Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-08, 08:08

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 209/194/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

Peach-

I've seen your posts on several active threads. I'm really impressed with the efforts you are going to to take charge of your health. I hope to follow your lead. Keep up the good work. Keep me posted.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-08, 15:47

Plan: LC/IF
Stats: 180/173.8/150 Female 5'9"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 21%

Ok, did my fifth Fluidity workout today - my best so far! I know I've gotten stronger and I really feel like I got the best workout so far with this since I was able to complete all of the repetitions. Now that I know the moves, I am able to start concentrating more on my form and how well I am doing each move. Great workout!!!

Kd: wow, what a fantastic compliment, thank you! Yes, that's a great way of putting it - "take charge of your health!!!" We all have resources with which to do our own research (including experiments on ourselves!) and make our own informed decisions on how to best improve/maintain our health - we just need to make the commitment (renewing it every day if necessary!). I get frustrated about people who don't take it upon themselves to learn about how to best take care of themselves and then they wonder why they don't feel well. It's truly a long term learning process. I've gone from trying to be vegetarian/vegan several years ago to doing a 180 and deciding that eating meat and low carb is the best thing for my body. I've tried so many types of exercise from running (until my knee told me it didn't like that so much) to Body for Life to not working out at all (that doesn't work by the way!) to what I'm trying now, which is the Fluidity workout combined with low carbing and Intermittent Fasting. Is all of this right for everyone? Probably not, but I am willing to continue this journey of trying to get my body looking and feeling the way I desire it to. Hey, it's been kindof crazy, but it's also been FUN!

Did I just climb up on a soap box? Oops! Allow me to climb back down now! Again, thanks for the compliment. It's the unexpected compliment from time to time that's helps keep my motivation going!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-08, 23:21

Plan: ?
Stats: 178/166/155 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hi Everyone,

I'm back! Ok, first off, Peach...you are hilarious! I didn't mind the soap box at all. You are so right about taking control of your life and health. I just found it funny how many things you listed that I have tried also: vegetarianism (that was tough 'cause then I just ate more carbs!!), running (my flat feet, knees, hips and back told me the "what's what" and I have to give that up in a hurry - too bad because I was getting real good, too!) and Body For Life (I never got all the way through it. Intense working out 6 days a week is not my thing and the diet wasn't too yummy!). Last year, I tried P90X. It was fun while it lasted but again, really intense (6 days a week...when will I learn? )

I find that as time goes on, I need to do things that are far less jarring on my joints. I don't enjoy hi impact anymore. Now, I would rather do pilates, yoga and walking. I also do a bit of ballroom/latin dancing in my basement. That's a fun way to pick up the pace. By the way, I just turned 34 (last Sunday) and though I don't look my age, the years of high intensity training, martial arts a various injuries have really left me feeling achy and older than I should (and sometimes a bit lazy). How's that for a 180?

So, I did my second fluidity workout. I definitely enjoy it. I love the stretching. It's really helping me a great deal. I'm a bit hard pressed to stay with the beginner workout though. I'm considering moving on to the intermediate because I've been doing the Bar Method workouts for the past couple of weeks. What do you think? Part of me wants to stay with the beginner workout so I get my money's worth out of all the dvd's

Well, I've gone on for far too long. Thanks for lending an ear. You guys are a fun bunch.

Until next time...
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-08, 18:49

Sixth Fluidity workout today! The beginner workout is definitely still challenging for me.

I posted this in Kd's journal, but not here yet, so I know I should go ahead and share this info - it's really great! I was in a size 12 pant over 2 weeks ago and I thought maybe I had gotten to the point where I could fit into size 10 of the same pants - went to Kohl's and tried the 10's on and was basically stuffing myself in them - no good. Then last week I went back to Kohl's and tried on those 10's again and they fit much better! I was able to get 2 pair of them. I really feel the Fluidity workouts were a big part of getting me into those 10's!!! It feels so good to be in a size 10 again. Now on to a size 8!!!!!!
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-08, 22:40

Did my 7th Fluidity workout today - it was really great! I really felt it - after the workout, my muscles were shaky, which for me is a good indication that I really worked them out. I really am liking this workout - I'm so glad my DH got it for me! Also my thighs are starting to feel firmer, so that's a very good thing!

I haven't been so great in the eating department this week, though - I've allowed my DH's stress from work rub off on me - he's been eating badly and so have I! He's got an excuse, but me? No. Just sympathy eating to join in with him. How nuts is that?!? I did Intermittent Fast today and made a bean-free chili with cheese and sour cream for dinner - it turned out great - so today's eating was back on track.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-08, 10:50

BF:

Alright...is anyone other than Peach still using the Fluidity Bar or has it become a really expensive clothes rack? I'm really curious to see who is sticking with it.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-08, 12:35

Chubbykit?!? What's the 411 on your third Fluidity workout
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-08, 16:51

BF:

Hey Peach,

I'm still using my fluidity bar. Unfortunately, last week was really busy so I only used it once but typically, I try to do three workouts per week. Anyway, I've opted for the intermediate workout for the challenge (and also because my beginner DVD won't stop skipping!). I'm loving my bar and the workouts feel great. It's actually kind of surprising how much of a challenge the lower body gets with this workout. I like using the bands for the upper body. I just wonder if I'm doing enough for the triceps/biceps.

I haven't seen a great deal in the way of results because I haven't been eating very well the last few weeks. I'm going to have to make a concerted effort with the food in order to see any changes. I will definitely keep you posted on that.

So, congrats on the size loss, Peach. That's great news. Are you doing any other forms of exercise aside from Fluidity? How often are you doing Fluidity? And how has your diet been? I'm just curious. I'm waiting for the weather to improve so I can go walking again. I hate doing cardio in my basement. It just sucks the life right out of my workout!

Okay, so I've rambled on. I'll follow up with you all in another week or so.

Thanks for listening...

Wishing you all the best!

By the way, I think I've done five workouts so far...
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-08, 16:44

BF:

Just checking in on everyone. My Fluidity Bar just arrived today! Unfortunately, I am not feeling very well...so it may take me a few days to get started. I am looking forward to it. I am not a fan of exercise by any means, so maybe we can keep each other motivated.
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-08, 22:02

Chubbykit - I have been trying to do 3 Fluidity workouts a week - I didn't do any at all last week - Aaah! It's back to business next week for sure! I haven't been doing any other type of workout, but I really do want to start walking for about 30 minutes 3x per week as well.

Keep up the great work with your bar! I know what you mean about not being up to par in the food department - I keep cheating, so that's been stalling me lately. TOTALLY my fault, I know! Hey, at least I'm not gaining, right? I just feel that if I can be really consistent in the next few weeks that I will see some really good progress. Funny how we can sabotage ourselves, isn't it?!?
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-08, 22:04

Kd - I'm really looking forward to hearing about your first Fluidity workout!!!!
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-08, 22:40

Plan: eating small portions
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

Hello, I fell for the info comercial as well. I have the fluidty bar, I have not been using it , been doing the abs diet workout, I also do pilates and now am trying yoga I was thinking about using it again!!!
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-08, 11:01

BF:

Hi All,

So, last week was a complete bust in the exercise department. DH and I were in a car accident on Tuesday night so we spent a few days being stiff (and lazy). After that, well, I've been preoccupied with all the insurance/body shop/car shopping dealings and haven't had time to exercise. I did do all right with the food, though. I managed to pull off 2-3 stubborn pounds that seem to make their appearance every weekend.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a better week to come. Just to be safe, I probably won't push myself as hard (back's a bit sensitive still) and may try to throw in a few yoga sessions to help. I'll keep you posted.

Actually, a big tell as to whether my physique has slimmed down at all will be tonight when I have to cram myself into a few evening dresses that I wear in my show. Last time I wore them was at New Years (just after/during all the Christmas bingeing). If there's any improvement at all, that's how I'll know. Fingers crossed

Well, Ciao until next time...
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-08, 12:27

BF:

Sorry to hear about the car accident. I know from experience how frustrating that entire process can be. Good luck with the dress. I'm sure it will look fabulous!

I just received my Fluidity Bar a few days ago. I will be posting on my progress when I finally get my first exercise in. I look forward to reading about everyone else's experiences. Even if you aren't using it...keep it out in plain site so you can't ignore it for too long. No using it for a clothes rack! I am holding you all accountable. I WILL be checking back and making sure you guys get back on track. I expect the same in return.
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-08, 03:11

BF:

Just a quick note:

The dresses fit much better. I've only lost about 5 pounds since New Years but it seems to have done the trick. I know I haven't really been trying hard with my diet but I had three people ask me if I had lost weight. Usually, 5 pounds wouldn't be that noticeable. So, I'm going to take a chance and say that maybe fluidity is helping me to look a little slimmer than 5 pounds feels? I'll keep at it. I had last week off but I'm looking forward to next week. Raring to go!

By the way, I just ordered Natural Advantage (by Jane Seymour). Does anyone have any experience with that product? It's an anti-aging kit that has been getting great reviews from users (not involved in the infomercial).

Anyway, thanks for the support and for lending your ears...

Wishing you all the best!

Last edited by chubbykit : Sun, Mar-16-08 at 03:23.