Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 09:15

Plan: Protein Power/Primal
Stats: 290/257/180 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Anyone tried Metabasol?

Looking for anyone who has tried metabasol. Did it work for you? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 18:35

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

I have yet to see anyone write any rave reviews.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-04-11, 16:04
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 136/129/115 Female 61.5"
BF:26%/22%/21.7%
Progress: 33%

I took advantage of the giveaway of the expired supply on the Protein Power blog and am currently on my 5th day. So far I am very impressed - I've been stalled at 128 pounds since September 2010, and as of today I'm finally down to 127. I'm doing it in conjunction with the 6 Week Cure and it seems to give that diet a little extra punch.

I'll post a full review when I reach goal weight.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-04-11, 20:30
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I started to try it, but I ended up with some really bad diarrhea. I'm not 100% positive it was the metabosol, there were a number of other things that could have caused it. I'll retry again in a bit.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-11, 19:20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I started to try it, but I ended up with some really bad diarrhea. I'm not 100% positive it was the metabosol, there were a number of other things that could have caused it. I'll retry again in a bit.

I had a couple of days with the same problem and blamed all the whey protein you have to eat with the 6 Week Cure. But my body adapted, and things are now humming along perfectly. I'm currently 1.5 pounds below my previous stall point after 10 days on 6WC/Metabosol.

You know, with all the controversy on the paleo blogs about esoterica like "safe starches," "food reward," and now Chris Kresser is warning us about the dangers of coconut oil, it's too tempting to write off the Eades's hardcore very low carb diet plan as old school. I'm now on my second go round with 6WC after getting distracted by all those other bright shiny things and somehow adopting the delusion that as a 52-year-old post-menopausal woman with years of lowfat dieting and NSAID abuse behind me, I can somehow lose weight while eating 50+g a day of starch--not! And I've learned to never again underestimate Dr. Eades.

Good luck, Nancy, let us know how you do on your second try.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-11, 19:52
Experimenter

BF:

I've been taking it once a day now for a few days. I think perhaps it wasn't the metabosol. I'll try to increase the dose to 2x.

I'm in the maintenance phase of my hcg diet, so I don't really expect to lose anything, although sometimes I do anyway!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-11, 08:36
Registered Member

I've been taking Metabosol for 31 days. I posted the following review on Dr. Eades's blog and thought I'd share it here:

There’s another tip that Dr. Eades won’t talk about here because he doesn’t “hard-sell” his products, but I will: found the Eades’s Metabosol product really helpful in losing those stubborn last 10 pounds. I know everybody’s skeptical of “weight loss formulas,” but I needed a boost. Low carb alone got me from 135 to 129 in September 2010 but I just couldn’t get below that. Starting June 1, 2011, I made another run at it, same diet but with Metabosol this time, and in 31 days I went from 129 to 121.5 – within 3.5 pounds of my goal weight. I’m 52 and post-menopausal, so I can be considered a tough case.

I kept detailed records of what I ate and my pounds and measurements. My diet approach for weight loss is around 70% fat, 28% protein, and 2% carb (about 6g per day), following the 6 Week Cure schedule. I tried 60%-38%-2% and couldn’t see a lot of difference, probably because it’s still pretty high fat. I did a couple of 49%-49%-2% days and stalled afterward, but I didn’t do it often enough to rule out coincidence.

Question for Dr. Eades when you’re off the road: I have a trick I’ve discovered with Metabosol, where I get up and take it at 4 a.m. on an empty stomach and then go back to sleep for four hours. When my sleep is really deep and restful, I get up and find that I’ve lost .5 to 1.5 pounds between 4 a.m. and 9 a.m. (It stays off, too!) Is there any medical basis for this?

Needless to say, I’m very happy about the way I look and wearing clothes I haven’t worn since 2002.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-11, 09:47
Experimenter

BF:

It did turn out to be the metabosol that was causing my diarrhea. I might give it another shot before I entirely give up.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-11, 09:52
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
It did turn out to be the metabosol that was causing my diarrhea. I might give it another shot before I entirely give up.

Sorry to hear that! The stuff does work. I've definitely noticed changes in my bowel habits, but nothing I can't put up with until I get to my goal weight.

Nancy, are there any especially good threads on the forum about maintaining weight loss? I'm afraid that as soon as I start eating vegetables again I'll start seeing the pounds creep back up.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-11, 09:05

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyC
Sorry to hear that! The stuff does work.
I tried metabosol too at one point, but it didn't do squat for me. I finished up the entire cannister of it, while maintaining my diet, but didn't lose a single pound.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Dec-17-11, 03:45

Plan: Low carb, high fat keto
Stats: 310/212/183 Male 6'0"
BF:D
Progress: 77%

Well, if it contains sugar alcohols, like a lot of things that end in "ol" do, then it very likely would be the cause of diarrhea.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-02-12, 14:47
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

I'm very impressed with the performance of Metabosol. i'm a tracker and logger. I have used it for 3 months, and feel quite confident that it has sped up my rate of loss from previous weight loss efforts.

I personally haven't had any issues with it causing diarrhea. I know we're all different in that respect. Sorry it does that to you, Nancy.

I'm doing hCG right now, and don't take the metabosol while on hCG, but here's something I wrote to a journal buddy on March 8th, about my results with Metabosol.
Quote:
I really think it's helping me. I mean, I've lost 31 pounds in 9 weeks. I've never lost that fast in my life! I'm eating the exact same way I ate in 2006-08 when I lost the 130 pounds, and then it took me 12 weeks to lose 31 pounds, and that was from a higher starting weight (310)...AND that was before menopause! so I don't know what else could explain why I'm losing so fast now after 3 solid years of no ability to lose whatsoever, except the Metabosol does what it claims.
Just an idea for you. i know it's expensive, so I wouldn't suggest it if I suspected it was bs.

Here's an interesting blog post of his (Dr. Eades) where he talks about the research he did in developing it. Note the date is back in 2011. They were out of stock then, but it is available now.
http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/...loss/metabosol/