Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 20:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/200/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Thumbs up The Mouse's Activities

Decided to keep track of my activities here rather than having them in with my journal. Maybe I can keep track of progress better here.

Wed June 2:
Target Training video - Total Body Shape-Up & Maintenance
moved up from beginning level to intermediate level (and advanced on those things I could) also added in an extra leg exercise and "a few" crunches

Played kickball with the kids after school.

Long evening walk - between 3 and 4 miles. Kimball rode his bike and I pushed the other two in the stroller so kept up a brisk pace to keep up with Kimball.

Thursday June 3:
(Feeling sore today from moving up to intermediate yesterday)
Mowed back yard - 45 minutes
No other exercise to speak of aside from playing outside with the kids and walking up and down the block a few times with them.

I keep forgetting to wear my stepometer during my walks, but I did wear it while at the grocery store today and it registered 2500+ steps.

Last edited by anonyMouse : Fri, Jun-04-04 at 09:58.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 09:57

BF:

Friday June 4
Went for a morning walk with the kids, 45 minutes of brisk walking then I let the kids out of the stroller to get some exercise too. I plan to measure the distance with the car odometer sometime so I know how far I'm going. (The stepometer read 3500-something but I don't think it's very accurate because of some inconsistencies.)

After getting home I trimmed some low hanging branches from the trees out front. I have to mow this afternoon and am getting tired of having to duck to get under them.

Edited to add:
Mowed front yard: 45 minutes

Last edited by anonyMouse : Fri, Jun-04-04 at 21:27.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-04, 13:51

BF:

Saturday, June 5
Walk with kids, 40 minutes at my pace, then about 10 minutes at dd's 2yo pace.

Target Training video - Total Body Shape-Up & Maintenance [intermediate level (60-90 seconds) on all exercies except modified push-ups. only made that for about 20 seconds. I've never been able to do push-ups but am slowly improving.]
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 21:38

BF:

Sunday, June 6
Day off

Monday, June 7
25 minutes fast walking. It was very hot and humid (and windy) this morning so didn't walk for as long, but it felt like I was walking a bit faster than usual. I really pushed myself.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 13:46

BF:

Tuesday, June 8

Target Training video - Total Body Shape-Up & Maintenance I got a chance to fit the video in after I put the little ones down for naps and before the neighbor boys came over for the afternoon.

I decided to list all the exercises that are in this workout. I don't have much for weights, just some 1, 3, and 5 pound dumbbells. But this workout doesn't count reps, just do each exercise for a period of time from 30 seconds (beginners) to 2 minutes (advanced) so I just use a small weight and up the time when I can. I'm up to 60 seconds on each exercise, except for the modified pushups. ugh!
  • Modified squats
  • wide stance squats
  • lateral leg raises
  • dumbbell back row
  • chest crossover
  • modified pushups
  • shoulder presses
  • shoulder laterals
  • tricep extensions
  • bicep flexion
  • heel raises

That's all I've done so far today and it's hot outside so I probably won't get much other activity done. If it cools off this evening, perhaps we'll still get a walk in. I really want to keep up with the activity to hopefully keep seeing losses on the scale.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 10:25

BF:

Wednesday, June 9

Long walk with kids, trying to keep up with ds on his 2-wheeler (w/training wheels). Even jogged for a bit which is a challenge in itself with a regular double stroller and not a jogging stroller. And I'm sure if anyone was watching me jog they had a great laugh!

(that's all so far, but hope to get some mowing in this afternoon.)

Edit: 45 minutes mowing completed also

Last edited by anonyMouse : Wed, Jun-09-04 at 19:57.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-04, 21:22

BF:

Thursday, June 10

Target Training video - Total Body Shape-Up & Maintenance60 seconds on all exercises (see June 8 post) except: only 30 seconds on the pushups (I'm getting there), 2 full minutes on the bicep flexion, and 1 1/2 minutes on the heel raises

Didn't get outside much because of the rain, but went on a short (and I mean short) walk this evening. The kids have been ancy to get outside all day so I let them walk around a couple blocks in the neighborhood.