Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 20:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/215/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default flax seed

It was recommended that hot flashes could be helped with flax seed. So I read about flax seed and it is low in carbs. Has anyone else out there tried this, or found that it disrupts a LC lifestyle? I have not been consistent yet doing 2 TBS a day.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 20:25

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I uae it. It has almost no carbs. I prefer to grind it fresh to get all the good nutrients before they oxidize.

I read one source that indicated it contained a helpful estrogen that bound in the sites that estrogen does, but blocks the real mcCoy. Apparently a good thing for some women.

My plan is to include progesterone for balance.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 06:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/215/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Thanks for the input. I was on HRT for many years, at the lowest dose, but then it began to cause bleeding, so went off that. From what I read, also, it was low in carbs and high in protein. I'm hoping it helps.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 16:22

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

sounds like the dosage was a little off--but thankfully OTC options can work well enough.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-19, 09:36

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I love flax. I use it to make a one-minute-mug-muffin. It is so low in carbs, you look twice at the nutritional info because you can't hardly believe it.

Mix in one egg, about 1/4 cup flaxmeal, pinch of salt, 2 splendas (or your preference), dash of cinnamon, 1 tbsp of butter or coconut oil, or your preferred fat, some baking soda, and then you can add in other things as you like-- a few blueberries, coconut flakes, almond/vanilla/butter extract, whatever you like. Pour into a coffee mug and depending on your microwave, it only takes about 1 minute for it to cook. You can let it cool and then smother it with some creamed cheese you've made into a cream cheese frosting. The 1 minute mug muffin has saved me so many times.