Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-01, 07:37
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 125/115/118120
BF:
Progress:

I agree with trainerdan.
You cannot spot reduce. Your body decides where the fat will come off. And the love handles are usually the last to go because that is where the bulk of the fat is kept.

Aerobics in any form ex: treadmill, stationary bike, Tae-Bo, Roller Blading etc....done for a minimum of 30-45 minutes for 5-6 days a week, first thing in the morning will guarantee you results.

-Clean up your diet. (you what's good and what's not!
-Try incorporating some weight exercise in there to burn even more! Though if you're going to lift I suggest you do your aeorobics after your weight session.

Good luck to you!

Susie
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-01, 19:10

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default doreen- can i borrow your cats??

Doreen-
I tried to get up this morning and turned off the alarm and rolled back over........that is about the 4th time I have done that in the past couple weeks. I am missing the AM cardio and feeling like a slob! Maybe I should invest in lazy cats?!?!?! Oh well, I am getting up tomorrow to workout with my sis and her husband before I leave for NY. It's so much easier when you work out with someone else!!!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-01, 11:18

Plan:
Stats: 180/158/135
BF:
Progress:
Default cardio workouts

Bill,
I started CARDIO kick boxing 1 year ago and have lost 27 lbs. Of course, the most improvement has been in my legs, but a good instructor also adds in an ab workout. There is a world of difference in instructors. Be sure you get one who is certified and can show you the proper way to kick and punch to keep you from hurting yourself and get the most from your workout. I also use the eliptical trainer at my gym, however, it doesn't have the moveable arms. After 10 miles, I usually head for the weight machines or the free weights to work upper body.
Good Luck!