Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#976   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-22, 04:40

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Monday Morning!

Nic- What are color catchers? I guess I will look it up! Amazon will know! I only own TWO white items: Lab jacket, and a hand wash only shirt. Basically my stuff get all tossed in together anyway. I am not that picky and my clothes are not high end and I like one load. I also am lucky to get crap folded same day. The exception are bedsheets. I do take those and they right back on the bed.

Oh boy on the apt! What do you mean they were ASKED if they wanted it then didn't get it? Sounds like someone was working them for $$. I am fingers crossed and hopeful something will come through for them.

I am glad to hear you and DOGGIES are headed back to DE. I just am so tickled about that house! You are living the life GF!

Speaking of GF- how did your party go? You are the social animal of all of us I think! You grab friends and hang on and have networks everywhere. That is a talent. Sometimes it is a push to get me out. I like it when I do, but sometimes it takes effort!

Now come on! You know that the buff 25 year old stud giving you a massage was.. how to say this........not attracted to the ladies! Most male masseuse are that way. Sort of like hair dressers. Not to say they all are, but most are. It just goes with the industry. I would such mush rather to have male hand anyway it comes than female. They are stronger and get out the kinks!

Love the idea of helping out with the graduation party and leaving. I am not big on those either. They are an obligation thing.

Lori- Most likely we are cross posting! I know you are in here somewhere sipping your coffee like I am typing away!

We got afternoon storms slated for all week! We are now in a new "pattern". We have not had rain for a minute so I guess we are due.

Are you getting a new box soon? Sis is coming Thurs?

Trig- Hey did you get your swim in???? I know you have got to be breathing relief that MIL is being taken care of and not on you!
Now you can go back to your stuff and one less thing to deal with.

What is kiddo doing with her summer? Were you able to reschedule that camp ground?
Maybe explore some areas up the east coast? Some of those beaches are pristine! Did you say you have been to the outer banks?
I was looking at rentals for myself there! WHOOT $$$$$$ - no thanks!
Anyway, looks like we have endless summer this year!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday was a great day all around.
Went to pool with my neighbor and the "ladies". After that I came back here and scooped up the pup and we went to a park and I was able for a short time take him off his leash so he could run a bit.

I then went to DSW to get a really decent pair of walking shoes. I have already flattened my Vionics, they did not hold up. They hurt my feet already after 4 months. So I thought I was going to get Birkenstocks, but I read the reviews about them and foot issues. Not the best.
I ended up getting 2 pair of Arch Fit from Sketchers. The ones with the arch support and "yoga" mat bottom. OMG they feel amazing right now. I got an indoor and an outdoor pair. I am funny about shoes in the house!
I also ordered an arch copper band from Amazon for 10 bucks. It got stellar reviews. It slips on like a sock but only covers the arch. It is supposed to give support even if you aren't wearing shoes.
I noticed a very SMALL improvement in my step getting out of bed this morning. I also have reordered my Turmeric too.
I just dread hobbling like an 80 something.

I am down that other 1/2 pound! New low again today! One pound at a time. You know even if I just lost 1 pound a week going forward, I would be 52 pounds down by this time next year! You know when you put it that way nothing to sneeze at! I would be at goal and it would ROCK my WORLD!

So I am sitting on that line between another number.
Had steak bits and mushrooms in butter yesterday! Dang it was good too! I only had one meal yesterday.
I am finding that now I get up so frekin early and running around I do tend to be starving about 1. So I will take in some of MY bacon and maybe a hard boiled egg. That snack will hold me till I get home and have a steak, or meat balls or something like that.

Ok that is all from this side of the map!
Rock on kids!
Sponsored Links
  #977   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-22, 06:30

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I'm like a bear with a sore a$$ today. Had a rough night with interrupted sleep and it sure has made me grouchy this morning. No golf as it's raining, plus we have the meeting at Betty's with Social Services at 10 o'clock. I'm not sure what good it will do. We mainly want to find out what is available thru her insurance as far as home health aides, equipment etc. Even if it's not covered by her insurance, if there is something we can get to help with her mobility, we'll do it. She's been doing ok for the past week, but she is so, so frail. I don't know how much longer we can go on like this.....we don't want something bad to happen...a fall etc. She really should be in a facility, but she would shrivel up and die. It weighs heavily on our minds constantly.

I'm doing some laundry and after the meeting I'll go to the grocery store and grab a few things. I'm not getting a RealEats box this week since DSis is coming on Thursday and we'll be going out for the most part. I'm enjoying the food and DH likes some of it, though he is not a fan of some of the sauces etc. I, on the other hand, love the sauces! I'll get a 4 meal box next week and then just get one every once in a while for something different. I'm just so sick of planning meals and making sure I have "stuff" here to make. Bah!

--------------

Jaz......So happy that you had a nice day yesterday. Pool time and a Ruger run.....fun! Hope you have a good work week.

Nic......You had a fun weekend! Safe travels to DE. Sorry about the apt situation for DS. That would be so disappointing when you thought it was a sure thing. I hope the magic happens soon for DD.

Trig....Did you get some pool floaty time this weekend? It sounds like MIL is right where she needs to be. Take it a day at a time.

---------------

The scale was down 2 lbs this morning, so I'm feeling a bit better. I hated seeing that number for the past 2 days. Jaz.....I'm drinking the lemon water several times a day.....thanks for the tip!

Well, my washer is chiming. Hope you all have a good Monday!

EDITED: Meeting with social services postponed until next Wednesday. All fine as there is nothing urgent at the moment. So.....I'm left to just be grouchy here by myself today! Probably for the best.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Jun-27-22 at 07:22.
  #978   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-22, 07:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- I just love you! Coming in clutch with another one of your "Lori-isms"- "I'm like a bear with a sore a$$ today." GIRL I was LOLing! Love that.

Sorry about the mood though. You know, I bet Betty's condition really does weigh on the two of you. I feel for you both.

Yay for the two off - you can thank me for that! I torpedoed my goal for the week in two days. lol Yay for Sis coming soon!

Jaz- I might look into those Skechers. I think there is probably an outlet around here for that. They sound pretty comfy!

GOOD ON YOU for your new low yet again. You are really inspiring. I mean, you clearly aren't inspiring ME at the moment, but still! lol

Your yesterday sounds good! Fun mix of activities.

Hey Trig- Hope you are just taking things a bit at a time and that life is letting you do that and easing off the gas.

•••••••••••••

Tired girl, back to her happy place today on the DE back porch.. Literally just this second watched a heron fly by. HAPPY!

I ended up leaving the house at 3 AM and driving over. I was tossing and turning after my social weekend plus being a total dumbass and binging on sugar and giving myself a stomach ache. (I know. I KNOW!!!) So I just packed up the fridge and the car and the dogs and drove over. Bonus of course is traffic free! Got here as the sun was peeking around 5:30 AM, unpack and pottied the dogs then took an hour and a half nap. Got up and fed them, and now it is coffee time!

Storms expected later today but it is unexpectedly nice right now so I *might* go the beach for a bit. As DS20 would have said as a kid "Mayhaps!" I may just do porch sitting today though. We'll see. It's nice out but when the breeze blows it is a touch cool and you know the beach is always much windier!

Yeah, I think DS23 misread the guy about the apartment. He doesn't really know how NYC works (not like I do either) as far as the rental market goes. I think they should use a broker to help them. It will cost them some money but ease his worry tremendously.

DS20 has a show in Ocean City on Wednesday so if I can bring myself to do it, I'd like to go! I will literally probably be the only non-20 year old there and I expect it is all standing and also very loud. NOT my favorite!

So anyway, new day today, regrouping and moving on! Hugs!
  #979   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-22, 09:33

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

wow on the posts, but damn I love them all

WE GALS are in a new phase. Don't bother my azz with the damn red tape and the BS hoops we have to jump thru but darn if we don't all get slammed with them.

Lori, I SO FEEL ya on it. That fence of making that 'real call' decision and my mom being like 93 and we were starting to make the change into nursing care and she didn't make it, as I believe this is gonna go down for Betty but one person never worries, Betty, but you and your DH are beside yourself knowing further real care is required yet.....that yet is the worse!!!!!!!!!

Plus you are seeing retirement time as you and DH's time but it ain't and I am also seeing that big time with me and hubby and it can 'set a mood' on us like there is no tomorrow but good thing is, we bounce out of it when we can so you hang in there my friend!!

Plus with Betty in a care facility you can finalize the house sale with that Dr. and finish that off and get'er done and that money pays for Betty's care, AND when ya think about it, IS THE best way forward truly but ya got that 'yet' again..........omg I so get it.

Nicco your love and escape to your DE paradise is just wonderful to read. While 'the young'ins' are dealing with life you are like, nah, been there done that, time for me to go watch a heron

but yea NYC and all that is hard thru competition and a broker would be a smart move. I get that and DS should do just that.
Money kinda well spend actually when ya gotta do it that way.

Jaz you are doing so well and dropping the lbs and YOU ARE YOU know and on a roll. I love reading those posts!!! When it clicks it clicks and it has for you.

Another gal in our bunch..........who am I and where am I going and what is the best way to do it but it sounds like with work and that great apt. and you feeling comfy you found a good fit for now and that is fab. Settling in well thru the crazy to get there LOL

-------I am whatever.
Lost 2 lbs but I feel massive bloaty and got some gut issues and feel so off and so ick yet I finally said, I must face the scale cause I swore I feel up 5-8 lbs easily but I lost but have zero feeling of losing anything? hmm...whatever is my answer to all of it right now

just doing. me and hubby chatting what ifs and this and that and kid bored out of her damn mind and I said, SEE I TOLD you to do early drive stuff and she is like, I am going to be a city life person and I don't need to drive etc. (yea stupid azz kid thinking) and now she is like....wish I can drive and I am like...yea we are going hell bent on your driving point blank. OMG just shoot me thru this conversation thru the time on the years ya know UGH don't get me started!

got tuna which I am loving for some darn reason
bought some turkey and gravy' frozen food crap I am wanting and it shows some carbs thru the gravy which I know has cornstarch etc in it but I don't care....I wanted it and NO steak.
no steak.....my eating is wild and weird and big time off but if I lost 2 lbs., what the hell in my thinking at this point?

I give life right now a BIG MIDDLE FINGER UP attitude.

ok that is me...moving on
  #980   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-22, 16:14

BF:

hubby heading to ER. he told me to stay home, no telling what is doing but the usual oxygen drop and she is feeling faint, sickly etc. So off he goes to hospital and will call me later.

we just don't know where this all will pan out and I am sure he is just fretting but he wanted to go and said don't bother to come cause he 'knows the ER drill' and said just stay home on this one.

ok. I got some blankets in the dryer for her and washed up her robe and more that MIL wanted from home so I am handling that so we can get it up to her tomorrow, but will she even need this stuff tomorrow?

wait and see....just what our lives are right now. wait and see.

edited to say she has pneumonia and a UTI and they got her on meds and she seems like it is helping faster so that is good. will know more today later.

Last edited by Whirrlly : Tue, Jun-28-22 at 04:00.
  #981   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-22, 05:00

BF:

Omg and OMG on all these posts! Yup Trig you are right about one thing, life seems to want to kick our AZZ right now but we are saying NO! We will handle what comes our way and deal and move on!

Trig- urghhhh and urghhhhh but as I just wrote, MIL is in a great place and you will deal and move on too. As we all are! Ebb and Flow as Blue used to say. That is a true statement.
We learn to swim with the current!

I was so happy to read that even though you might feel a bit bloaty scales say no issues. It is water weight and will drop off. Up your water! We all need a good flush now and again!

BTW your post was so thoughtfully written! I really enjoyed reading it!

Lori- I know Betty has gone from, you helping out a bit, to daily, to drama. But Trig is right in that thought all of this Betty is not worried about a dang thing. In the end she already know that what is going to happen will in the right time. She is cool with it all. I know that you two (you and hubby) have picked up that worry and are now providing alot of care. Betty will adjust to whatever to two decide.
At 96 she has had alot of time at home and she knows she is not safe.
You know another option is Hospice care for her. Before you toss that idea to the curb, just know that people can and do live a long time on Hospice. Their services are wonderful. They do provide a ton of options and services and care. Maybe just a conversation with someone who works in one to see what is offered. Betty could then stay home, get that hospital bed and have people come out to help. She knows she needs to make a choice, so give her one. As is doesn't cut it, she knows that too. I wish I was there to help!!!!!!!!! It is up my alley.
Folks just don't know what to do and I feel for you- more than you know. But you are a very strong woman and brave and doing what you can- that truly is good enough!

I am hoping you can set aside some worry and just hang out with sis and WHOOP it up for a few days!!!!!!

Nic- I agree that sitting on your porch and watching a Heron is MARVLOUS! You my friend are in an awesome spot! Your happy place! I love it! If you feel like it hit the beach, if you don't then don't. It is a place where worry is left outside the door.
I feel that way about my beloved St. Simon. Once I cross that Bridge and hit the water way on the other side I always say to myself- WELCOME HOME! I might have temp. left but I carry it with me always. You will come to feel that way too if you aren't already! You are "home". It feels nice I tell ya!

Ahhh yes on the WOE! New day! Don't look back, just start from where you are and go! You got this girl!!!!!

Keep us posted on the apt hunt.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday was a crap hole day at work. Yes I really like my coworkers, but they are all looking to move on (actively job hunting). So basically, at the end of the day I ask myself do I like this job= NO and NO.
Do I love the $$- ummmm oh yeah. Two co-workers called out as Covid is now going around the unit again! Urghhhh So OVER IT!

But more than just that piece I want the ability to work from anywhere. That was my goal and still is. I love my apt and will call this home for at least another year. But I would like the ability to spend some more beach time (still working) and travel while working. I just want the WFH gig that pays well. I will find it.

My friend is coming back to St. Simon for 3 months in the end of winter. I would love to get an Airbnb and rent one for a month too! I could work by day and play by night and on the beach in-between! I now have a home base to come back to so all good!

I think it's the work life balance. I am living to work- not good. I was exhausted yesterday and in bed by 9. I come home, feed the dog, feed me, walk the dog, meal prep for next day clean up and hit the bed. That is not working for me. I rebel as we all knew I would. I am a free spirit that is not well contained by walls, cubicles, and timelines and bosses that have a power trip. Not my JAM!

Anyway- I will get there. One step at a time.

I bought a travel mug in St. Simon- it is very pretty. It has sea turtles and shells on it. It also has this saying which I love and will share:

ADVICE FROM A SEA TURTLE
Swim with the current
Be a good navigator
Stay calm under pressure
Be well traveled
Think long term, but live in the moment
Age gracefully
Spend time at the beach

Well said Sea Turtle!
  #982   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-22, 05:12

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm happy to provide some comic relief once in awhile here! You just never know what will come out of my mouth.

I got a little nap yesterday afternoon and after that I was feeling much better. The bear was back in hibernation!

Heading to the golf course in a couple hours. I've already been to the laundromat with some of Betty's stuff and will run back and get it and hang it on the line out back. Full sun today, so it'll dry in no time. It is only going to be in the 70's today, so not too hot. Heat and humidity coming back by Thursday and beyond for the weekend.

-----------

Trig.....I'm glad MIL is on meds that will hopefully clear up any infections and get her more stable. Does she seem to be accepting of the nursing facility? You and DH have so much piled on you this Spring/Summer. You'll get out from under it, though I know it seems like you won't.

Nic......Prime time to drive to DE! I would do that every time. No traffic and you get there to have a nice morning on your porch.....heaven!

Jaz.......Hope your Monday went well. Is it still so terribly hot down there?

------------

Well, just about time to run back to the "mat" and pick up Betty's robe and bring it home to hang out. It only takes me a couple minutes to get there and back.

Tomorrow I'll be home cleaning and getting ready for DSis to come on Thursday. I need to wash some windows and scrub the front porch etc. Sis loves the front porch, so I want to make sure it's nice and clean for her. She loves the swing and will spend hours out there.

Gotta fly!
  #983   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-22, 18:58

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

Good day. Hung out on the back porch, got some very cool photographs of a blue heron fishing with my long-lens Nikon, finished getting rehearsal dinner invitations addressed (some needed changes), did three dog walks, two bike rides, and went to the beach for two hours. So all around a good, balanced day.

So apparently an NYC broker is way more expensive than I had imagined. Not really a feasible option, especially with them likely only there a year or two. Fingers crossed they find something. In the meantime, they are just going to have to embrace the suck.

My Dad- he went to the neurologist. They put him on a new medication for his seizures and he is also now on an antidepressant. Hopefully between the two of those he will feel better. He and my SM gave me dates to fly to TX so SM can go and see a community in Dallas for them. I bought a plane ticket, and then she calls and they can't do it that weekend. ARGH! So I have been texting back and forth all day with my two stepsisters to try to get them to land on a date so I can change the flight. I have one change available and so I need them to all decide before I make a change. For the first time in ages I had to PAY for a Southwest flight. We used all our points for the Hawaii flight and for C and E to fly to Mexico for their honeymoon, as well as for my Mom and Gene's flight to MD. I paid their tickets in points and they are going to pay me back for that though, so I guess it all works out in the end.

•••••••••••

Trig- interesting perspective and likely true, that the person who probably isn't worrying all that much is Betty! Never thought about it like that.

Down two pounds! Go you! And yeah, a little frozen stuff here and there won't hurt you any.

Sorry about the MIL and pneumonia and UTI. I tell ya, man, getting older is seeming scarier by the day! I hope she continues to show improvement. I know UTIs can cause older folks to seem really off.

Jaz- I didn't realize hospice could be a longer term thing. I always thought it was for when things were expected to be turning south fairly imminently.

LOVE that mug that you shared.

You know, maybe renting a month in St Simon in the winter would scratch that itch. But, as you know, you gotta find the right WFH job first. Meanwhile this one can pay the bills! No job is gonna be perfect too, no matter what.

Lori- you are so sweet, how you are getting your porch and home ready for your Sister. So very nice! And taking care of Betty too. You are the sweetest!
  #984   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-22, 04:19

BF:

Up at the butt crack of not even daylight yet! My alarm goes off at 530, but I was up at 430 to "tinkle", and never really fell back to sleep.
But now here I sit with my first cup of coffee and dang is it nectar from above! I also splurged and got my FAV Peppermint mocha. No carbs, sans the tiny bit of coconut Non sweetened splash of "milk" for taste. I also add a scoop of collagen to my first cup and that is that for a bit.

Nic- I would love to see one of your pics of the Heron you took! That would be so cool to have that framed you know. There is a place on line you can send pics and they put them on canvas. I have some stunning St. Simon pic's, including one of a crane in the water I have thought about doing. Bringing the beach inside!
Ouch on the apt broker! So what are they doing? Looking themselves? Where does one look for an apt in Manhattan? Apt finders? I dunno? Maybe? Word of mouth maybe? Gosh.........

I am so happy for where you are right now! It sounds magical!

Oh boy on those plane tickets! Add that to all the cancelled flights I am hearing about these days! What is happening to our airlines?!?!?!? Sure hope you can get that worked out!

Lori
- Ya you do crack me up sometimes! Like you would ever have a mean bone in your body! NOT!!!

Hey If, I was your sis I would be parked on that front porch swing too! I have asked why you don't use it more! It sounds so relaxing to have a porch swing! Oh yeah!
Well, I know you two will have a great time. Is she driving over to see you? I wasn't sure if she is still driving. How far is it?
What do you have planned for night one?

Trig-
- Did they send MIL back to the nursing Center? I am glad they were able to tell what was wrong and get her on ABX.
She might need to drink more too! Elderly people are VERY prone to UTI's. Partly because of age, and location of it, second they just don't drink enough to flush out bad bacteria. Water water water.

So are you chillin this week? Yeah that bloat will also flush away!
---------------------------------------------------------
I am really dealing with my left foot. I can hardly put weight on my heel without screaming. I think it is getting a bit better then boom more pain.
It takes MONTHS for this to resolve and really there is nothing that will make it better except to chop it off or wait. I am deciding. LOLOLOL Such is life I guess. I have stopped going barefoot. I can't handle that. The shoes help a TINY bit. But HURTS!

Now on to other stuff. Just cruising though my life right now. Taking day by day! I am too tired at the end of the day to even open my laptop. I noticed yesterday I got home and basically too pup for a walk and got cozy in my chair and then went to bed! Real party animal I am these days. Between hobbling to the bathroom and falling asleep at 9 ................. I am a real catch!

So I am up 1.5 pounds I think in water bloat, and inflammation.
I feel a bit bloaty.

I did however eat something I really just HAD TO HAVE yesterday.
Drummmmmm rollllllll........... I don't know why I just had to have a Bacon, ham, and cheese omelet with hot sauce on top. I just had to. I was walking into the cafeteria with my coworker so she could get cereal, when I saw this guy eating a ham and cheese omelet.
I was like MAN does that look amazing. I just had to get one too! But mine had EXTRA HAM AND DOUBLE BACON! Hello Sodium welcome to my body! Yea....invite cheese along for a dose of inflammation and we got a party inside! Hense the pound up.

Well today is a FLUSH day. No bacon today, no cheese, no ham. Lemon water all day long! I want that pound off and it can take a friend with it.

WAITING FOR THE WEEKEND! LIVING FOR TH WEEKENDS NOW! I feel a Bruce Springsteen song coming on. You know that is right.

Ok folks that is a wrap for now! Have an awesome day

Edited
PS: Hospice can be a long term thing. I had a guy who was on it for 2 years and then he just got better and dumped the program. They do recerts every 6 months. IF you have a qualifying diagnosis and it is one that get progressive you can get Hospice. COPD, HF, Dementia, Failure to thrive, CA, there is a long list. It is not hard to get on hospice. There services are great and the people who can work there are really compassionate. Just FYI.
  #985   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-22, 04:29

BF:

Jazz I like your turtle advice.

why spend a year in your new digs? is there a reason you are doing that?
I mighta missed why you are hanging in that area, I mean, if you quit this job for whatever reason after a while, wouldn't you move back to the beach area again and say done deal? brain fog still when I read posts LOL so not sure what you were saying on that one.

Lori, please come scrub my windows
I sure do love a porch swing also! I get why your Sis would love hanging out and swinging and relaxing. glad you will be having fun with your Sis soon.

yea thankfully MIL is very accepting of going into a facility and that is 99% of the battle on this type of crap but right now she is SO weak. super duper weak so at this point, she can't really be a pain in the azz about her living issues right now cause she knows without constant help for her on that 24/7 care level she ain't gonna make it. She is one who sees her way forward with her declining medical situations and it is having a facility and people to help constantly so that truly is a good thing for us with her being ok with it all.

Nicco.........love it and you know I am coining this one! EMBRACE THE SUCK! omgosh that is a good one!

your day sounds great!

yea Nicco the oldies don't worry. they speak their mind as they want it, then just let the day happen as it does. it is as if they pass a line in the sand where they let all the bullsh** go and I know my mom has said a million times when older, nothing bothers her at all. Their minds also let them forget things quick too so they might comment on something and then a few minutes later it is like it never happened LOL might not be a bad mindset if ya think about, live worry free....older they get the more they fall into that category I think. But all that responsibility starts to fall on the family in some way and we worry the hell out of it and go gray while they just sit back and say, whatever

I would be tearing my hair out on that plane ticket stuff I am a fast set person and if someone says come this day, boom tickets scored and like you if they called and said no I would be fuming HA 1 more change so make it the good one ugh, feel for ya! Sure hope you Dad gets more even on new meds. that would be ideal!

a community for them is a good idea if it comes along with 'some help' or something? just a community of old people doesn't mean any help comes if required but is this more of a controlled environment pay like HOA for help community? I have no idea but I am guessing all this LOL

---------------hubby to ER. I am home washing clothes he brought me for MIL and again he said don't bother coming, he is doing one of those 'bedside meetings' with Dr and nurses at 7am so off he went early.

got the rains around. temps dropped. no good sun. pool seems damn cold to me not sure what I will do this morning....don't really care ya know...just bee-bopping along thru the day still in that 'embrace the suck' of it all kinda thing.

chicken and tuna today. got no food draw really. don't care on food either but for some reason I got a rum drink on my mind for later, hmmm,

be good all
  #986   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-22, 05:30

BF:

Good Morning!

Just waiting for my motivation to kick in so I can start scrubbing. I have a layer of pollen to scrub off the porch deck and need to take a scrub brush to the swing and other furniture. Oh....windows too. I don't mind doing windows, but I drive myself crazy in that when I'm done, it drives me nuts if there is even one streak. I'm not content with good enough when it comes to windows.

I also have to go pick up my new glasses today. Yay! I hope they are right and I don't have to have them adjusted too much. They are my old frames, so they should fit perfectly. We'll see.

-----------

Jaz......Yes, DSis is driving here. It'll take 2.5 - 3 hours. I really hate to see her drive all this way, but she doesn't mind it.....though it is a long ride. She's used to driving just around her area carting her granddaughter around etc. I'm sorry your PF is so bad. I suffered over a year with it about 8 years ago. It was during my heavy boot camp days and I was stubborn and wouldn't take a break. I would go to work after boot camp and roll my foot over a frozen water bottle. I think the thing that helped me the most was wearing a brace at night that kept my foot flexed. Bare feet are a no-no. Also totally flat sandals or shoes were bad. Crocs and Fitflops were my friends.

Nic.....OMG....I would have flipped at the change in dates after you purchased your tix. Hope it all works out.

Trig.....Glad MIL is ok with the nursing facility. Nothing worse than having to force the issue.

----------

Well, a bit of breakfast and another cup of coffee and I have to get moving. DH is taking Betty to an eye Dr. appt this afternoon. Getting her in and out of the vehicle is the hardest part. He has a friend helping him around Noon when he picks her up and then he'll call me when he's on his way home with her and I'll go help him get her back to her bed. Fingers crossed that she has some strength today.

Later!
  #987   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-22, 16:45

BF:

Back! Served "the man". Today was tough and I am not even going there. Left work baggage at my doorstep.

In my soft soft soft night shirt with a tad of lace around the edges. Nothing "sexy" about it- a sleep shirt with lace on the hemline. Cute though.

Having my lite wine, dinner done, Ruger fed, and thinking about hitting the laundry button- MEH, no. Yeah that was fast. NOPE.

Got these PF "sleeves" on and it really seemed to help a little today with the foot pain. OMG LORI! A YEAR?!?!?!??!?! I know it take a good few months or more!

Have fun with sis tomorrow! Are you going out after she gets there? You ever take her to the brewery?

Trig- I am so glad your CHOP stepped up and is dealing with MIL. I am also glad she knows that where she is, is best for her! Trust me they know!
Weather here this week has SUCKED!

How is the WOE going? Reset/ reboot? Did you need to? I think we all need a reboot here and there ya know?!?!?

Hey NIC!
--------------------------------------------------------
Feel like I lost that bit of bloat from yesterday. Pretty light eating today and 100%. TOOK MY OWN FOOD in!
A very small container of left over steak and smaller container I mean SMALL of LC sloppy Joe.

So my office mate said to me........ we talk about food and stuff. She is about 300?!?!?!? give or take. Anyway- I am so careful to not say crap about her food EVER! But she is all about MINE. She said, "How do you eat like that and be so fit?" She sees me eating that ham and bacon omelet, hamburger, sloppy joe, bacon daily, steak. REAL DEAL FOOD

Dam I could have hugged her right there! But I did share I am 44 down and 35 to go. Over half way there to goal, it is my journey. Very very very non threatening. Anyway, she said could you help me?

I told her to start reading labels and watch her carbs and eat real food . I talked about bread, pasta, sugar, and pastries. (She eats about 4-6 donuts a day sometimes, or ceral. Actually, it is 100% dense carbs she lives on). I say nothing and I frankly don't care. I love her. But she asked so I kept it so frekin simple. You do not go from eating jelly donuts and a 6 pack of coke daily to carnivore. It is baby steps. She needs to know what is a carb. She is not a nurse. She is not medical- she really does not have a clue. My unit also has SW - FYI.
Anyway I said start reading labels and stay under 60. Start there.

She goes you don't eat any. I really don't. But I assured her to start there and start small but she will see a big difference. Honestly, I don't think she is ready. That is ok too. We all have to get there when we are ready.

I am choosing to work a bit on the 4th. My boss is off now through next Thurs. I am so happy about it I could dance. I am not sure I am going to be there when she gets back. It really was that rough. One day at a time.

Any who.......... Pup sleeping at my feet, and I am at peace with my world.

Oh.... So to answer your question Trig about this apt and job and travel. So I do need a "home" base. I want to be able to travel in a WFH/ or hybrid long weekends. I love my apt and signed a year lease and want to stay as my "home". But I also want to rent airbnb. So I can come and go. I feel home here and got it all unpacked and feel so happy about my space! So I am here for at least a year! I am OK about it!

Housing right now is SO tight so I am keeping what I got close to me and not leaving for a good minute! So there is that!

Going to prop up feet and relax! I am listening to a storm as it is moving away. Need to load a few dishes into washer and call it done!

That is about it! Finding some gratitude where I can find it. It does help!

Ok ladies- have a great evening!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Jun-29-22 at 16:53.
  #988   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-22, 04:59

BF:

Here I am again! This time sucking down coffee!!!!

I got up at 5. I go to bed to early and get up to early. Even on the weekends I get up to early. My bedroom gets alot of morning sun that peeks in the widow and the light wakes me up. I need to go to Walmart and get that light masking window covering I had in my last place. It was GREAT- always dark in there.

Working on coffee and thinking about my day. Boss is gone for a week and I could not be more happy. I have found out the last 4 nurses have just WALKED out the door before me.
There was a reason she lied to get me there. All of the staff is actively looking to walk too. Some though like my office mate are stuck as they are supporting their family and kids. Her boss is her best friend from collage. She is not going anywhere.
Enough of that.

I am pretty motivated to get another 10 off! I sorta feel I am at a pause in my drops. I gain back the 2 that came off with no good reason. So I am sitting in the bounce house while my body adjusts and hopefully keep going!

I am wondering at this point about some sort of work out. I can't do long walks right now with my foot. No bouncing due to knee....OMG I sound like the old lady! I might just try some floor exercises. I used to be limber! "Back in the day".......

Well- this cup is empty and I need to get a couple things done and hop in the shower to "present myself" to the man for 8 hours. Dang where did that expression come from. I am going to look it up!
HA

EDITED
"Working for the man" means working for a corporation or or otherwise large company lacking in independent spirit. Less specifically, it can mean working for some type of authority which was at one time ostensibly oppressive to said worker. WELL said! HAHAHAHA
  #989   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-22, 05:13

BF:

Good Morning!

Up and running this morning. I had a very productive day yesterday, front porch is clean and the swing is all ready for DSis. I did windows too. I only have a little while before I have to get ready for the golf course. I need to run the vacuum around quickly before I go. I'll get home around 1:30 and DSis will roll in around 2.

Tonight we're going to 3 Beards Brewery. It was recommended to me by a girl at the golf course. It's about 20 minutes away, but I had never heard of it. (I don't get out much!)

Sorry no time for personals.......out of my routine around here! Thinking of you all!
  #990   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-22, 06:55

BF:

Hey Nicco, what'ya doing?

Jazz, cool ya want to 'settle for a year' and just chill plus ya love your apt. that is a good thing and of course you can dump down to a rental at the beach any time you can fit it in....I like it. You do need a bit of a rest from moving and more

Sounds like you are in a good place tho with your eating but that work sounds annoying, but don't let 'that jade' ya just cause others want to run. You evaluate it all on your terms. What doesn't suit others might just suit you good, ya never know

Lori....cool you got your Sis coming at 2 and your Brewery restaurant sounds yummy. I bet they got alot of good stuff to eat on that menu! I love beer pub menus! setting yourselves up for a fun visit!

--------------I am swimming today, we got sun and I need some chillax alone time floating around or I am gonna go batty.

MIL is has 'failing issues' happening and all this doesn't seem good at all. they put her in ICU and talking dialysis again and she is so week with pneu. and some blood inflection and more that this is getting very spooky now. all we hear is wait and see if this or if that and ...ugh...I don't know.

brain fried over too much too fast kinda thing but hanging in there.

got pork chops, a ribeye and chicken for today when wanted.
eating is not a big key so just holding my own and just cruising best I can.

be good all