Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-06, 01:15

Plan: Healthy carbs:)
Stats: 157/157/119.9 Female 65
BF:Enough!
Progress: 0%

might be just a shock on the body. I have been there before and know that feeling stinks. I think it should pass. Just take care and be good to yourself and it shouldn't last that long. I am actually on day 2 of induction...but I'm coming back from binge eating. I feel great to have some control! lol
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-06, 22:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/144/135 Female 5' 5'
BF:
Progress: 64%

today, I weight myself and lost 4 pounds, I know that just water, but is that ok? or 5 more pounds and hit a plateau!! again!!! I keep it for 1 month and then the 5 pounds are back, and I need to lose 20 pounds!!!!!.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-06, 23:31
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by naty07
hi, everybody, I BEEN doing induction for 5 day, i been feeling great, even though I'm with PMS- but today I couldn't control myself and ate something i couldn't resist, why i could not resist temptation of certain foods????. HELP!!!
When I really want chocolate, I have a sugar free bar. I also follow a very simple rule - "You bite it, you write it." I can have the bar, but I have to put it in my food journal and have the calories and carbs staring me in the face. Sometimes seeing the numbers stops me, and if not, then it's still there to remind me to cut back the next day.

Honestly, I couldn't live without sugar free chocolate bars. They've kept me on the straight and narrow when I want to go binge on sugar.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-06, 23:35
Registered Member

BF:

Oh, and if at ALL possible, get all "illegal" food out of your house. You can't eat what's not there. This has saved me before.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 00:09

BF:

today, I really wanted something sweet, but I could control that craving, anyway I ate a can of tuna and 2 tbsp mayo.after that I felt satisfied , but I'm still thinking of sweet things!!!.I'm really feeling the restriction but I look in the mirror and I feel good, but sometimes I don't feel like it worth it, even when people tell me that i'm doing great; this is the first week of induction and it harder than before WHY???????
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 04:43

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi, Naty. I don't consider myself a sweet-aholic, but occasionally I do find myself thinking a lot about sweet stuff. Usually, a few days of SF Jell-o help me with that. I also bought some individually wrapped Lindt 70% dark chocolate squares. One of those takes the edge off. Warning: not for "chocoholics." If you know you can't stop with just one, don't start.
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 09:18

BF:

last night, I couldn't sleep and I wanted something sweet, so I ate a whole package of chocolate cookies with a glass of milk, after that I really felt guilty. and this morning I'm bloated, with gases and a headache, of course my body reminds me about last night!!!! and I feel like a failure.
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 15:26
Registered Member

BF:

Get the cookies out of the house - no one should be eating them, low-carb or not! Get rid of the milk if possible too.
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 17:20

BF:

yes, you're right. I ate them because I knew they were there, but My kids and my husband eat them too,not all the time and not the whole package like me,but I don't crave the ice-cream in the fridge , i have a thing for this cookie!!!, I was skinny all my life, I gained weight during my second pregnancy I lost weight after that but its hard for me now, to give up certain food that I ate all my life without worries, WHY ITS SO HARD!!!!!
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 19:56
Registered Member

BF:

If you have a "thing" for this one cookie, then let them know that they could help you by eating other sweets. Cookies aren't good for anybody anyway. Do you do the shopping? Don't buy them. Really, it will help you!
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Jul-02-06, 22:44

BF:

I think, finally I'd learned about low carb eating, because now, before I eat something I think if I eat this cookie, I going to feel bloated and miserable, so instead I eat real food. but the most important thing I also realized is my will. I can resist cravings now!!!!!!!!.Makes me feel so strong!!!!!
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Jul-02-06, 22:54
Registered Member

BF:

Right on! One of the beauties of low-carb is that without the cravings, sweets are easier to resist. Plus, I think about how I will gain weight and knock myself out of ketosis.
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 11:45

BF:

today, for breakfast I had atkins advantage chocolate mocha crunch bar, I concern about the calories, do I skip lunch and wait to eat until dinner, or do I eat a snack instead .
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 16:40
Registered Member

BF:

You need to eat.

And be careful with the bars. They stall a lot of people.
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 19:21
Registered Member

Plan: Carbs not
Stats: 159/124/130 Female 67 inches
BF:Playing the field
Progress: 121%

Oh Liddie, I'm sorry about your loss. You deserve better! There is someone out there for you if you want it (him). It. Him. You know what I mean.

Honey, I'm 47 and still single. I'm seeing someone currently, but I never know where these things end up.

Hang in there. Keep us posted, too!

Hair