Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-18, 19:13

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbydeb
How did y’all get to where it became easier?

Shortly after I stopped hating myself for what I did and didn't do.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-18, 20:00
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
Shortly after I stopped hating myself for what I did and didn't do.
Wow! So good.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-18, 07:52

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have known of people who did LC eating convenience foods. Did they eat nuggets and fries with a big milkshake? No. They'd order a double burger, ditch the bun, a side salad with plenty of full fat dressing to go with it, and since it's all about the carbs, order either a diet drink or water to drink.

Five Guys will serve your bunless burger in a "bowl", and they have several LC toppings in their list of free toppings, so have as many of those on it as you like.

If you can't handle prepping on a day off work (and reheating for meals throughout the week), there's still plenty of food that requires no prep - the aforementioned rotisserie chicken, can of tuna, pre-made salads, individual serving veggies - there's even frozen cauliflower rice and mashed cauliflower available these days. So simple - no prep, just nuke and eat.

Is this ideal? Will a purist LCer eat like this? Probably not, unless they're in a time bind or away from home and kitchen, and just need something to eat when there are no other choices available. But it's still LC to eat this way - it doesn't need to be perfect and purist, just LC.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-18, 12:33

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Fair point, Calianna.

Diet Doctor recently put up an article on fast food options when lowcarbing. I personally still eat KFC on a semi-regular basis, though strictly the original recipe pieces only.

It's not stuff I'd want to rely on on an ongoing basis, but the options are out there nevertheless.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-18, 08:44
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I try to cook for a few days ahead. Lately I've been buying big fillets of salmon and cooking it up (with some marinade). Then I whack off a piece and have it in salad, or heated and with a veggie side. Sometimes I do the same with chicken. When I'm short on time I'll go the rotisserie chicken route. This doesn't need to be all that complicated.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-18, 16:18
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

For that issue I rely on beef jerky made locally, boiled eggs or pemmican. Had to give up most nuts even though I like em
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-18, 09:07

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

I know this is a privilege of my class, and a reflection of my generation, but I am willing to spend more on convenience.
For example, I often buy bagged salad, precut veggies, precooked chicken or chicken sausages. sometimes I even buy the bag of hardboiled eggs or preportioned nuts, etc....Yes it's more expensive, but much cheaper than delivery and it keeps me eating healthfully.
I also keep a lot of healthy jerky, preportioned almond butter and such around to just grab.
I know not everyone can afford this stuff, but if you are eating out less bc you are now low carb, you might have money for it. And as mentioned, a rotisserie is dirt cheap and super convenient.

Last edited by Robin120 : Sun, Jul-15-18 at 04:41.