Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-18, 07:13

Plan: Various
Stats: 250/240/160 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default I knew it was coming...but still bummed

6 lb lost week 1
6 lb lost week 2
This week 2 lb lost

I knew it was coming since the first two weeks was water weight but I’m still deflated and can’t shake myself out it ugh.

Hopefully writing this makes me get it out my system and move on!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-18, 14:44

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Happens to most of us. I'm one of the lucky few in that my ride down was relatively smooth, although I didn't have the kickstart that a lot of other people tend to have at the beginning either.

Maybe consider starting a journal to track your progress along the way?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-18, 14:47
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

It's a hard lesson to teach to your inner two-year-old who wants everything fixed NOW! that it just doesn't work that way.

Each pound of fat on your body is worth about the same as the fat you'd be eating - maybe 2500 calories. Even if you starved yourself, which is obviously not smart, you'd still only lose a few pounds a week max, and starvation would only lead to muscle loss, a lowered metabolism, all kinds of other health problems, and general misery.

IT. IS. SLOW.

Weight loss is like paying off a massive debt. It's not going to be fast, even if you work a few overtime shifts here and there to help.

Let that two-year-old have its tantrum, then try to focus on the big picture. Mourn, but also try to be grateful that at least you know what the problem is and how to solve it. Also try to swallow that this has to be permanent. I find that a lot of people who are in a rush to lose the weight are actually just in a rush to be able to "eat normally again." Well, the SAD eating ain't normal. Choose health and choose it for good.

Best of luck.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-18, 17:06

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Woow!!!!! You moved 12 pounds!!!! How many folks cannot do this because of resistance. BUT YOU DID!!!!! HURRAY!!! YOU CAN move the pounds, you can drop the extra weight, you can do this!!!!!!

I understand the thrill of the fast weight loss-- it is thrilling, rewarding, and jumping on the scale is another pound GONE!!!!

Hold on to the great feeling. Hold on to better night sleep. Hold on to what ever is easier to do now with out those 12 plus 2 pounds!!!!

DONT quit. Join a challenge. FInd support as you continue your weight loss journey.......

I understand how you feel, my weight stalled, my weight plateaued......but I did NOT quit. SOmetimes pounds fall off quickly, sometimes not. It does FLUCTUATE........Keep kicking the tire down the road...... YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Look into intermittant fasting. Keep working the program. I eventually dropped breakfast, just 2 meals and a evening snack, then dropped evening snack too. Dropped them when I wasnt hungry.....and into deeper ketosis.

THere is more ahead for you !!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 03:30

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

You knew it was coming because this is the perfectly normal and logical pattern of weight loss.

Read this article, or watch the short video at post 160. Hang in there!
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=365499
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 07:11

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%

First time I did LC, i could clock my cycles by it.

(Slight weight GAIN, every month, from month 1, just before.)

Don't worry about the bumps in the graph. Just take comfort that the general trend is DOWN.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 00:25

BF:

Thanks for all the support!

Took a few hours but I got over it and got back on the grind. Went out of town and was able to stay on plan. I even made myself cauliflower potato salad so I would have a side to eat at the cookout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
I find that a lot of people who are in a rush to lose the weight are actually just in a rush to be able to "eat normally again

Interesting. I didn’t think I felt this way until you wrote it 🤔.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 05:50

BF:

Good job!!!

This way of eating is for life. IF you want to feel great. IF you want control of your food. IF you want control of weight.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 12:22

BF:

Thank you. Meal planning for the week right now. Will look into intermittent fasting, not familiar with that.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 12:50

BF:

lol, IF was if with emphasis. Though I do IF and like it. Took a while to get keto adapted, and can go 24 hrs without eating if schedule is crazy, but I do like to eat!!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 15:32

BF:

24 hours?!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 19:30

BF:

Yes, I did OMAD for a month and ate only once a day. Very easy as I wasnt hungry.

Many people do something shorter, 18/6 , with 18 hours of fasting.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 19:49
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 250/215/180 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 50%

It's going to be a rollercoaster ride. But it'll go down. It just won't go down every day,
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-18, 03:06

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

So early in your weight loss journey, consider starting to Eat only when hungry, but not snacking. 2-3 meals a day. When you are a "fat-burner" you may have times you are just not hungry, maybe skipping breakfast or lunch. Check DietDoctor for some good basic articles on the types of fasting, or the Today show posted in Media. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=480938

Another long standing tip here, "know your plan”. Pick one of the books you read and strictly follow its induction rules. Having "various plans" leads to picking and choosing foods or rules you like, but may not work as well when combined.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-18, 05:20

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 249/152/149 Female 5'4"
BF:5'4", 71
Progress: 97%
Default So Well Said!

Exactly what. Needed to read this morning! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine

IT. IS. SLOW.

Weight loss is like paying off a massive debt. It's not going to be fast, even if you work a few overtime shifts here and there to help.

Let that two-year-old have its tantrum, then try to focus on the big picture. Mourn, but also try to be grateful that at least you know what the problem is and how to solve it. Also try to swallow that this has to be permanent. I find that a lot of people who are in a rush to lose the weight are actually just in a rush to be able to "eat normally again." Well, the SAD eating ain't normal. Choose health and choose it for good.

Best of luck.