Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#166   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-18, 03:08

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Up early and thinking about my sister. I'm sure she is up and getting ready to head to the hospital. Her daughter and granddaughter will pick her up at 8. Her daughter wanted to pick her up early so she would have time to stop at Starbucks. Sigh....as always, my niece makes sure to take care of herself first. Sorry...that's another story.

Sis's procedure is supposed to be at 11:30AM and is only to take 1/2 hour. I hope to hear something from my niece early this afternoon once Sis is awake and going to her room. Please send good vibes our way for a successful outcome.

I'll be back later.
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-18, 04:26

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori sending great vibes and sending prayers for your sister that everything goes smooth and fast for her! Keep us updated when you hear!!!!

Blue, so sorry on your dogger. I am hoping all pans out about the tests and a simple fix is happening for your precious doggie!

hi all
fast one here guys
have so much on my plate I can't keep up here
head in fog. sinus happening. usual crap

will chat up more later when I am in the mood feeling very funky right now

take care everyone and wonderful day and great vibes for everyone!
  #168   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-18, 04:29

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG Blue- I whine and gripe about the dogger eating my cell phone- yet as I sit here she is curled up in my lap. Like NIC write's she is my shadow. I can't fathom her not here- so I have a vet appt. for her on Sat.
I am going to google diabetes in dogs! I know that you will do whatever you need for your pup. They ARE our babies!!!!!!

I have noticed that Bella's eyes do look different - they reflect different. And she is OVERWEIGHT. I have adjusted her food 3 times. She is on a weight control food that I don't think she likes. I too am thinking that she is missing SOMETHING in her diet.
She has never eaten dirt, or metal before. She is also itching - so now I am wondering if it is her food. I made a switch about a month ago - to a "healthier" food.

I do think she is sad that I am working as much as I do. That is part of it too! If I am home is is always be my side. I never leave her line of sight.

So this post ended up to be completely about the dogs in our life.
Speaking of- NIC- MY thought about YOUR Bella is a UTI!!!!! That is the number one reason they pee like that. Have you have her tested for that? Poor baby wearing a diaper!!!! My dog would EAT a diaper I not kidding- she would have it shredded everywhere.

I started this posted addressed to Blue- but it ended up to all of us and our beloved pets!!!

I am outta time now
- LORI- safe travels and thoughts towards a speedy recovery for your sister!!!! Keep us posted!

PS- so when I was getting my new phone yesterday- I was worried that my pictures were gone. The guy was able to transfer them to my new phone via the bluetooth pairing function. the first picture to pop over was over course me and the pooch. I have more pictures of her than I do of anything else in my phone! Irony!

On plan- itchy throat today. Need to pick up some nose spray- allergies galore!!!!! It's that time of year that I get affected.

Have a great day all
  #169   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-18, 05:56

BF:

No travels for me. I won't be going to my sister's until September 9th. Her daughter & granddaughter will be with her thru the weekend and then she wants some time alone to just rest and heal. Hoping that by the time I go to stay with her, she'll be feeling like going out, but she still will not be able to drive. That is going to be a tough one. Once she feels better, I KNOW she will want to drive....she is not a home body like me.
  #170   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-18, 07:15

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning, all.

Lori, I woke up and six and thought about your sister. Then I went back to sleep because..summer. Then I woke up again at 8:30 and got up, thinking about your sister (and you) again. Short procedure so not a lot of waiting and worrying once it actually begins, which is nice. She is in my thoughts and of course you are as well!

Trig, really sorry for the sinus head you've got going on. Did DD go forward with the teal hair? I can't wait to hear about it if she did.

Jaz, how old is she again? Dogs' eyes change once they hit seven and they do reflect differently from that time. That is not something to worry about in and of itself.

I'd DEFINITELY change her food. Our Bella got a little chunky and I just cut back her portion and she dropped the weight. No need for weight control food. My girls eat the grain free food from Costco. Sophie used to have terrible problems with her paws and would literally pick at them til they bled and she stopped that once we switched foods. They both eat grain free dry, with a spoon of grain free wet mixed in and then I add water to make a nice gravy for them. They eat 2X a day. Sophie gets a cup each time and Bella a half cup each time.

Re: My Bella.. I really don't think she has a UTI. She has done this several times before and medically it hasn't been a problem. She tends to do it when there is a change in the household - people come to visit, or I leave (like I did) and go on a trip. She has been diaper free for a good 3-4 days with no accidents so I think she's giving it up for now. Oh, and technically it is a diaper COVER- cloth with a hole for their tail and then it Velcros on across the back.

Glad you were able to keep the pictures on your phone. Which one did you get? iPhone? What number?

I hope you feel better soon and the itchy throat doesn't go into anything.

Blue- I hit you up a few posts back. Thinking of your Dogger as well, of course.

Hi Kmom. Wave at us now and again if you stop in. Thought of you as we were eating chicken lazone last night!

•••••••••••••

Hello all,

Puttering right along here. Dh and I were saying last night that we feel like we should be losing our sh!t more than we are- things are oddly calm at the moment. We are probably missing all kinds of things that need to be done but oh well. Then other times one or both of us will feel a bit panicky. It is what it is. All will be well.

Still need to reach a final decision about the rehearsal dinner outfit. Nothing is really making me thrilled. I may just wear something nice-ish from my own closet and call it a day.

Planned the cooking days for the days prior to the wedding that we have company- tacos and rice one night and pulled pork, corn on the cob and fruit one night. I can do those up pretty low carb for me. I'll buy hotdogs and buns because the Littles will surely be in the pool a lot and we can grill those. Chips, cereal, ice cream, waffles, yogurt.. stock the house for the Littles. Sandwich bread and maybe some cold cuts.

Thursday night my Mom and her Fi may come over for dinner but pulled pork stretches a long way. The next three nights are taken care of food wise, thankfully.

Today I need to go to Costco and somewhere else that I cannot remember right this second. DS16 is going to get a haircut, go to XC practice and then he has a HS pool party. Not sure what is on DS19's agenda.

It's gettin' real!

Eats yesterday:

coffee, hwc, st/er
11:15- bacon, 1 cup yogurt/sour cream mix with vanilla stevia
6:30- 2 chicken thighs lazone, 1 serving rebel vanilla
  #171   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-18, 16:52

BF:

What a nerve wracking day! Sitting here waiting for the phone to ring drives me crazy. My niece sent me a text at 1PM....they had just taken Sis to surgery...an hour & a half late. It happens. 2 doctors were working on her, so the OBGYN came out first after about 45 minutes and said her part was done and it was going fine. The Urologist finished his part around 3 and told my niece all went as expected and she was in recovery.

They got her awake and were taking the vaginal packing out and they could not get the bleeding stopped. They called the OBGYN back in and they had to put her under again and put more stitches in. Meanwhile niece & I are nervous wrecks. I was wishing I was there. I know I couldn't do anything, but I would have felt better to be there. Anyway, after another 1/2 hour in recovery, she is finally in her room for the night. She was talking a bit, but super groggy. The nurses said she will be extra groggy since they had to put her under twice.

Hoping that she has a good night with no more trips back to the OR! My niece will give me an update in the morning when they get in to see her. The plan was for her to come home tomorrow if all goes well.

Thanks for your good thoughts for me and my DSis.

Oh....my friend in England saw the Cardiologist today and all tests show her heart is ok. Diagnosis Pericarditis. She is to take anti inflammatory meds on a regular schedule for 2 weeks and if no improvement, she is to call him. The hardest part for her is no running until she is pain free. She's allowed to walk, so she says she will do a couple walks a day. He also gave her some heavy duty meds so she could sleep, but she doesn't want to take them. She says she'll just get up when the pain wakes her and then try to nap during the day.

That's my report from sick bay!
  #172   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-18, 19:39

BF:

Lori, I'm glad it was ultimately all right for your sister but sorry that she had a rougher time than expected. I hope her night is all right and she is able to go home tomorrow as expected.

I also hope the two weeks of medicine works for your friend.

Hugs!
  #173   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-18, 20:10

BF:

Nicco I think at some point you do get oddly calm when you are slammed full with a plate of crazy that is happening coming fast at you chill out and enjoy the whole process!

Lori, so glad your sister got thru ok and hoping for a very good recovery for her! It is nerve racking to the max when someone undergoes big med stuff but as long as she can heal well and do ok it is a great victory all is done and she is ok!!

Glad your friend is kinda ok also, hope everything pans out good for her also.

med stuff is just horrible! I am glad tho everyone is finding their way thru it all.

crazy day here
just so much going on
kid school orientation
off to store and then 'hunt a boat' UGH and that took a lot longer than one would think of course with DH looking at every damn boat, you know, the $80K ones also HAHA and my head is still in monster fog. ears kinda clogged also

just moving slow and falling behind

after boat we signed up for the gym
yea.
I wonder if we do use it....he seems pumped more than me.

$29/family per month....4 people covered
all group classes of all offered, cardio, silver sneakers, Zumba and all that crazy crap is free included
we tried a lot of the equip today....good stuff
they 'tiny we did do' cause heck my jeans were just annoyingly uncomfy on the machines etc and my sandals were of no help LOL I have to say working out felt GOOD.
open 24/7, have code to put into door to get in any time.
hmmm, might be ok
we are going for 3 days per week
should be interesting to see how this all goes down

need something new in our lives, maybe starting the gym will change things up a bit

who knows

chat later
  #174   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-18, 20:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Lori---Thinking of you. So happy your sissy is in recovery and on her way back. She is going to be SO relieved to have this problem behind her. Still, huge HUGS to you for all your worry and having to be so far away. But time will fly as it does, and before you know it, you'll be by her side.

Also, glad to hear your pal's diagnosis is not more serious. This is good news. Might put a cramp in her style for a bit, but again, time flies, and then she'll be running again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got the results back on our beloved dogger. Good news is, she does not have diabetes. Bad news is she has a rare disease called Cushings. She is going blind and will continue to do so at the rapid rate it has happened so far. It is irreversible.

So, I have pretty much been crying my eyes out for all the joys she used to have with her sight. The list is endless. But vet said dogs are nothing if not adaptable, if they know they have your love and care. And that she does. But like us, she has a big adjustment coming, and without her sight it will be much harder. But we are long committed by our love for her to learn to teach her how to navigate a sightless world, and in a new place.

Roof is being replaced, bid has gone up by $6,000. Don't have the energy to explain.

I'm out, got no more. Leaving tomorrow for brother's cabin for the weekend, where there is no Wifi, so I won't be on board again till Monday or Tuesday of next week.

We need this time away desperately. Dogger comes w/us. CANNOT. WAIT.

Wishing you all good days ahead till I'm back.
  #175   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-18, 04:56

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

BLUE- As much as you are going to BE MISSED- I know you need some re-vamp time! I know you will just unwind!!!! good for you!

Lori- oh sweetie what a hard place to be. I am glad that your sister is ok! Yea anesthesia is rough- but thankfully is does wear off. I am glad however they saw the problem before she went home!
I know this sounds quaint- but do try to relax now! She is in recovery mode!

NIC- I am seriously going to change her food. I have noticed that she is ALSO licking and licking her paws. Something she has never done! - It HAS to be the food. It is grain free too- but somehow I think that is the ISSUE. At any rate I am taking her to the vet tomorrow anyway just to be sure. She needs her rabies/ heart worm update anyway.

Your poor Bella- in diapers!!!!! Poor baby! you know that she has got be to embarrassed!!!!! DOGS KNOW when they are in trouble.

YUP- getting real now. Nothing to do except sit and enjoy yourself. Rehersal dinner- I wouldn't buy anything over the top for that. For my daughters wedding- we were all in shorts and went to a BBQ joint for her dinner. It wasn't real formal. I would choose comfort for the rehearsal!
PLEASE keep us posted! I LOVE a good wedding!!!! I can't wait for the pictures!

Trig- I knew the DH- would be on the boat hunt pretty fast. Once a guy gets something in in their head- they are like a dog with a bone. You should just buy the darn thing and be over it! Let him take it fishing and get him outta your hair for a few days!!!!
Yup- it feels like back to school!!!! What grade is the kiddo going to be?
I got the sinus thing too. Mine is seasonal allergies. I need to get my nose spray. I get Rhinocort.
----------------------------------------
Short on TIME AGAIN!!! I am so happy it's FRIDAY! We made it another week!
ON Plan- steady....... I am happy with that! After struggling for several weeks I have finally reached the coast zone!!!! No craving for carbs- now just wanting healthy and on plan foods. Take and go with it!
TGIF
  #176   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-18, 05:19

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue.....so sorry about your dog's diagnosis, but I know you will help her adapt and she will learn to navigate her new normal. Oh these furkids! They get into our hearts. Enjoy your weekend....I think it will be just the recharge you need.

Trig...boat shopping and joining a gym! You had a productive day. I hope you enjoy going to the gym together....one will push the other. I need someone to push me!

Nic....wedding day is coming close! Glad there is a sense of calm over the whole thing now. After all the planning there comes a point where you have all your ducks in a row, and you wonder what next? Just enjoy it!

Jaz...hope changing Bella's food will resolve her troubles. It sure sounds like that is the problem. Do you have loads of school work to do this weekend? I hope you have a bit of down time.

I took my phone to the bedroom last night just in case. I never do that, I always shut it down at night. Anyway, we were sleeping soundly and my phone started ringing at around 10. OMG...panic. It was playing the song that it does when I have a phone call coming in, but there was no call. It was so weird. I still can't figure out what it was unless someone called and then hung up quickly and my phone just kept playing. There was nothing in the call log or anything. My heart was in my throat for a long time after. I think I have a few new gray hairs this morning.

My niece will be calling me this morning once she's gotten to the hospital and checked on DSis. I have another day of waiting for the phone to ring.

A foggy morning here. I think it's supposed to be a lovely day once the fog burns off. I need to get out for a walk or run.....enough sitting around!

Later!
  #177   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-18, 05:41

BF:

Ahhh Blue so sorry about your doggie!!! I would hate to hear something like that on any of my animals. It is super rough when they get hit with medical. When Peppers got colic and it was twisted gut so bad it happens SO fast. No time. Vet comes and says she has to be put down NOW...nothing one can do. He said the surgery to fix almost never works. Works for like a few weeks or a month or so and then the gut re-twists, he talked me out of driving her for surgery cause in all his experience it never was a good outcome for what the twisted gut does to the insides of the animal. What gets me is making that decision so fast, that it is over right now....you have no time to think or digest especially when the horse is in total pain, rolling on the ground frantic, going batshit crazy from the pain and panting horribly and more. Just something that is so hard to see but one who has a horse thru their entire life will probably get hit with this, mostly in old horses but it is always something I knew could go down and I would have to deal.......anyway, sorry you have to go thru it but you guys will adjust and so will doggie! Happy you are getting into your new place while the eyesight is still there!! Gives the dogger time to learn some new surroundings.

enjoy that quiet weekend and absorb your stress and let it go.
sometimes you have to let the brain accept and then let it go!!

Lori, oh man the damn call from no where when you are in that mode of a maybe 'what if' terrible call comes to you....ugh.
I know she is recovering well and you will get a great report on her! Let us know.

Jaz, you are in the cruise zone again. So good!!!!
I am going back to basic tastes now. Not trying to keep a lot of variety. More of 'eat these meats/seafood' only and keep it damn super simple. When I go up in food complication I get screwed, when I keep it super simple I do so well. So I am working on me also

hubby off getting other truck front wheel align....
then he might go off to Fort Mill SC to look at boat

kiddo and me, might go to mall for some shirts she could really use for new school year--will see on that one cause my head is clogged, I am in a total fog kinda brain dead totally, woozey headed and out of it LOL

kid to school Monday and hubby and I said we will start tues or wed into our gym routine.

doing bed laundry
want to carpet shampoo the living room but not today, setting myself up for this job and when mood hits I will tackle it...have to get new good smelling carpet cleaner for my machine

other than that, brain dead mostly
waiting on laundry
gonna wake up kid soon now to get her azz moving earlier, she is not a fan ya know

everyone have a great day
  #178   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-18, 06:46

BF:

Hospital Report:

DSis is up and sitting in a chair having a cup of coffee & a chocolate chip muffin. She had to wait 45 minutes for her coffee.....she was not a happy camper according to my niece! Her incision is bigger than expected, so her days of string bikinis are over.

So relieved that she is up and about.
  #179   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-18, 08:11

BF:

Lori- Glad to hear Sis is sitting up and eating a muffin! That is a good sign indeed.

Blue- Well hon, I am sorry to hear about Dogger and Cushing's disease. I think I have heard of that in humans. It is indeed sad and you should allow yourself all of the feels. Your doggie is much loved though and knows it, and will continue to be loved and helped through this. In the meantime, unplug, relax, get away and rest. You need all of those things. Hugs!

Trig, you poor thing, I am sorry you are feeling under the weather. The sinus stuff really gets you. I hope it lays off soon. Do you take anything for allergies/decongestant? My kid starts on Tuesday but he has his first NHS assignment on Monday. He still has a Trig/pre-calc packet to do, as well as a book to read. Tick tock, Kid!

Jaz- Glad you are back to being rock steady on the WOE. Keep it up!

•••••••

Things are fine here. Did FaceTime with DD this morning. She had some panic stuff come up with the wedding so talked with her about that. It will all work out. She and Fi both have their bachelor/bachelorette stuff this weekend and I know she will have a blast.

Went off plan last night. Not the end of the world and back on track this morning. I went 8 days on plan which is a good win for me. Down a handful of pounds since getting back from Canada and I expect this 2 pounds up to be mostly water weight. Hopefully out of my system until the rehearsal dinner evening!

Off to the Chiro, then taking DS to an eye appointment. I need to pick up school supplies for the boys, then DS19 takes Emerson to the overnight bachelor party, and I'll take DS16 to cross country.

Guess that is about it from here!
  #180   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-18, 17:57

BF:

No word that Sis has made it home yet. My niece called me this afternoon and said her Mom is not going to win the award for best patient. She is not supposed to get up and walk without a nurse there, but she does anyway. They threatened to put an alarm on her. She was able to urinate, which is good, but she could not empty her bladder. She passed 150cc's and then they put in a catheter and there was an additional 600cc's in there! She is VERY unhappy to have the catheter and may be sent home with one for a week. She is an RN and it's true what they say.....Dr's & nurses make horrible patients!

She is not used to having to just sit around, so it's going to be a rough few weeks for her. I just hope she listens and doesn't undo any of the sutures or anything. She's a stubborn thing!

Thanks for all your well wishes for her. Much appreciated.
Closed Thread