Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 11:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 330/310/235 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default upping my gole? maby

Hay all, I think I set my gole to low. I had been at 200 210 once and it took a lot to get there and I dont think I was supper happy. I am starting to remember that I was content at 230-235, any one have any suggestions? I am 6ft and (the best word to discribe me was used by a friend "thick") I havent hit any lifting equipment in a loooong time, and I just whent to the gym and was still abel to "stack" the equipment and most of the leg stuff I could do sets and reps. So any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 11:49

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post Having a goal is good...

...but it's just a number that you can change at any time.

I bet you'll find that the further into your LC experience you get, you'll find yourself making many adjustments. Even though you say you were comfortable at 235 in the past, you might find that this time around you have energy and LC experience and education pushing you to go lower. Who knows?

My goal weight is high by some people's standards, but I recall feeling good about my appearance and size at that weight and I like to be a bit on the beefy side. So I wouldn't worry too much about numbers just yet.

In any event, post whatever number you want, and change it any time you see fit.

Good luck!

Donald
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 12:30

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yep, I agree with Donald. Weight is but a number on a scale, might as well say XYZ for all it really matters. How you feel is much more important.

Congrats on getting back into the gym Building even more lean mass will make losing that fat happen faster!

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 15:33

Stats: 330/310/235 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 21%

Thanks guys, a lil at a time then go from there. Next gole is 280 first was 300 and I hope that will be by this fri/sat.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 17:30
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 268/198/205
BF:
Progress: 111%
Default Don't be afraid to go for it

I wouldn't be afraid to set your goal weight lower if that's what you want. You've got to feel comfortable, but I've found that I re-set my goal weight lower twice, hoping to fit into more conventional clothes and to be able to pick up some speed on the tennis court. I think if you can make successful changes to your lifestyle, you'll find that maintaining your weight is easier than you think and you'll be happy.