Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-06, 02:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/155/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default NZ Newby

Hi there NZers. I live in Rotorua and have just started on Atkins after a long, long break. Since then I have tried just about every diet on the market. After finding this great forum, I decided to give it another try, as Atkins seemed to suit me, and was successful too - but I was put off by the bad publicity on fat issues.

Just finding my way around the site just now. Lots of things to do and read. I need to read the instructions and learn. I've really enjoyed reading your messages and have noted down some super recipes which I will definitely be trying.

i have just recently retired - well - semi-retired. It's really good to have more time on my hands. I have started walking every morning and am keen to get my fitness level back. Summer weather - at last - should help.

Cheers

Alice
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-17-06, 03:20

Stats: 245/189/145 Female 5"4
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hi Kiwi! Welcome to the forum!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-30-06, 22:54
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hansells WeightWatchers Jellies

Hi Muffles

Hope you are having a great time over the Christmas/New Year holiday. It is a very tempting time. I am trying to have "a little bit of regulated temptation" on both Christmas and New Years Day. The Christmas temptation was Chocolate Dessert Cake and Strawberries - also some potato salad - better not forget a glass of champagne!

I was wondering if you use Hansells WW jellies. Is it OK to have a whole jelly with cream every evening? I really look forward to something sweet and these help me to get through the day and resist other temptations.

Cheers

Rosiemay
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-30-06, 23:33

Stats: 245/189/145 Female 5"4
BF:
Progress: 56%

I used to use them a lot when I first started . THen i just lost the taste for it. As long as you keep an eye on how much cream you use and you keep losing weight , it should be fine.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-06, 13:37
Registered Member

BF:
Default Happy New Year

Happy New Year, Muffles! Thanks for your speedy reply. I think I have been getting a bit generous with the cream, expecially as I have been having it with coffee as well.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-07, 20:47
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

I know I'm on the other side of the bay but .. I can't help but join in. Welcome and Happy New Year Too!!!!!

e
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 13:16
Registered Member

BF:
Default Happy New Year

Happy New Year, Erika. Lovely sunny day here at last. Pleased to see that Aus is letting some of the good stuff flow on to us. I find it so much easier to keep on track when the temperature is kinder. Mind you, after coming over from Scotland I am the last person who should ever complain about the weather.
Best wishes
Alice