Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#931   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-22, 04:05

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Lori- urghhhhhh on hemorrhaging money this month! IT seems like I have too with this move! Some months are fine then bam the biggies stuff rolls around. Lucky for you it was just a battery. However, 100 here than there and here and there add up!
I am glad with Betty in the Truck and all it must not have been super hot like it is here. It's oppressive.

Hey if you can do a Phala video and work it to get the results you need go for it! You are right about winter around the corner! Amazing to think about that again!

How did your water lines work out?

Nic- I too was wondering on your C+ status? How is the DS23 fairing with it? Safe travels today- I know you are on your way back (I think). Do you take the Big bridge in every time? Gosh I hate that bridge. Isn't it the largest in the US?

How is your WOE doing?

Trig- Thinking about you today! Any word on the RV about getting it fixed up? I wonder what hit it.
------------------------------------------------------------
Shorty for me.
Yesterday was me sitting in a small office all day with the door shut (to avoid hearing the screaming lady down the hall). I was working on putting together a binder with resources for discharge planning, with companies, and phone numbers ect. Truly that was it.
Today I will "sit" and watch someone.

I am looking hard and submitted 7 resumes yesterday. I will be there until NEXT happens. It will trust me on that. No more whining and moaning about it. I am past that- and now doing what needs to happen for me.

I am looking for the silver lining. Yes I was most certainly LIED to during my interview. I directly ask what type of floor I would be working on and she said post op ortho. So I did ask her yesterday why she told me that when there is no ortho floor where patients stay over night. She said "I just knew you would love it here when you came". FLAT out bait and switch. Honestly I was chatting with my son about this and he said that some businesses do that to get people in the door. Then they are stuck there for a minute, or stay. It is unethical, wrong, almost illegal, but it would come down to a he said she said scenario. She followed up her statement by saying "we are thrilled you are here". I was seething. Bait and switch, ahhh the American way.

Yeah, I wanted to share what happened to bring me to this point and WHY I am so ticked about it. I hate deception. It would be different if she had said" We are going to have you up in the ICU and MICU and working the Covid floors and are paying more for it". Had she been honest when I was very specific in asking, I would have turned it down right off the bat and I think she knew that.

So now I have a lovely roof over my head in a great location. If I had to come back to Atlanta, this is where I would have chosen anyway. So I do like this area. I was thinking last night how warm and cozy my apt. is. I have made it MY space very quickly and just love my kitchen. For an apt. it is not huge, but the space is well used! I have an office, and a separate bedroom. I could easy peasy work from here! IT is very comfortable for just me and the pupper.

I am up 1/2 pound = up 1 pound from low. I was up yesterday too. The heat, stress, salt, cortisol, all the above???
It is tipping high 90's with indexes to 110+ it is oppressive. The air is stagnate and you can see the summer smog and humidity.
It is expected to stay in this pattern all the way until next weekend.
When it gets this hot near the beach there is ocean breeze. Nothing is blowing here, dead air. They are telling people to stay in. Also pets and kids are at risk with hot concrete. It melts tires too. That kind of heat. They made a joke about it on the radio and are playing "The Heat is On" every morning until this breaks. Now that is funny.

Time for another cup of coffee and a browse through Indeed/ and Zip before I head out.
Back later!

Have a good day!
Sponsored Links
  #932   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-22, 04:06

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Had to haul my butt out of bed early this morning as we have an early tee time(8AM). I'll have to be in the car by 7:15. We had t-storms at about 3:30 this morning, but hoping they are over now. I think it's possible that we'll have another quick storm in about an hour and then more this evening. Tis the season, I guess.

Miracle of miracles.....the water treatment system needed no parts or anything. It still cost me $150 for the 5 minutes they were here to test it. Sigh......what are you gonna do?

I'll be back this afternoon and check on you all. I have to get moving now and eat some breakfast and shotgun another cup of coffee.

Have good days!
  #933   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-22, 09:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey friends!

Jaz- DS23 just tested again and still positive so his weekend plans are out. Frees me up some though. DH and I will be testing this afternoon. We both feel fine but just want to rule it out.

I'll be staying in DE until Sunday with DH now that I don't need to get back for DS. I will need to get back for Grandkitty care though. The bridge doesn't bother me in the least and in fact I have come to really enjoy it. My fave is when it is trafficky and I can look out at the water!

I'm sorry that your current employer was certainly less than honest. I am glad that you like your apartment and living situation though- that helps a great deal in your plan moving forward to finding something else. I would think that a metro area like ATL has a lot of need but not sure how much of it would be all virtual.

Lori- Yay for not having to pay for a bunch of repairs or anything. 150$ is still not cheap, but at least it is done and dusted!

We had storms moving in for several hours here and a big temp drop- did you have that too?

Hey Trig, just know I'm thinking about you, Girlie. xoxox

••••••••••

So I am living in the Land of Limbo lately it seems. My plans were hinging on DS23's plans, but now I am guessing he is likely staying in NYC for the full weekend which will free me up to stay here.

My SIL and nephew may be here Friday night, depends on the results of DH's and my test this afternoon.

We enjoyed a very nice beach outing yesterday afternoon and ate dinner on the beach as well. Off plan for me but yummy and I did not overeat or gorge myself. Scale STS at about 3# above 2022 low, and not surprising in the least either.

No much else to add. Temps are low right now after some big ole storms rolled through. I'm currently in a thin sweatshirt and joggers with temps at 68º and cloudy but I think they are expected to rise. Tmrw is supposed to be crazy hot and then drop back to upper 70s or so I think.
  #934   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-22, 16:19

BF:

Oh the stuff that happens.....this morning when I left for the golf course, my tire pressure light was on. After golf I stopped at the butcher shop deli and got some chix salad for DH and then on to our mechanic. A huge bolt in the middle of one of my brand new tires! Good grief. I had to leave it there for the afternoon, so I tried to call DH.....no answer. When he's on the mower, he can't hear his phone. I had the bag of food, so decided to just start walking home as it wasn't too hot out. I got about 3 blocks into my 2 mile walk and the bottom broke out of the bag and an $8 tub of chix salad hit the pavement and grass along the sidewalk. Luckily the whole lid didn't pop off, but there were some grass clippings on top of chix salad. I gathered up the few items and kept trudging along, calling DH every few minutes. I finally got him and he picked me up about 1/2 way home. I was fit to be tied. I had just old sandals on, nothing that I would ever walk much distance in, but feet seem ok. Went and picked up my car around 3. Still irked about a hole in a brand new tire....where on earth did I pick up a freakin' bolt??????

Anyway.....that was my day. Nothing tragic or terribly important......just a sh!tshow of a day!
  #935   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-22, 03:32

BF:

Good Morning!

Another day.......let's hope for no mishaps today. We have a 9:30 tee time, so I have a bit more time to putter around this morning. Why I got up at 4:30 is the question? We had some nasty t-storms right after we went to bed last night, but thankfully they were in the distance and not terribly close. Enough to keep us awake anyway. We only got a few drops of rain, just a lot of noise and flashing.

---------

Trig....Thinking of you. Be gentle with yourself.

Jaz.....It's Friday for the working girl. I know you're looking forward to the weekend.

Nic....I hope you and DH continue to feel well. I'm glad you had some good beach time and dinner on the beach sounds awesome!

--------

DH's brother is coming today and staying until Sunday. Our grandson's graduation party is tomorrow evening, so he's coming for that. I was hoping he wouldn't come until tomorrow morning, but he'll be here for 2 nights. His prowling around the house at night creeps me out. He was better the last time he was here, so hoping for the best. He's also coming for 1 night next weekend. He'll be in town for a Veteran's parade(he's in it-Viet Nam vet). The following week my sister is coming for 4 nights. Busy times around here!
  #936   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-22, 03:33

BF:

Lori- did your tire not have a warranty? Seems you just got it?!?!?!? I am shocked no free replacement.

OMG on dropping the food bag- that is SO SO SO something I can see me doing. Sh!t all over the pavement and scrambling to pick it up. Hobbling back home and IRKED to the max hubby is not answering! Oh heck ya! I see it!
THANK goodness you do not have the weather I have. It is 100+ heat indexes and I sweat walking to my car. OPPRESSIVE and MISERABLE.

My neighbor and I were going to go to the center square in our town for music and "food truck Friday! - NOPE- to hot to breathe. We both took a pass on that. I might just ask her over for a ladies night in. I dunno, I might just need a relax night.

Nic- yikes on DS with C+ still. Is he symptomatic? I'm glad though it frees up your weekend!

Hey Trig- I hope today is a good one for you! Lordy knows you need some down time!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Not much doing here.
Work, eat, job hunt, walk dog, sleep, repeat.

Still up that one pound! Urghhhhh- I want it gone and it can take two with it! HAHAHAHAH

Beef stew in slow cooker- will be good. I love having food ready after work.

nothing else- counting down my hours until I can collapse in my over stuffed chair. BTW- Ruger loves that chair! We fight over it.
  #937   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-22, 04:49

BF:

Jaz......Yeah, tire warranty, but not a new one......patch, which I'm not happy about, but they assured me it will be fine. Just a PITA.
  #938   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-22, 13:25

BF:

Hey y'all!

Trig- Thinking of you, my friend. xoxo

Jaz- Good thing it is a two-seater chair. Room for both of you!

I know you are going to be worn out after working this week. It is a big adjustment for sure.

Lori- OMG about the tire and bag breaking. I would have been saying some very choice words, very loudly!!

How do you do with company coming (that isn't your sister, or your BIL?) There is just something about other people in the house. I swear I was not always like this but I think as I've gotten older I've gotten more stuck in my ways, you know?

••••••••••

Hot hot HOT today here and I am hiding inside. I spent an hour or two on the porch early this morning and that was it. My SIL and nephew are here for an overnight bc of his lax tourney in DE tmrw. They went to the pool for a bit and then we are all going to go out to dinner.

I will get my porch time in tmrw though- only a high in the 70s so that will be perfect for me!

DH and I have decided to jointly go on a 'diet clean up' after this weekend. We are both portly little sausages and we need to get a grip!
  #939   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-22, 04:46

BF:

Good Morning!

Good grief, what a night. I think I was up 3 times. As you mentioned Nic, having "people" in the house really messes with your sleep. I'm always on alert listening for them. BIL has a new thing......he talks in his sleep.....loudly. Early this morning I heard him saying "Oh my God, Oh my God!" When he's not talking he's moaning and then he's up to the bathroom every couple hours. Sigh...... We have DGS's graduation party this afternoon at 4:30 and then BIL said he might go home......please God, let it be. I need a good night's sleep.

Jaz......hope you have a good weekend before you have to face another work week.

Trig......Biggest hugs!

Nic.....Hope you had a nice evening with your company and a good dinner out.

Time for me to fly!
  #940   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-22, 06:48

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I checked and and following you guys but energy level is nil still for me now.

brain dead here.

his mom is in new hospital, looks like? no dialysis since they got her more balanced but now new heart and kidney Drs are gonna look at her but her breathing is still very bad. she is in, for how long?

I just cancelled our trip. leaving Wed for a week at the lake campsite right on the water but that ain't happening. I could barely even bring myself to hit the cancellation button

While I worry on all fronts of MIL and me handling my crap etc. it is just I am falling into a massive funk. big azz funk

I told kiddo that I would fund a day at Carowinds for her and her friend. Pay for meals and all. That perked her up, or another option was fund a day for both at Wet N Wild waterpark. Their choice but I feel better offering her that at least.

I am losing big time with her ya know cause college is looming and I planned trips to let her make more memories and now they are all getting cancelled more and everything just seems 'so off' on how I wanted to do my last few times left like this ya know. I am just having my own pity part I guess!

broke my front tooth last night. yea Friday at 5. Can we say great timing on that one HA 2 small little chunks came off the back side and it isn't 'chipped' and shows no issues, the back has a hole and I HOPE they can 'just bond' the damn thing and be done, or cap? shoot me

I don't know........just wanna crawl in a hole.
just the mood I am in. I know I gotta pull myself up but finding it harder to do I guess.

be good all, just a sad little check in til I can get my mood bumped up some

thanks for your replies in email!! XO to you all, such good support and I appreciate it. tough times, well they are just that, and funks, well they are just that but we all get thru!!
  #941   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-22, 07:56

BF:

Good Saturday!

Lori
- OMG no offence but your BIL would drive me crazy. I just could not do the middle of the night roaming and not the talking! Can you not talk to your hubby and suggest that he stay in a hotel or something when he comes? How far out does he live from you? If it is like an hour or even hour and half he can take his butt home!

When is SIS coming?!?!?!? That is a better question! I hope you have fun with GS graduation! I never liked those- but it's one of those things we all do, like family reunions!
Are you serving lunch or dinner?

Nic-
- you too are playing hostess this weekend. Thankfully you all are going to dinner! It is a short trip!
You know I too am to the point in life I just LOVE MY SPACE. At the end of the day I want quiet, and my space the way I like it. Just me and the pup and it is good! I get peopled out (more on that below!).

How is DS and C+? Thankfully you did not get it and all is well.

Trig- saving your spot! I am hoping things are working out as they are supposed to.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Well I can't believe I got through a week. I was ready to walk out after day ONE. I struggled to know if I wanted to go back.
I don't like being deceived. She got me in there: Her comment was "I knew you would love it when you got here".

So I am meeting my peers and staff. They are very sweet and kind people. I do "SEE" where this is a family type of work place. People here work together and there does not seem to be back stabbing, or neg talk about other co-works. They genuinely like working there and with each other. They are very welcoming to me. This is tough, I might "see I like it". Jury is still out but now I am a bit more open as it is important to like who you work with.

I actually might like the actual work too- as it what I do when I work as a discharge planner in facilities, and they use software I have used before. Their processes are very familiar to me. I might just keep "looking" but give this 30 days and get off orientation and see how it goes.

Things are actually falling into place. Ruger is getting comfortable with day camp and they are VERY GOOD with him. He gets to play with other dogs and is not confined to a crate all day. They also give him "rest time" where he has a cubbie and a cot and water in the AC= priceless. I can focus on my work and not worry about getting home or feel guilty about leaving him in a cage all day.

My commute is 8 minutes to doggie camp and 15 minutes from there to my desk. That includes drive and walking in and up to the 3 floor. NO traffic as I am back streets and no highways. It is literally a circle.
Last night I got off at 5, had Ruger in the car at 5:12, stopped and had Instacart dropped in my trunk (grocery's) and was home by 5:35! I had pot roast in my slow cooker, so dinner was done. I had me fed, him fed and dishes done and put away by 6 and was ready to R&R in my cozy space. I did have a moment of gratitude for it all.

I will say though that is position is very in your face people. It is a very busy place and the case manager is sort of the driver for the patient and the families and the staff. So EVERYONE wants to talk to you about the needs. It can be overwhelming if you let it. I was so tired last night I was just "peopled" out and wanted so down and quiet time. It was nice.

Today I am working to get my closet and office finally the last bit organized. Both are functional but not the way I want it to be. Tidy it up.

Super HOT HOT HOT here.
Going out with my mom and her husband and buying as my way of saying thank you for assisting me in the move. I will meet them at the restaurant. We are going to Fish Tales, on Lake Lanier. It has a lake view and you can watch all the boats come in while you are eating. I always get grilled PLAIN grouper and a side salad, and DONE! Not a WOE breaker!

Speaking of- BACK down to my low and SO ready for that to keep moving down a few more! Three more pounds would put me in a "new" bracket of ten pound blocks!
90's
80's
70's
60's ect ect ect you get the picture.
I am now well into the 100's now as opposed to the scale hitting 200+
I am keeping my stats up to date.

Anyway- time for more coffee and start on the office!
  #942   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-22, 08:06

BF:

Lori, I hope BIL moves on so you can get a good night's sleep. That would be highly annoying!!

Trig, oh Hon, super big hugs to you right now, for reals. Like, BIG ONES, to the extent that you would tolerate me before pushing me off! lolol

You have a LOT dropping on your plate lately, truly, and honestly you are still processing the loss of your Mom and will be for quite some time. I'm sure Chop's Mom's medical issues are bringing up a lot as well. And the tooth- that is JUST WRONG AND UNFAIR OMG.

Carowinds is big fun- I'm sure your Girlie will be delighted with that. There is lots of time for memory making both ahead of you and beyond her going to college, but I know exactly the feelings you are having.

Jaz- I know you will be checking in soon!

•••••••••

Things are fine here. Turns out my SIL and nephew are staying until Sunday. I misunderstood the situation bc I wasn't originally going to be here at all. It has been fine so far though. Not my favorite, having folks here, but still okay.

Hanging out today- cooler and windy so not a good beach day but a nice day to hang on the porch. I even have a cardigan on right now!

Not much else of value to add- my right knee is being a brat again for literally no reason at all. I read somewhere that menopause can cause joints to act up a little now and again, and I am wondering if that is what is going on. Seems to migrate back and forth, L or R knee. Weird.

Have a good Saturday!

JAZ- We crossposted. I think you are wise to see about your job. It honestly sounds like it could be a good fit for you, for real. Lots of positives for sure.

GO YOU with being back to your Low also! Excellent!

DS23 is feeling much better, DH and I are fine.
  #943   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-22, 10:21

BF:

Home from the golf course where I nearly froze to death! I wore shorts & luckily had a lite jacket in my golf bag. Fierce wind and so freakin' cold. Not a blink of sun except for about 30 seconds near the end of our round. I was never so happy to be back in my car and headed home!

I mislead you all.......I'm NOT hosting the grad party. We were invited to a nearby restaurant where they have a separate room to use for small events. Someone else did all the planning. We will show up, eat a bite, congratulate DGS and come home! BIL said he's heading home(2 hrs away) after.....thank goodness! I may actually get some sleep tonight!
  #944   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-22, 05:14

BF:

Good Morning!

Ahhh......a good night's sleep with just a brief interruption at 3AM to let the cat out. Got up at 6 when the bright sun came streaming in our bedroom window. We have a later tee time today and the weather is going to be gorgeous, if only around 70 degrees & breezy. Having the sun out will make all the difference.

DGS's grad party was nice. It was a small, family event with only about a dozen people. Dan even came! It was good to see him and he thanked us again for "helping him out". I want to be mad at him, but he's such a nice guy, in a really tough spot, that it's hard to hold a grudge. It's only money, after all.

----------

Nic......I have been having "pain" in my knees the past 2 days too! It is just an achy pain that feels like what I imagine arthritis feels like. Sigh........Will you have a bit of down time in DE after your weekend company leaves? Nice that you and DH are on the same mission for "cleaning up the eating" after some days of indulgences. Team work!

Jaz.....It really sounds like your job may work out for you a bit. So important to have nice people to work with. As far as the people in your face all day....I'm sure that is kind of a shock to you after your many months of working from home and being alone. I'm so glad you don't have to deal with a long commute and traffic. The proximity of Ruger's day care and the job sounds about as perfect as it could be.

Trig......So sorry that you had to cancel your plans. I know it hurts. The feeling you have about losing time with your DD is kind of the same thing I have been feeling with my DSis. She will be 80 this year and we have lost 2+ years of opportunity for doing stuff together with the pandemic etc. I also have to curb my resentment that DH & I can't go anywhere together because of our responsibilities regarding Betty. I'm glad we did a lot of traveling when we did as I don't know if we'll ever get to do much more. We want to go to Alaska someday. Hoping we can do that. All that to say......I feel ya. You have a lot crashing down on you. Take time to feel all the feels and let out the frustration. ((Hugs))

----------

Well, I have about an hour to figure out what to have for breakfast and then pull myself together for golf.

I hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Jun-19-22 at 05:23.
  #945   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-22, 15:47

BF:

Hey all-

Checking in and back in MD. DH and I went out to breakfast this morning at a place he has been longing to go to, and then we did outback takeout for dinner. Both of us hopping on the wagon tmrw. He also played PB for the first time since he had hurt his foot and that went well, so a good day for him all around.

He and I are both tired. I have been having trouble falling asleep the past few nights- two of them I just had trouble settling before 1 AM even though I was in the bed, and then last night DS20 stopped in at 11 PM to chat for an hour. LOL It was great to see him though, honestly. You'd think we'd see him more but it has worked out well. He gave notice at the job he has in Ocean City, and is also doing Door Dash. He plans to go work at the camp in PA for six weeks or so, from about mid-July.

DD and SoIL has a HECK of a time getting to Disney- missed their connecting flight bc the airplane was double booked at the gate, then got put on another flight but their luggage was nowhere to be found. They finally got their bags at something like 11 PM and got to Disney after midnight. It was something like a 16 hour day for them. Ugh!

SoIL's father is in poor health and that was on sad display at Disney. Apparently he only lasted about an hour, and could do limited walking. He is in his 70s. I feel for poor SoIL, he is awfully young to have to worry about his dad like that.

DS23 is feeling well and is trying to set up for an online poker game with his Dad tonight, very sweet!

Lori- Sounds like a great weather day for golf for you today. Quite cool out for summer!
Glad the grad party went so well and your BIL went home!
Hugs to you on your achy knees. What the heck!

Hi to Jaz and Trig!