Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 17:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/168/145
BF:
Progress: 23%
Unhappy Eating & Eating & Eating & Eating & Eating Today!

I am 12 days into my low carbing diet. I have been fine up until today. Today it seems that no matter what I eat, it just doesn't satisfy my appetite!
Breakfast was an omlette with bacon, mushrooms, spinach and cheese. Then chicken wings with blue cheese dressing. Snacking all afternoon on nuts, pepperoni slices with melted cheese, sugar-free jello, celery, cauliflower, etc., etc. ... and then a chef salad for dinner!!! I haven't broken down yet and eaten any carbs, but I sure have wanted to ALL DAY!!!!
So, tell me ... does anyone else do this sometimes? What's up anyway, I thought that my cravings were gone!! Someone tell me that I haven't blown my diet today by eating sooooooooo much food ... even though it was all low carb and proteins.
Thanks all!

Debbie :-)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 17:59

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default Re: Eating & Eating & Eating & Eating & Eating Today!

Quote:
Originally posted by 57firmie
I haven't broken down yet and eaten any carbs, but I sure have wanted to ALL DAY!!!!

You actually have eaten carbs. They're in the eggs, and cheese and probably the pepperoni, in the celery, cauliflower, dressing.

Have you been keeping track of your food and adding the carbs up along the way? Are you within the 20 carbs of Atkins induction? (BTW nuts are not allowed on induction and you should be watching that SF jello)

I've had days like that too, where i just graze all day long. Even eating protein doesn't help. For me it was mostly because of boredom or stress. But then, I bet we both had days like that BEFORE LCing!

Add up your carbs and see where you are. If you are over the 20, don't consider it a "blown diet", and don't beat yourself up over it. Just make better choiices starting now.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 18:29

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Days like that happen to all of us - something you ate unwittingly might have set it off (sugar in an omlette left me ravenous once); any chance you're PMSing? The key thing to remember is you kept it LC. Keep an eye on what you're eating (and make note of anything that is out of the ordinary) and make sure you're getting your water in - often dehydration presents itself as hunger.

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 18:30

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

What happened to you is normal. Hope your not disappointed Influences of hormones, time, gravity - they all have an effect on us. "Grazing" as Angela puts it is the periodic storm in the low carb way of life. You did well to hang on to the lifeline.

You got hungry and needed food. You gave yourself (lots) of the legal varieties. Don't worry. It probably won't affect you at all (unless you are salt-sensitive - water retention). Just move on to tomorrow
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-02, 02:47
Registered Member

Plan: FatLocity (as of 10 March 02)
Stats: 291/276/175
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default wanting to eat

Last night I must have burned up about 1000 calories wandering around my kitchen, opening various cupboards, the fridge, back and forth, as if something magical would appear. In the end I took a long hot shower with lots of nice smelly soap. Sometimes you just need to do somthing to take your mind off food.

Kim
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-02, 07:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/168/145
BF:
Thumbs up

Thanks soooooo much for the replies everyone! I managed to get through the day without caving in, and now this morning I have renewed willpower :-). I checked and my weight stayed the same, so I didn't do too much damage with my "termite eating" yesterday. My husband is doing the low carb thing with me and he finally lost 2 lbs. as of this morning ... he's excited!!! We are also doing quite a bit of exercising. We try to do 5 days of cardio for 30-45 minutes and 3 days of total body weight training. Sooooo, what isn't showing up as fat loss on the scales we are hoping is turning to muscle instead :-).
Thanks again! What a great forum!

Debbie
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-02, 08:02

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by 57firmie
We try to do 5 days of cardio for 30-45 minutes and 3 days of total body weight training. Sooooo, what isn't showing up as fat loss on the scales we are hoping is turning to muscle instead :-).

Debbie, this explains the eating yesterday - I experienced this exact phenomenon 10 days into BFL. It's called increased metabolism and muscle growth! You're building muscle and it's demaning food. Don't be shocked if it continues. The fix? Eat more!

Nat
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-02, 09:48

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:

HI:

I thought about your "termite" eating..... maybe you might try something new.

Hearts of Palm - crunchy and different tasting - 1 carb. per stalk

Radishes - very low carb. and crunchy and if you eat the red off first, it takes a while. Keeps your mouth busy, too!!!

Mushrooms in butter.... YUM - terrific mouth feel and also has Chronmum (sp) in them.

I sometimes goe thru the same, and I find if I taste or eat something different than the usual, it helps.

A Thin Me