Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-02, 22:36
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 197/187/165
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default message for Tara

Hi Tara,
I sent a message to your hotmail address. I hope you still have it! Really want to ask you some questions so I hope you can spare the time to reply.. If you prefer not to do it, please tell me and I'll repost here. Can't get your website to work either - very frustrating! PLease tell me the secret. Thanks Sally
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 16:56

Plan: Atkins / Low Carb
Stats: 308/298/143 Female 163cm
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Darrell Lea Chocolate

I love the Darrell Lea chocolate covered macadamia's... but to my disappointment.. I went to buy my chocolate macadamia's for Christmas to be told that they have become a discontinued line.. I was furious.. and almost lost my cool with the girl in the shop saying is she serious.. How could they do this to me (US).. I feel deprived now

I loved them

Karen
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 05:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184.5/180.4/135 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Yes....the blighters!!! They could have at least waited until after Christmas!!

Hard to imagine they weren't selling when the pork krackle section of my supermarket is often sold out. There must be a heap of low carbers out there somewhere.

Nevermind. There are some great recipes for the zero carb chocolate in the recipe section.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 19:05

Plan: my own
Stats: 149/150/130 Female 159cm
BF:30%/27%/18%
Progress: -5%
Default Hooray for Lindt 70%cocoa

I am so pleased to see that other people are eating the Lindt dark chocolate....it is really good chocolate. I have been eating it as my only chocolate source for months and months. All other choclate tastes pretty *Blah* to me now.... it also is very dark and there fore contains valuable antioxidants.... and can boost your seratonin levels. I used to be a *maajor * chocholic...i'm talking a 200g block in a night... but the Lindt choc has stopped that.. I savour my on sqaure and don't want anymore....' cos it's soooo rich. I have had a 100g bar in my fridge for about a month now and it's only half gone! Good to see more people eating small amounts of quality *real* food.
Keep it up!
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 18:14

Stats: 123/113/105
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default Darryl Lee Low Carb

Hi

I tried the zero carb daryl lee chocalate and thought it tasted great. So much so that I ate the whole block in one go. Well two hours later I was in agony with stomach cramps and bloating. This lasted for about 6 hours, and the whole time I thought I was about to explode with an unfortunate incident.

My advice would be eat only in small amounts.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 20:47
Registered Member

Stats: 162.8/147.4/121
BF:33%/33%/??
Progress: 37%
Smile So it's not Cadbury's but...

It's a great substitute for LCers.

I took your advice bennejo and stuck to a couple of pieces, but somehow I think it will all be gone by the end of the day!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 04:06

Plan: CAD/sureslim
Stats: 275/?/190
BF:
Progress: 9%

I too thought I had discovered a gold mine when I found some Darryl Lea zero carb chocolate. I bought a bar and sort of enjoyed it..felt a bit ripped off as it wasn't as nice as the real stuff but was happy to compromise....until a couple of hours later well it certainly works well as a quick laxative.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 18:41

Stats: 122/116/75
BF:
Progress:
Default Nice to have options...

I went and bought the Darrell Lea choc yesterday....I thought it was pretty good, handy to have around if a craving hits. Also bought the choc coated macadamias, but haven't been game to open the pack as I don't know if I could stop at one!
And I will definitely have to invest in some of the low carb muffin mix thats available on various websites. I like options!
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 21:13

Stats: 116/110/58
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs down Darrel Lea Zero Carb Chocolate Bars

Hi all,
My first post. I bought up big on Darrell Lea Zero Carb Bars to my detriment. My weight loss stalled for the past 2 weeks and, silly me, I couldn't figure out why. I dropped the Zero Carb Bars and the end of the next day - one kg dropped. So now I look lovingly at the Zero Carb Bars in my office drawer but don't touch.

And, get this, I was only eating 2 squares a day because on the 3rd square I would get terrible pains, gas and diahorrea. And, like others have mentioned, I did get back the sweet tooth - not terribly but enough to keep me wanting to eat my 2 squares a day.

So I'll just keep the Zero Carb Bars for grating a bit of chocolate on the cream on my decaf from now on.

Great forum!
  #25   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 15:30

Stats: 255/242/180
BF:
Progress: 17%
Thumbs up

I've just had my first experience with the Lindt 85% bar - fabulous! Not too sure of the carb content - I'm guessing around 3g per square - but that's enough for me.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 17:14
Registered Member

Stats: 203/171/150 Female 173 cm
BF:
Progress: 60%
Smile

I discovered a goldmine the other day when i went to have a look at my local confectionary shop (Dunedin NZ) and discovered 2 brands of low carb belgium chocolate - tastes just like the real thing - and they have flavours like praline , milk , dark ets. It has about 10g per 100gms so i was thrilled