Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 13:09

Plan: Atkins/KETO/IF
Stats: 370/163/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default How have you changed, what is different besides weight or size?

Wondering what other changes people are experiencing, or how things are different this time around.

I have noticed I am more willing to stand up for myself in the face of social pressure. (No, I do not have to share in the dessert in order to celebrate someone’s birthday. One bite of that (whatever sweet poison is being pushed) might not kill me, but it would mess me up for days.)

My boundaries are getting better. Nope is a great word. This has been difficult, but I am learning that I do not have to take on responsibility for people who are not trying to improve their own situation. I am still happy to help people who ask what I have done to lose weight or to improve my health.

I am getting rid of my biggest clothes. First time I have done that, I had always kept them “just in case.”

I now have a red line number on the scale, which I never did before.

Last edited by DancinGurl : Thu, Jul-19-18 at 13:24. Reason: oops
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 14:06

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Trying to buy better quality foods like grassfed meats and dairy. As part of a whole health approach rather than just weight loss. Which leads to:

Learn how to garden better, and raise fruit trees and bramble fruit.

THINKING about letting the larger clothes go-- a big step to actually consider this step.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 00:23

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

I think the thing I find most gratifying is my newfound personal freedom, in so many different aspects of daily life.

Freedom from chronic pain. Freedom from constant hunger. Freedom from the usual finger-wagging that I should eat less and move more. Freedom of choice when clothes shopping. Freedom to move and travel in comfort. Freedom to sleep on my stomach. Freedom to stand in a crowd without standing out.

Just... freedom.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 09:28

Plan: Atkins/KETO/IF
Stats: 370/163/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 96%

Yes to freedom and to other healthy choices! Making progress in losing weight encouraged me to try other things to improve my overall health. I found some good exercises * that have been helping with knee strengthening and pain reduction, as well as some supplements that have help reduce my knee pain (UC II type 2 collagen and black seed oil capsules, both recommended by Dr. Berg.) This allowed me to stop taking Celebrex. My increased mobility is allowing me to think about places I want to travel, so I have started saving to do that. Next time I take a plane trip, I will not need a seat belt extender and that will be a major Non Scale Victory. I have some weight still to lose, but I am determined to keep searching for ways to improve my health and to have more vitality.

* 10 Exercises & Tips for Knee Pain Relief
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxNO8ytjYh8
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 09:58

BF:

I have been thinking about what has changed for me---

Looking for a box to box up extra big clothes.

WIth sucess years ago ( held at 200 for a longggggg time and happy) I had shared the method with others, but it fell on deaf ears. I would like to help people see a better way.... Do we all bombard the public library bulletin boards with a flier??? Or hand a noteable book to a physician? Or the DIetDOctors 3 fold?

Years ago I met with the director of the school lunch program. She follows the guidlelines as directed by the federal government to get that supplemental funding. Carbage. I wont let my kids eat school lunches and plan to reduce carbs as of AUgust 1st.

I stopped picking up food from pantries. Fresh vegetables and meats is rare. All versions of carbbie foods.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 11:02

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

How Have I changed?
Still changing, But really have to re set and get my mind heading for goal.
Since Jan.1st gained 3 lbs.
I must get off and start back on loseing.
I started this road to weight and getting fit..2013~ 178{now 124]and was less. Hate that when I do that to self and fall
Even through now not over weight but still want to be 110 lbs and I hope I will get there.
I eat very healthy and we all know how.
But so easy to fall off track.
I have to get back into detoxing and exersiceing also.
and start watching cals .
My goal is also to be in the best shape and age as best as I can.
I have made that. But I see more that I can do.
Just having a hard time getting this weight down. and at times not careing.{But I do. any one else get like that/? ..
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 11:48

BF:

Quote:
Just having a hard time getting this weight down. and at times not careing.{But I do. any one else get like that/? ..

yup, that apathy is a bummer. It visits too often

Find a reason to stir your blood, and perk up your interest......I use the challenges for that, the My 5 pound challenge, or another one similar, or the 90day change your habit challenge...... or another one that stirs your blood.

Maybe a speciial outfit that is inspirational enough to kick start your interest..... and kick apathy out of the way.

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Fri, Jul-20-18 at 12:15.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 11:57

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/205/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I've started getting rid of a few - very few - of my fat clothes. I'll continue, as it becomes more real that I'll never wear them again, nice as they are. I've started getting rid of other stuff too, extra jars and bottles and small appliances and books. I'm still keeping too much food around here, another of my insecurities. That's going to be hard to let go of. And I still haven't realized that maybe I can do more than I've been able. Baby steps. Great question, thanks!

Meg
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 11:48

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I am beginning to organize my closet and to get rid of my fat clothes I no longer wear. Actually, even though I have lost 50 pounds I can still wear some of them.......though I don't want to.

I also retired a year ago, so I am going to get rid of the "work clothes" and pant suits that I no longer wear. I am a bit of a hoarder, so its difficult for me to get rid of stuff, but I've come to the point that I want to......I don't want to have to wear my "fat" clothes!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 11:59

BF:

Able to clean the house again.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 12:07

BF:

The craving for sweets is gone.

Just sometimes when watching the baking shows, I start to want a delicious treat. ANd fantasize !! THe problem is they never taste good anymore.