Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-20-16, 08:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Insulin lowering
Stats: 144/134/122 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default What milestones will you celebrate, and how?

I thought this would be a fun post. But thinking about it, I realize I didn't start this journey with any milestones in mind because I didn't expect to lose weight!

I guess the first goal was to fit into my existing clothes comfortably because I was busting out of them. I met that goal, and I guess I'm celebrating by sticking with Atkins, despite my continued skepticism. Not with Atkins, but with my body's ability to let go of the fat.

Another milestone will be to drop down a size. I will celebrate by buying new pants.

I will buy more fitted shirts and sweaters if I can lose some back fat.

I want to be able to wear above-the-knee skirts again without embarrassment. That will actually be a huge milestone for me, because I used to be a big skirt and fitted dress-wearer (the kind of dress that comes with a suit jacket - usually hits between the knees and midthigh). I will celebrate by pulling my skirts and dresses out of storage and maybe even buying tall boots.

Oh, and to tuck in a shirt! I'm embarrassed by my significant muffin top. I have wide hips even when I'm thin, so that's not always the best look for me, but I want to feel OK about it again. I will celebrate by buying shirts that are actually meant to tuck in.

Gosh, my rewards don't sound that exciting, do they! Maybe if I achieve all of my goals, I will buy myself a plane ticket to see my best friend who lives halfway across the country. Yes, that's what I'll do!

I see that none of my goals are pound-related. I'm starting to realize that I have no idea what "comfortable" might weigh. I mean, I was my current weight when I got married, and I was thin and sexy then! Rocked that bikini. I am all fat for the same pounds now. Truly. I think I may have been a regular strength-trainer back then. Took hour-long classes three days a week before work. Before kids ruled my schedule. I should strength-train again. Yep. I should. Uh huh. Yeah. So there's a new goal! To get myself motivated to lift weights again.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-20-16, 10:20

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I like your milestones. I also love the dropping of sizes in clothes, tucking shirts in for a change, and wearing mini's and bikini's.

I lifted for four months and then abruptly stopped ... not very happy with my lack of commitment. But I'm a lazy so-and-so LOL. Now I just walk. Gym is there when I decide to go back. If you find what motivates you to go back, LET ME KNOW!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-20-16, 10:53

Plan: LCHF/ketogenic
Stats: 163/132/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hi Lynn. Nice goals!! Mine have been mostly clothes related, too. Dropping sizes is great! I'm so happy to be back into my size 6 clothing, which is mostly what I have in quantity.

I also recently started to tuck shirts again and am trying to get committed to start strength training again. I did so once, about a week ago, and it really doesn't have to be a big time commitment. I just did 12 forward lunges, along with curls with 8 pound weights, then 12 side lunges and something else with arms, then 12 squats plus something with arms. I was sore for days. It's time to repeat. 5 minutes should do it. Eventually, I will do more sets, but this is enough to begin.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-21-16, 21:04

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 210/178.2/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

For me a big motivation was stopping binge eating and preventing diabetes. I haven't binged since starting LCHF (five months). Longest time in more than 20 years of abstaining of binge eating. I'm finally getting better. Slowly.