Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-12, 17:06

Plan: Atkins 2
Stats: 267/251/210 Male 72"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Saaarf London born and bred - but moved steadily outwards since. Now residing just south of the M25 in Kent - aaaah, village life

South Norwood -> Beckenham -> South Croydon -> New York -> Sanderstead -> Westerham

BTW, if you haven't checked out neo_crone's recipe gallery (she posted on page one of this thread) do yourself a favour and do so! Fablious stuff!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-12, 17:18

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Feeling a bit homesick tonight. I'm a Londoner born and bred who's lived in the States since 1984. I'm happy here, but sometimes I do miss being around people who knew me in the first half of my life, that particular London sensibility and humor. I get back occasionally. I was born in Hampstead and was surprised to see how French-influenced the cafes and food had become. The pubs have changed a lot too - far more emphasis on the food and less on the drinks. I also lived in the West End for many years and that doesn't seem to have changed a bit. My dad was a cockney, born within the sound of Bow Bells. I'd guess the East End has changed quite a lot since his time - but maybe not if Eastenders is anything to go by. Anyway, just wanted to say hallo to some Londoners.
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-12, 11:43

Plan: LC cycle w/keto REAL FOOD
Stats: 141/126/112 Female 166 cm
BF:26/21/Lean
Progress: 52%

Hi Whofan,

Well you'll be glad to knwo London is cold amd ark right now. Does that cheer you up?

#64   ^
Old Tue, Mar-13-12, 16:35

BF:

Kimberley, that did make me smile. It's funny: you remember the good stuff like lying on the grass in Hyde Park on sunny August days and forget dragging into work in the cold, grey rain, lol. Just as well it's such a great country to make up for that weather!
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-12, 01:30

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 133.4/133.4/119 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello,

Just posted this intro on the main forum but I'm from London so thought I'd post it here as well!

I've just started low carbing this week. I don't have a lot to lose but it's VERY stubborn. I've lost nearly 10 pounds with low cal but it's taken months and left me miserable. And hungry! I'm hoping low carb is the way to go, especially as I have PCOS.

I’ve had issues with shall we say ‘chaotic’ eating in the past, so I know restrictive plans don’t work for me. So I won’t be counting carbs, but I will give low carb my best shot. I don’t eat meat but I have started eating fish to increase my options a bit.

I look forward to being inspired by the boards and hopefully helping others on their journey too!
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-12, 07:20

BF:

Welcome, McQueen! You will find more inspiration and support on these boards than you can imagine. There is a tremendous amount of information here if you can take the time to read it. It's not necessary to count carbs if you stick to unprocessed food: protein (eggs and fish are great), fat (butter or coconut oil for cooking, extra virgin olive oil for salads), fresh vegetables (preferably green and leafy). One thing is for sure, you won't be hungry on a low carb diet. In the beginning I ate like that until I was full, paying no attention at all to portion size, and the weight melted off so fast it was crazy. I'm post menopausal and hadn't been able to shift a lb for years. I've been low carbing now for over a year and these days I've added some cheese, yogurt, and berries to my diet. I've found that those items can stall weight loss unless I keep an eye on portions now. Any cravings you might still have for sugar and starches will disappear quickly, so this is a very sustainable way of eating for the long term. Good luck and please let us know how this is turning out for you.
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-12, 08:22

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 133.4/133.4/119 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thank you Whofan for the welcome and great advice. It is SO nice not to be hungry, you’re right! I also have a bad habit of stress / emotional eating (which has nothing to do with hunger). I need to work on that too, but baby steps!

I’m planning to centre my diet around eggs, fish, tofu, soy products and some dairy like cottage cheese and full fat greek yoghurt. And lots of lovely veg! I’m also supplementing with whey protein powder at breakfast and the odd snack as needed. I really want to make this a way of life rather than a short term ‘diet’. I will definitely keep you posted, thanks again!