Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-08, 07:26

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic
Hi Seems a bit quiet on here the last few days, hope everyone is going okay with the running.

Well I finished Week 6 and then Thursday I did a 30 min run. I plan to do 4 more thirty minute runs between now and my first race next Sunday (3km). So I guess I've kinda diverted from the program again but 30 mins is so much more satisfying than 25 or 28 mins

I think I've found the program I will continue on with after my race www.halhigdon.com/spring/Springnovice.htm

Hey Aussie....I've been away and haven't posted all week except for yesterday.... The thirty minute runs sound excellent. I will run again tomorrow and am on week 7.... Honestly, I think I am getting apathetic about this running thing and so I am trying to pump myself back up. I thought by now I would have lost more weight but I haven't so I'm beginning to wonder if I am eating enough calories and if perhaps my body is in starvation mode. I tracked my calories for over a week and they are in the 1000 range....so I am guessing I need to up them by at least 500 calories... So that will be my test this week to see if I can get in 500 more calories... You know, the fallacy that fat people eat a lot is just that... I think that not eating enough is the reason why I am fat...who knew!

Good luck to you and hope to hear from you again soon...

TJ
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-08, 07:07

Morning all,

Just finished Week 7, Day 2 of my C25 program. I must admit that I am getting apathetic about the program, especially since I'm not seeing any weight loss, but will continue. Today I did a 30 minute run and did six HI intervals....felt very fatigued after that....total 3.5 miles...
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-08, 07:12

Good Morning all,

Just completed Day 3 of Week 7, tried an experiment last night and carbed up so that I could see how far I could run today... Today I did my 25 minutes and total ran 3.5 miles....

Ok, so I have finally reached a goal that I set out for myself...one of many more to come I hope... Thanks for the support. It has been a difficult couple of weeks because my enthusiasm has been waning because of no weight loss...but today I am happy! Apparently, the carb load helped me achieve the goal, the energy that I had was phenomenal!!! Now...weight loss...I definitely haven't found the formula for that yet!

TJ
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-08, 19:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/174.5/132 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi Skeeweeaka!

Arggg! I hear you on the no weight loss thing.

I try to keep my running efforts and my weight loss efforts completely separate. I run for fitness, I follow the low carb woe for weight loss. Otherwise I would get discourage and give up on the workouts.

I know by now that exercise does not equal weight loss for me, only 100% compliance to Atkins induction does that. And at the moment I can only seem to manage 98% compliance and that is not resulting in weight loss. My problem is a couple of coffees with milk per day

Did another 30 min run on Saturday, still not getting any easier. I just know I need to be patient. I was going to go today but have decided to hold off for a day, I am just feeling so "blah" today.
  #95   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-08, 22:09

Quote:
Hi Skeeweeaka!

Arggg! I hear you on the no weight loss thing.

I try to keep my running efforts and my weight loss efforts completely separate. I run for fitness, I follow the low carb woe for weight loss. Otherwise I would get discourage and give up on the workouts.

I know by now that exercise does not equal weight loss for me, only 100% compliance to Atkins induction does that. And at the moment I can only seem to manage 98% compliance and that is not resulting in weight loss. My problem is a couple of coffees with milk per day

Did another 30 min run on Saturday, still not getting any easier. I just know I need to be patient. I was going to go today but have decided to hold off for a day, I am just feeling so "blah" today.

Hey Aussie...at least you got it done today! Sorry that you are not feeling well... I wasn't feeling my best either on the runs, that is why I carbed up the night before this run to see if it helped and it definitely did... I'm not sure how I'm going to do it from now on....maybe just a few more carbs the night before again... I really felt good out there today though....I surprised myself!

TJ
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-08, 00:49
Registered Member

BF:

Today I got hubby to drop me off up the paddock a bit so I could run home, bless him. I actually thought I had picked a route that was mostly downhill, but realised on the way that there was quite a few uphills too huh.gif Nothing too steep though.

I used the bonus graduation track from the Podrunner intervals, its 145bpm rather than 140bpm. I did 17 minute run (1.91km) then had to stop and open a gate, I hate gates at the moment because they interrupt what little mojo I have Anyhow did a 3 min walk and then ran again for 14 mins (1.5km). So a total of 3.4km in 31 mins.

Felt pretty good although I had the beginnings of a stitch when I stopped for the gate but the quick walk fixed that. And my feet were a bit sore due to the rocky track. I nearly took a tumble near the end so probably won't do that track again for a while it is just too uneven. Looks like its back to the gravel road for me.

One more run on Thursday then I will skip 2 days so I am fresh on Sunday for my 3k Gallop
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-08, 06:06

Quote:
Today I got hubby to drop me off up the paddock a bit so I could run home, bless him. I actually thought I had picked a route that was mostly downhill, but realised on the way that there was quite a few uphills too huh.gif Nothing too steep though.

I used the bonus graduation track from the Podrunner intervals, its 145bpm rather than 140bpm. I did 17 minute run (1.91km) then had to stop and open a gate, I hate gates at the moment because they interrupt what little mojo I have Anyhow did a 3 min walk and then ran again for 14 mins (1.5km). So a total of 3.4km in 31 mins.

Felt pretty good although I had the beginnings of a stitch when I stopped for the gate but the quick walk fixed that. And my feet were a bit sore due to the rocky track. I nearly took a tumble near the end so probably won't do that track again for a while it is just too uneven. Looks like its back to the gravel road for me.

One more run on Thursday then I will skip 2 days so I am fresh on Sunday for my 3k Gallop

He Aussie... Congrats on your run... Looking forward to hearing how your 3K Gallop goes....good luck to you!!!

Currently waiting on the rain to stop so I can run this morning... Hope it stops soon!

TJ
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-08, 06:25

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Hello. Have not started running yet, but I did walk 22 minutes yesterday.

1 step at a time.
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-08, 09:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by niudog
Hello. Have not started running yet, but I did walk 22 minutes yesterday.

1 step at a time.

Hey Niudog, thanks for stopping by and CONGRATS on getting your walking in. One step at a time, definitely!!!

Well today is my day to jog, currently it is raining out. Waiting on the rain to stop so that I can get her done!

Ok, the weather finally broke, it was raining bad. So I went out for my run today... Ran for 3.5 miles again today... I'm beginning to feel like a runner....slow but steady.... To put it in perspective, however, a walker breezed by me easily walking at a fast paced. I'm hoping that with weight loss and continued training my speed will increase...but I'm happy to see the progress I've made.

TJ
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-08, 05:36
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Niudog Walking is a great way to start.

Wow 3.5 miles Skeeweeaka! Do you run that in one go or do you take walk breaks? Either way its fantastic!

No run for me today, its my off day.

Bec
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-08, 06:54

Quote:
Hi Niudog Walking is a great way to start.

Wow 3.5 miles Skeeweeaka! Do you run that in one go or do you take walk breaks? Either way its fantastic!

No run for me today, its my off day.

Bec

Hey Aussie...I run it all at once...at a turtles pace...but it has taken me the eight weeks to get there... Thanks it feels good to have reached a goal!

Today is my off day too...Pilates day! Although, I might go for a walk because it is very nice outside... Very fall like, and I love fall!

TJ
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-08, 12:04

Managed to do week 8, day 2 today... Ran 3.5 miles again... It was a little more difficult today because I walked yesterday plus did beginning Pilates. I might have to just do the Pilates so that I am giving my legs a day of rest...

Hope everyone has a great day!

TJ
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-08, 16:58
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
Hey Aussie...I run it all at once...at a turtles pace...but it has taken me the eight weeks to get there... Thanks it feels good to have reached a goal!

Today is my off day too...Pilates day! Although, I might go for a walk because it is very nice outside... Very fall like, and I love fall!

TJ

Awesome stuff my furthest run so far without a break is 3.4km and I've been at it about the same time as you. Great stuff!

So when you say you did week 8 day 2 you just keep running after the timer stops to get your 3.5 miles in? If you can run 3.5miles in 28 minutes you are no turtle
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-08, 18:07

Quote:
Awesome stuff my furthest run so far without a break is 3.4km and I've been at it about the same time as you. Great stuff!

So when you say you did week 8 day 2 you just keep running after the timer stops to get your 3.5 miles in? If you can run 3.5miles in 28 minutes you are no turtle

Where did you get 28 minutes ...more like 60 minutes.... And yes, I just keep running after my 28 minutes is up... I think I'm going to do intervals again on Saturday though after my 28 minutes instead to finish the 3.4 miles... Intervals are supposed to burn more fat... When I did them on Sunday, I was so tired I couldn't hardly stand....

TJ

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Thu, Sep-11-08 at 18:13.
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 05:16
Registered Member

BF:

Ha Ha, okay you can stay in the turtle club with me LOL! Its nice to have company here at the back of the pack