are loosing the last lbs after they started back with the low carb veggies? thats sounds good - i just started back tonight . why is your loss going south?
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 12:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279.2/234/140 Female 5'2''
BF:decreasing
Progress: 32%

Yes it's true. Check out Freckles journal.

My skin is going south, not my loss. (That mean sagging.) So I will have to deal with the droopies also, like you're doing with the skin issue.

Also, I always heard high protein, no veggies was not a health choice for your kidneys. Add the low carb veggies. Gives you variety also.

Donna