Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-02, 04:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/My Own
Stats: 97/83/68
BF:
Progress: 48%
Question A question for the ladies

I've now had two periods since starting Atkins. I'm on the pill yet both periods have been a little early (one by half a day, and the next by 1.5 days!) and more crampy than usual. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Rebecca

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-02, 08:06

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Missbecca, there is a link in the thread "Hot Links!" under "Newbies' Questions" that leads to the mother of all discussions on this It's called "Effects on menstruation" - you should go take a peek.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-02, 10:01

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Rebecca! Just wanted to say it's great to see another West Aussie on here, I thought the day would never come. I don't know about you but I've found that Atkins and low-carbing in general is pretty much unheard of in WA so it's good to see some growing support. Where in WA are you?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 10:00
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Nat and Mags

Thanks for the replies

Nat, I had a look at that thread you mentioned for Newbies. It looks like menstrual variations are pretty common, but everyone has had such different experiences! Mine hasn't really changed in length/number of days - just odd that it's early and RATHER crampy. Oh well - small price to pay for such an excellent WOE.

Mags, I haven't seen too many West Aussies either - and most people that I've mentioned this to don't know much about low-carb eating, although many have heard of Atkins but just think of it as another fad. I live in Melville - whereabouts are you??

Rebecca
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 22:45

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey Rebecca how are you? Looking at your stats you're doing GREAT! I've heard of Melville but am not exactly sure where it is, I think it's south of the river though. I'm in Ballajura, you probably haven't heard of that either!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 23:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/270/180 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hi Mags and Miss Becca

Seeing as you both are from WA thought I would let you know that I have just managed to find a low-carb bread in Perth (and I live in Canberra!!! - low-carb bread is unheard of over here). From a company called Bodhi's Bakehouse. Don't know if you have seen, heard or tried it. I have just ordered some and they are sending it across air freight. Just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to try it.

Maz
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 06:29
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Mags

Yup I know Ballajura - one of those north/slight east suburbs :P A friend and I have a running debate over south vs north - he thinks the south road network stinks (and I just tell him 'oh yes, it's all dirt tracks down here').

Marion, thanks for the tip re the bread. I know Bodhi's breads quite well (see 'Question for Melsa' thread) but I'm yet to try the low carb variety. I find that I don't really miss bread so much - it's more that I miss having something to "put things on" - but I discovered that Rye Cruskits are v.low in carbs so I have a couple of those sometimes with some peanut butter (or smoked salmon & cream cheese!). The things I'm missing are desserts! Difficult to go out to a restaurant or with friends and resist the icecream and cheesecake - but I've managed OK so far with strawberries & cream

Rebecca