Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-18, 06:13

Plan: Keto
Stats: 232.8/190/165 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Cool Ding Dong The Stall Is Dead

After being stalled for 2 months I have lost 11 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I have now lost 40 lbs. since June 1, and I am approaching the weight loss rate goal I was originally shooting for. I am now 27.2 lbs from my goal of 165 with a dream weight of 155 my HS weight. My dream weight may be unrealistic since I did lift a lot of weights when I was younger. I was becoming despondent, and even kicked by carbs up to 184 for one day. Oddly this seemed to helped me get going again. I am 71 so all of you younger people better not let an old man beat you.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-18, 06:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I ain't no spring chicken neither, and I'm tall, and I wasn't getting enough carbs or calories or water to thrive. I have begun to lose weight again and regain my energy and well-being by upping my carbs and calories and water intake into a good range for me. Sometimes shaking things up is what works best! It's a delicate balance of that, persistence and patience. Anyway, congratulations to you!

Last edited by barb712 : Fri, Oct-19-18 at 06:36.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-18, 08:25

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Good news. Being consistent by staying the course, fine tuning the foods consumed while staying consistent to the WOE, and much patience works. It's hard for people just getting started, as the myths and rumors of fat or weight "melting off" are a real distraction. Getting early signals that you feel better even without a corresponding response in weight is the first strong indicator. After the first 6 months to a year of being consistent and patient, things fall into place. When I think back to my thought process when I first became strict low carb, ketogenic, I was a completely different person, planning for those times when I didn't have access to healthy food because I was so used to eating much more frequently. Years later, the WOE I embrace is very easy and is successful in maintaining health. I'm consistent without even having to think about it. Today, I don't ever have to worry about not having access to good food, as I can easily go without without negative results.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-18, 10:26

BF:

This is my 3rd and last run at Keto - I will never Yo-Yo again. I had previously lost 90 and 66 lbs, but gained some of it back. I never had a stall before so this was frustrating. As I said I jumped off Keto for a couple days and then back on, and that seemed to help. I have no idea why.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-18, 17:27

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Maybe your body thought it was starving to death so it desperately held on to all it could, and with a carb load you proved it wrong. lol.

Congrats for sticking with the program and hurrah for the sudden drop!!

And thanks for the encouragement-- Im waiting for such a drop myself.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-21-18, 08:06

BF:

I am starting to get that 'thin' feeling so I believe my weight loss has kicked back into gear. The past week I averaged 795 calories, 49% fat, 3% carbs, and 45% protein. The calories are that low for a reason.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-21-18, 09:10

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

What a great feeling, huh? Good luck!!!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-18, 19:36
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Sometimes it helps to shake things up with more carbs?

I am pushing 70 and I found out whey protein helps since digestion is not optimal as you age and we need the amino acids to stay strong