Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 17:04

Plan: modified LC carb cycling
Stats: 182/148/125 Female 5"6
BF:
Progress: 60%

Have missed an entire week of workouts

We went camping for the thanksgiving weekend, did some hiking, then spent 2 days in one of the rural communities

today of a zoo around here. I'm feeling stressed about it

No power in the house for 36 hours, it finally came back on. A big windstorm kicked it out

Tomorrow I get back to the workouts

I've decided to bag my heavy BFL routine so I can see some results on the scale. After 6 weeks of little progress I'm wanting to try something new

Maggie
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 19:27
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

What compound workouts?
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 19:42
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Quote:
Hi Red

Can you explain to me how you do the carb cycling?

I'm not seeing the progress I want and it's either try this or Fat Flush, and man how I hate Fat Flush, even tho it works!

It seems like several of you have seen good results doing the cycling. I'd like to see ANY results...

Thanks Red and thanks for the Thanksgiving note!

Maggie
Hey Maggie! Glad you and your family had a great thanksgiving.

Sorry to hear you're frustrated with BFL. I think it worked for me when I did it but I just only reached the 10 weeks and then went away from Xmas and then never finished. Are you sure you don't want to ride out the next 6 weeks? Apparently people see good results from week 10 on if I remember correctly. Wanda did it and got great results and some other people on here.

The carb cycling is basically eating more carbs on days when you weight train and then obviously less carbs on the days when you are doing just cardio.

Check out Built's first couple of entries in her log when she explains carb cycling. I know she is doing something different now but she was doing carb cycling as well. Also, check out the cycling thread in the CKD Forum.

Let me know what you think.

I don't know much about the Flush plan. It sounds very restricting though.

Let me know what you decide.

red

Last edited by red1cutie : Thu, Oct-14-04 at 20:02.
  #94   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 10:23
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Maggie:

What kinds of workouts are you looking to do?

As Red says, I did the complete challenge and saw a loss of only 3 lbs, but had good results with body composition changes. I didn't see anything until about week 10. I was getting so frustrated, I wanted to quit. But other people told me to hang in so I did. One thing that happened was that I switched from a traditional MC/LF BFL to a lower carb BFL later on in my challenge. I think the changeup really helped. I'm learning that the body responds to constant changes in exercise and diet. Never let it catch on to what you're doing!

Anyway, I can upload my before and afters if you want. I didn't have a lot to lose, mostly weight I'd gained from my high estrogen levels - and I'm not built like, well Built.... but they may help you if you want to see them.

Not to push you into continuing BFL or anything b/c ultimately you have to be happy with your workouts - you're doing them, no one else.

Quote:
Did you see your doctor? If so, what happened? I'm curious....
Yes, I saw him yesterday. We decided to go the thyroid replacement route given my symptoms and lab results. I'm on 30mg natural thyroid, twice daily (but I'm taking half the dosage for now to ease into it). So I'll see how this goes for now and make changes if need be. My doctor says he hasn't had a lot of success treating Wilson's, so that's on hold for now. But I am hoping this hypoT is only transient. LOL, how's that for wishful thinking!

I'll be really happy if I can lose this weight, have more energy and hold a complex thought for 10 minutes.

Thanks Maggie!

Wanda
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 23:02

Plan: modified LC carb cycling
Stats: 182/148/125 Female 5"6
BF:
Progress: 60%

Haven't been here for a while

Have switched from BFL to carb cycling, now doing lighter weights, high reps to prepare for the ski season

Haven't weighed in a while. Last time I did, right before Canadian Thanksgiving I discovered I haven't lost anything since Sept 20. I was pissed.

Still going but feeling a bit discouraged, hanging in there. I'm sure I did lose a few lbs with the weight lifting, but I really needed the reinforcement on the scale.

I'm going to try and be extra 'good' this week. It's my first real week of carb cycling, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Will post results at weeks end....

Maggie