Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 07:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 334/313/200
BF:
Progress: 16%
Question Can I drink walmart flavored water

I have been on "ALCD" now for about a 3 weeks and have lost about 15 pounds. I have been drinking diet cola for 10 years now and Continued after starting the diet. Now after reading some other people post, I see that caffiene can cause problems. Can any one tell me if I can drink the flavored water that you can buy from Walmart, there is no caffiene in it, so is it ok?

I am also looking for a penpal buddy to Email back and forth with as a form of mutual. You can write me at bbates~radcafe.com

Brian
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 17:25

Stats: 452/386/200 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Brian,

Welcome to the forums!

If it's the same Walmart water we have around these parts (Clearly American or something like that) it has aspartame in it. In Atkins new book he says to avoid aspartame due to possible health considerations. In some folks consuming artificial sweetners can cause a stall in their weight loss. I ocassionally drink the Walmart water and have not had any problems. I prefer, however, to stay with Diet Rite which is sweetened with Splenda. Remember to get all of your water in and not count anything but good old water. Feel free to email me anytime, but keep coming by the forums. The people here are great and the support that they give is the best.

Best of Luck!
Mark
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 18:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 234/176/134
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default addicted to "wal-mart water"

I just love the stuff. Mango peach is my favorite. I am using walmart water to ween myself off the diet coke I was guzzling down. I could live without the caffeine but I missed the fizz. My weight loss has slowed down so I think I will have to begin adding just plain old, no fizz water.
Good luck,
carolyn
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 11:07

Plan: Rich's New Diet
Stats: 532/395/300 Male 6"6"
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi Brain. I drink the WalMart water all the time and I don't have a problem with it at all. I was drinking at least 1, 1-liter bottle of Diet Pepsi a day, but since I went to The Flavored waters I have now limited my Diet Pepsi's to around 2 or 3 a week. I do recommened you keep drinking regular Water at least 1 gallon a day.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 18:48

Stats: 283/268/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Drinks

Hi all. I've been drinking flavored seltzer. I did not know that Diet Rite is made with Splenda! I'm going to have to check that out!