Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#901   ^
Old Fri, Jun-10-22, 07:11

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey y'all!

DH and I are on the train headed into NYC- currently stopped and picking up folks in Philly. So far, so good although I made a fairly major booboo and left my WALLET at home! I hadn't had coffee yet and am traveling with my backpack and forgot to get my wallet out of my purse. First time to forget to do that! Luckily I have the train ticket printed and in my backpack, plus the Broadway show tickets in my Apple Wallet on my phone. Hotel info is on my phone, including confirmation of payment. Vax card is on my phone. So I should be okay. Fingers crossed!

I've been joking to DH that it's the perfect time to off me- I'd be the classic Jane Doe! It will very strange to have no form of payment on me. I've never had to ask Dh for anything as I usually handle all the financial stuff.

Trig- you never had heartburn during your pregnancies?? I am VERY prone to acid reflux and GERD and have been dealing with it for decades. Sounds like you got a full on acid wash though and those are very, very painful. If it happens again, ever, get some milk or something and drink some- it will neutralize that for you quickly.

Lori- I hope your golf isn't as slow as you think it might be. And if it is, I hope your playing partner can just chill and enjoy the experience for what it is- fun, socialization and some exercise.

Jaz- I'm sure you'll be checking in soon!

WEll, not much else to report. Just hanging on the train! Then we'll drop our bags at the hotel and wander off into the city since DS23 is working today.
Sponsored Links
  #902   ^
Old Fri, Jun-10-22, 07:50

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Howdy from my corner of the world!

Trig-
Ohhhhhh Acid refux is the WORST. I have had it once or twice and I know exactly how you felt. Then the burning goes on for a minute! I am tempted to say pepperoni and spices is what got ya! Pepperoni and dairy nails me. I rarely get it because I don't like processed meats. Slim Jims give me "issues" too!
Def get peel and eat shrimp. You reminded me I have JUMBO gulf TX shrimp in my freezer! Yes please. I am going to pull it out and have that with crab cakes on Sunday! I am going to boil the shrimp (in Old bay) and then chill and have peel and eat too!

Sorry your weather sucks. That is weird because beyond stellar here today, tomorrow and through Tue. Hey, you can still have a great time anytime the waves are kissing your feet and they are in the sand!
Glad you all are feeling better.

Lori- Is this the same partner that throws temper tantrums and embarrassed herself at the club house? If so, it sounds like she has some real ISSUES! I might be looking for another partner. Speaking of- is there a group you can join?

Glad your weather is holding out fine for you!

Hummmm- that is sweet of you to make hubby a dessert he likes. I see the strawberries are in season right now. Not big into fruit but some are.
What are you making for dinner tonight?

Nic- OMG I agree that you have the best of all worlds! You have a beach house, home base MD, and not far from NYC! I know you will be proud to hang out with DS and let him show you his digs and big town! HAHAHAHAH. I truly am so fascinated by NYC and all the little tucked in pizza and mom and pop stores. It's like every neighborhood has it's own personality. At least that is my perception. It is my bucket list to see.

B I N G O......... better be careful before you tell me you have bought a golf cart to ride in and play horse shoes! You PARTY animal you!!!! Hey, I have seen some pretty "pimped out" golf carts!
It sounds like life sans the "oldies" is humming along. We all have that coming at us at some point! Enjoy your weekend! Are you leaving tonight and taking the train?
---------------------------------------------------------
So I got an email of all the classes they want me to have completed PRIOR to Monday! I have never had to do work like this PRIOR to orientation. Usually, it is a part of orientation and I get PAID for that day! Hummmmm insert eyeroll.

I am still organizing my closet. OMG I have a ton of clothes. I am making piles of : Winter, Summer, Work, Goodwill. I am happy all fit and some are too big. They fit nicely. I forgot I bought some dress pants in DE and some tunics with them. They fit great. Found my lab jacket and I feel pretty good that I do not need to spend $$ to get started.

Do I feel ready? NO and NO........ remember what it was like before the first day of a new school? Well I got that going on. You know what is funny is that I have had so many jobs and I still get that first day of work angst every time! It will pass and I will get into a routine and then the honey moon phase will be over.

I got a call from my Ex yesterday, out of the blue. We ended on friendly terms and he has remarried so I pretty much do not call unless it involves the kids and urgent.
However, yesterday would have been our 38 anniversary. I thought about it yesterday too and it must have crossed his mind too. He was calling to say congrats on the new job (he heard it from son) he does ask from time to time. We had a friendly chit chat and that was that. It was sorta sad, but yet I am glad there is no animosity or disrespect with each other. We chat a couple times a year to catch up. We are better apart then we were together. We were VERY young! I met him at 15, FIFTEEN, and was engaged at 16 and married a week after I got out of high school.
Back then it was common. Different world now. I would have a cow if my daughter was engaged at 16! Anyway, enough of that.

I need to finish up this work for work, finish up my closet and think about what I am serving tomorrow with my Vegan friend.
All good stuff.

Today is ribs in slow cooker and done. I use a dry rub to cook that I make: Salt, garlic, pepper, smoked paprika, and chili pepper. Then I MIGHT use a ranch to dip when cooked. I don't like sweet BBQ sauce. There is a NC yellow BBQ sauce with low sugar and made with vinegar I like. I might get that.
No sides today, don't need them.

Gotta run!

Edited: Crossed posted with NIC- Off to read your post! SAFE TRAVELS!!!!!
  #903   ^
Old Fri, Jun-10-22, 09:26

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

yea Jazz I am sure you ain't ready 'for the workplace' LOL but you can see how it goes and see how ya wanna roll later in life. All experiences do show us our way so at least it has that going for it, plus a paycheck

more clean you do eat those spices/rubs you use will go by the wayside as your body cleans out more, and then you see what rubs/spices do to us. I ain't going near paprika ever again in my lifetime LOL

Nicco......yea heartburn. IN the tummy. Had with kid and some mylanta fixed it BUT THIS was ACID up into my throat in a big way. Stopped me dead in my tracks. My throat is still raw this morning and I have to say, literally, I NEVER want that experience in my life. I will eat what suits me to avoid that ever again....of course the booze I am sure had a hand in the reflux up the entire ephog. into the throat but damn ya know.

heard of reflux, never had it, it ain't nothing like heartburn in the tummy...ugh.

those who suffer, omg I couldn't imagine dealing with that in my daily life wondering if it would hit or if I eat xyz or ?? So I am fixing this issue asap and not looking back.

--------------cloudy. out on beach water is cold tho. no one swim but shell collecting mostly.

back to cook me up 2 big cheeseburger patties. 11:30 and I need food
  #904   ^
Old Fri, Jun-10-22, 14:02

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Home from golf. Made another shortcake for DH, showered and unpacked a bunch of boxes that were delivered today. Finally collapsed in my recliner. I had a ham and turkey wrap at the bar after our round and brought home 1/2. DH will have that 1/2 wrap and a piece of leftover pizza. Done. He also can try the fresh shortcake later.

Jaz.....you asked about a group I could join at the golf club. There is a ladies group I'm a member of, but I don't really like playing with them. Most of them are older and so freakin' pokey and slow. Drives me nuts. I am playing with a couple of them on Sunday since my regular partner is going to a different course with another friend. On Sunday I have to leave my house at 6:30 for a 7:15AM tee time. Too early!

Trig.....Hope your reflux is gone. That must be terrible. I've never experienced that.

Nic.....Oh man....forgetting your wallet. I would be freaking out. It sounds like you have all you need on your phone so hopefully it won't be an issue for you.

A quick dinner and that's it from here. I am pooped.
  #905   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-22, 04:33

BF:

Lori, pokey slow and golf don't go together
enjoy your early morn golf day!!

Hi Nicco and Jazz

-----------feel wonderful back on my plain azz good ol' meat.
got dragged out to dinner last night. 4 oz sirloin. $20. HELL NO
I got 1/2 lb peel eat shrimp and some melted butter and ate that while the family hounded down 2 appetizers and 2 main courses. $133 out the door. shoot me LOL not bad for tourist area I guess but damn, these bills stacked on my gas to drive here, frugal ol' me is having kanipshons on it....how does one spell kanipshon fits? no clue

oh well....got $, guess I need to spend some every now and then.

today is burgers later.
then being dragged out to eat again tonight but this time a steak place. I know I can do a ribeye but my wallet is gonna hate the price. but I will eat it. if I keep barely not eating at restaurants hubby kinda fits out a bit if I do it all the time, so this time I will order a damn steak and he will smile a bit HA

weather weird kinda. cooler. not a fan. cloudier and not a fan but fun trip I guess

leave tomorrow for home.
  #906   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-22, 05:22

BF:

Good Morning!

Put cat out at 3:30 and then back to bed until 6:30. I had a bit of a rough night. My hips and legs were achy and restless. About 1AM I woke up just thrashing around trying to get my hips and legs to stop wanting to move. Horrible feeling. I guess they're just tired. I put a lot of miles on walking the golf course(lots of hills) and the other day when I walked to go get my car at the shop, I went up over a pretty steep hill near here.....I think my old body is starting to rebel. Too bad......going back at it today!

Trig.....Oh yeah....going out to eat adds up quickly, especially when you add in appetizers etc. I hope you get a good steak tonight.

I'll check in later for Jaz & Nic. I have to throw some bacon in the oven and I'll be wolfing some of that down for breakfast. Later tee time today at 9:50. I think tomorrow's early tee time will be cancelled.....rain coming. I won't be sad as I need a down day.

Later!
  #907   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-22, 06:58

BF:

Lori, you and me both!!! I want a good steak.
restaurant is Mermaids Island Grill.
there are damn near 0 options on restaurants here.
very secluded area plus it is kept very natural with no big hotels and all that so it makes it nice, but hard to kinda eat out as they got ya captive on prices LOL

I am gonna research the menu again. be planned well in advance and come to terms with paying quadruple for my steak then I do at home HA

Restless legs, omg I always hated that. I don't get it anymore, very rare if I do but before I did. Might be your body adjusting to all your 'new golf season' and it should go away I would think. I never found 'anything to take' for it either like herbal or some supp pill, seems it nails ya when it wants to nail ya hope you feel better tonight tho!

----------hubby surf fish
I am cleaning sand out of rv and made him some ham biscuits and kid sleeping and doggie walked and done and now I am gonna get the detector and try again.
not even ANY trash on this beach. SO clean. AND NO good hits on detector.....but I will try again
  #908   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-22, 08:28

BF:

Good Morning Gal Pals!

Trig- glad to hear you are feeling better! Nothing worse than feeling wonky on a trip! OMG on your conniption fits! I thought I was the only one to use that term. I don't know if I spelled it right! I had to sound it out! That is a very Midwest thing to say! HAHAHAHAHAH-

I so feel ya on the $$ to eat out and most of it is CRAP! See below on my lunch dilemma! I so get it!

Enjoy your day- it's BEACH and more beach! I am shocked your not getting sun! You will still have a great time!

Lori-
rough on restless legs. It very well could be you are using them alot! HAHAHAH Or you need some magnesium.

I love ham wraps! Yum. How do you just eat a HALF a wrap and not wolf down the entire thing? LOLOL. I am using the egg life wraps Nic told us about and make a wrap often when I just want to grab "something"- they are perfect and don't blow the WOE.

Have fun with the oldies on the course! You crack me up on how determine you are with your game!

What boxes came you had to unpack? You getting boxes again?

Nic- are you in the City now? Where are you staying? How was your trip? Do you eat bagels there! LOLOLOL. Hey You know I am going to have to bite the bullet and experience NYC here one day soon!
Do you board your dogs when you both travel? Have a safe trip- can't wait to hear about it!
---------------------------------------------------------
So I spent most of yesterday getting "ready" for work. They assigned 14 modules of stuff I consider orientation videos and testing PRIOR to Monday! Hummmmm. I will let it go, but still.

Of all the places I have worked I would have to say this position has the most dysfunctional onboarding process I have ever seen. Insert eyeroll. Well, I will give it a go and see...........

So I was supposed to have a friend over for lunch today. I was going to make lunch (I hate eating lunch). She is a 3 squares and 2 snacks and Vegan to boot. WTH to fix? Not only that I just don't feel "ready" to have people in just yet. I still have a few boxes out and not quiet put together.

So....... I had to find a restaurant that will give me steak bites and her starch, sugar and meat free whatever. So Zoe's Mediterranean Grill it is.
I am going to get a steak kabob plain (no spices) and wrap it up and take it home. I just can't eat at noon. So that will be that. She eats a ton of carbs, because after all it doesn't matter the carbs as long as there is no animal products in it!

Going to drop off Ruger for a few hours while I am out and about today!

I woke up with a stuffy head and need to stop and get some nose spray. It helps for me. I have been out for a week now. I am also just grumpy. I have no reason other than I just feel sorta stuffed up and my gut doesn't feel great this morning either. (not sure why) no cheats.
I need to adjust my mood. The sun is out, my move is over, my place is cute, I have lost a pound to boot to hit a new low! I just feel I am dragging. It's most likely due to the whirl wind last two weeks.

Anyway- need to go put on a little makeup, and look like I care about my appearance this morning! My hair is up in a loose bun and I am not doing crap with that. It is what it is. At least I will have on lipstick and a cute top and shorts and good to go. I will feel okay after some more coffee and fresh air!

Later gators
  #909   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-22, 19:54

BF:

Checking in tmrw morning. 15k steps and 22 flights of stairs. I am whipped!!!!
  #910   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-22, 04:47

BF:

Good Morning!

Wow! Did I ever sleep well! I took an AdvilPM and I was out in minutes and slept hard. We made Gabby stay outside last night so I could have an uninterrupted night. Just laying low today. Scale was WAY up this morning, so have to carefully track what I'm eating for a few days. I need 3+ lbs. gone pronto! I know it's not fat, but bloat and water, but don't like seeing that number. Yikes!

Jaz.....you asked about the boxes I received yesterday. It was just my monthly Amazon subscribe and save stuff. Vitamins, soap, cat treats etc. Nothing exciting. I canceled all my clothing subscription boxes when I thought we were going to have to move. I may get one now and then just for fun. As far as food/meal boxes, I stopped getting all those too. I did just sign up for a trial of a new one because they gave me a good deal. It is called RealEats. I'm just going to get a few meals a week to try. It comes out of the finger lake region of NY and features locally sourced food. I'm getting so tired of figuring out what to make for dinner EVERY night. Although DH is happy to eat simply, it's still stressing me out! I'll try RealEats for a couple weeks and see how it goes. Easy to cancel anytime.

I'm glad I decided to cancel out on golf today. It looks like it's going to rain any minute. Plus, I just need a couple days off. I'm off tomorrow because I have an eye doctor appt. It is much needed. I can tell I need new specs as once the golf ball gets about 100 yards away, I can't see it. I hate to spend the $$ on new glasses, but gotta be able to see! Of course, I have to have the unbreakable titanium frames that cost the earth. I have had the same frames for a long time, so I'm due for new ones. This will be my 3rd pair of titanium frames. I have just been getting new lenses in the same frames, but I want new ones. I'm thinking a fun color like purple or blue. I get rimless, so it's just the sides and nose bridge that will be a fun color, but I need something to brighten me up!

More coffee needed. Have good days!
  #911   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-22, 05:16

BF:

Lori glad ya got great sleep.
I like the look of those rimless glasses. I bought me a pair of my cheapy eye magnifying specs to read labels in rimless. can't live without them.

RealEats. will go check them out from curiousity. I love how you experiment wtih your options on how to cook less!

Hey Jazz and Nicco

---------ok guys....homeward bound today. got up a bit ago and will pack up....not much to pack honestly....never is for a shorty trip.....so off we go home.

chat up later, be good all
  #912   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-22, 07:51

BF:

Hey Ladies!

Just did reading to catch up with you all. It has been a whirlwind, fall into bed sort of trip. I opened my computer this morning to find all my "daily tabs" from yesterday opened and not one read. lol That pretty much NEVER happens!

Trig- Sounds like your trip was just okay. Expensive restaurants, cooler weather and a painful acid wash! Hopefully your next beach trip will be warmer and Beachier.

lol on the conniption fits phrase- I have heard/used that phrase too.

Lori- Restless legs are very unpleasant. To me it equates to how it feels when you feel a sneeze building up and then the leg jerking is the sneeze, except it all feels like electrical impulses to me. When I get jumpy legs it usually means I am way overtired. I get that and also my ears "rush"- a roaring wave, in and out sound. Those are key signs for me that I have overdone it, am overtired and my body is staging a coup!

Enjoy your couple of days of down time- I know after that you will be more than ready to get back to it!

Jaz- Big day tmrw! Not at all surprised that you would feel jittery starting up. I think that is completely and utterly normal no matter how many times you 'start over.' Did you get all your stuff done in prep?

Congrats on a new low!! You are just killing it!

•••••••••••••••

Yesterday was a doozy. DH and I were both a mess. Walking in a city is just not the same as walking elsewhere- the concrete sidewalks and many flights of stairs take a toll on my body in a totally different way.

DS got us lost looking for a specific place to eat dinner and we were walking, walking, walking - both times getting where we were going to find out that it wasn't what he was expecting. Turns out it wasn't his fault- restaurant had changed locations in the past 10 days- but we were all cross by that point!

Happily, it ended with us going to, of all things, an ALBANIAN restaurant that his friend recommended. Literally a hole in the wall, blink and you'll miss it NYC restaurant and it was GOOD. I love being exposed to new things (typically- every now and again it is a no from me- like the Ethiopian food we had in Europe- yuck to me!) and we each got a different thing on the menu and shared it, and then we got three desserts and shared those. It was all very good but as you can imagine, my gut was not a happy camper overnight. Bloat to the MAX!

We saw Hadestown on Broadway and oh my, that was good. We really enjoyed that tremendously!

The night before we ate at a Panzerotti shop- first panzerotti I had since I was a 13 year old living in Italy. Close but not exactly the same. Still a fun experience to have.

Today we are going to Ellen's Stardust Diner to eat and listen to some Broadway hopefuls sing and entertain. We expect we'll be waiting about an hour in line to get in. We'd been planning to go to the MoMA in the afternoon but we'll see how we are feeling. We're pretty tuckered out! Train leaves at 5 to come on back home.

Jaz- I have had a bagel- well, most of one. I had half yesterday, then a quarter this morning and will throw away the rest. But heck yeah I gotta do it. Certain NYC things are must do's for me.

It has been a good trip, busy and active and fun. I had brought DS a bunch of clothes from Costco and he picked what he will keep and I will take the rest back, as expected.

That's about it from here! I'll get dressed shortly and we'll head out for our last day on the town!
  #913   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-22, 07:57

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- ahhhh gotcha on the boxes! It's nice you have stuff that just "comes" and you don't have to think about it, and make a store run for staples. I should do that too as I have prime!

I too am going to check out your new food box. I too am curious about what you make as it always seems interesting. I know the Publix here (maybe Krogers there) has now started the "TAKE AND BAKE" dinners. They are all put together and you just bake them. They also have meal kits for 17.00 for 2 meals in it. I think it is a bit pricey but some folks love it.

Yup I am having a putter day and so happy about it.

Trig- goodness time flies when one of us is on vacay! Safe travels home and I am glad you were able to get out with a change of scenery and everyone is healthy again!

Whatever happened with your pool issue?
Any news on when the house is hitting the market?

Nic,
- Holy cow my feet would be sore! They are sore just sitting here!!!
I can't wait to hear of your adventures.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday turned out so pleasant! The sun was bright and skies blue and HOT all day! Speaking of- going to be tipping close to 100 in the next 2 days. Heat wave coming out way, and not in a good way! There is heat and there is HEAT!

Anyway, I had lunch with my friend. She agreed to meet me at a Mediterranean grill. So, I said in PLAIN ENGLISH- 2 steak kabobs PLAIN! Please do not add the shaker of spice or put anything on them.
They came out with a sauce instead with a teriyaki sugar infused grossly dripping juice. I flagged the gal and said- no thank you please give me another order with NOTHING ON IT PERIOD! I wasn't rude, but she seemed so confused. She had me repeat what I meant by "nothing"? SAY WHAT????
So finally I got 2 steak kabobs cooked med rare and OMG were they good!
They gave me veggies on the side because I think but that time they wanted nothing to touch my meat! I gave my veggies to my friend who gobbled them up. I didn't need them and found them to be on the raw side anyway. So in the end- I got what I wanted and it was good. It just took a bit of talking. I just don't get what people don't understand about NOTHING? urghhhhhh

Anyway, after all that lunch was great and I caught up with me friend. She is a dear .
I came back after picking up Ruger at day care and then hit the pool. I didn't stay long there because it was super crowded and I don't like crowds. Also, there were several groups hanging out getting loud and drinking and smoking weed.

I don't care if people smoke weed at all as long as I don't smell it fine. But once it hits MY AIR SPACE not so cool. So I just left.
I was thinking "is this because I moved back to the city"? I don't think so I had the same issue in Pooler/Savannah. Weed is everywhere now and common place. Almost legal everywhere. I wish people would just eat the dam gummies and be done with it!

I still need to organize my work clothes. That is on the to do list for today and that is all I am doing. Really too hot to do much out rather than swim. I truly just want to chill today as next week is going to be crazy busy!

The scales gave up 2 pounds and I am at a new low! Whoot! I am down ..................... 42 pounds....... saying that very fast and backing up from the bounce house!!!!! I am so slowly still dropping. A half pound here, a pound there and then nothing for 4-5 days and then a drop....

Steak bites in the oven today as I didn't have time to slow cook them- I waited too long and the morning is half over. They will still be awesome. I will also make up some taco meat. I using my own seasoning- not from a pouch, no sugar.

That is it ladies- off to putter and another cup of coffee. Bought one 2 dollar scratch off lotto ticket in hope of not having to work (ever), nope- starting tomorrow!
  #914   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-22, 13:42

BF:

HI Lori
WOW Nicco...that trip is sounding rough but fun as heck my girlfriends and I took the Path train from Jersey into NYC for hitting the jewlery district to buy for my friends store...omg we walked and walked and walked til I swore my legs were gonna fall off....I get ya on that walking LOL heck I was younger than too

Your adventures are great to read...so enjoy you guys having a blast!!

Jazz, super cool on your lbs down. Strict on plan get results

I AM SO with ya on ordering out. I ordered a ribeye (8 oz. was $25) and I did it just to appease hubby cause he wanted to hit this dive bar and it was great food....but I said NO special garlic lemon butter sauce as advertised on it and NO seasonings, nothing, nada, no salt or pepper. Plain steak. It came with this 'red azz seasoning' all over it. Instant look as he set it down I said NOPE....take back. I want nothing, nada, 0, don't touch it in any way, cook a bit to rare and serve and it came back perfect but of course overcooked to a hard medium.....ugh...but it tasted ok. So get ya!!

----------------home a bit ago. laundry going. hubby mowing where the rv is parked. pool handled and filter running. emptying fridge/freezer food and got dog fed and and and and I got a ton of shit to handle.

back of rv got 'hit by something' on the road. slight damage we hope our guy Ken can fix easily. come here to home and fix we hope with cheap cost. I tell ya guys, always something.

fast track finish house cleanup.

driving home hubby chewed a piece of gum.....broken tooth. yup the damn thing chunked off with filling and tooth. So tomorrow is this issue. If I gotta pay for a crown....don't get me going.

Costs are thru the f'ing roof! to fill the genny tank on the rv was $133 and put over 200 easily in big azz truck this trip.

I am re-evaluating it all from phones to cable to internet and more and I am dumping and changing it all. Just need to to research...ugh...plus told kid all those 'useless snack crap goodies' are gonzo from the grocery for just a few good things she likes and told hubby, get used to making burger alot of ways! I am taking control of the cash in the house LOL oh my gosh me and being frugal....something it irks me hearing me but damn ya know HAHA

over and out
  #915   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-22, 17:03

BF:

Nic- Wow on all that walking! I get hot and then my feet start hurting and I am totally grumpy. I also hate walking and walking and walk lost!!!!! I get "over that" real quick!
Glad however the rest of the trip was fun and awesome and sounded like you had a great time! I bet there are not alot over older overweight people in the city is there?!?!?!? Every picture I have seen is younger and trim! I know why- older and heavy people would be trampled.

Safe travels home. It that 5pm today or 5 am tomorrow you leave? I thought it might be 5 pm so hubby could make it to work tomorrow.
What time frame is that a 3 hour trip? Train and auto?

Trig- goodness right there with you on NOTHING ON THE FREKIN MEAT!
You are back in full home mode now it sounds like. So is the pool ready and all fixed up?

Prices of everything is not going to get better for a good minute. "They" are saying we are in a recession that is going to deepen before it gets better. Stock market is in the crapper and we all are just waiting. That is what we do- WAIT it out. I am thinking next Spring and everything MIGHT rebound. It also could get uglier before it gets better. Urgh. You are smart to ditch unnecessary items.
However, Aldie has super cheap snacks and crap for CHEAP for the kiddo.

Lori- How was your putter day? I love those! Grab them while ya can!!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------
I wanted a putter day but it just didn't turn out that way!

First I got this email in my box this morning that I need to go tomorrow to get a pic for my badge. My hair is showing roots and gray big time. Every 6-8 weeks like clock work it needs done. I thought I would do it Friday, then Sat, then OMG I need it done today!!! So the place I go to was OUT of my color! So I had to drive another 30 minutes to get to a place I knew had it.

Score...... but then I was right next to a place that does brakes, tires and oil changes and I knew I DESPERATELY needed an oil change. So I sat for an hour while that happened.
I also needed filters and and and and $$$$$$ - car running like a top now and air blowing nicely!

Then I remembered I needed shampoo and stopped at another place and ended up with lipstick, hair products and this and that. Next thing I knew it was like going on 2:30.

I have made "friendly" with a gal across the hall and to the right. Anyway, she stopped over with a pizza and said hey I have pizza want to share?!?!?!
I thanked her and told her I had an allergy to flour and dairy but I really loved the thought. So she said, well then do you want to sip a glass of wine on the patio?????
BINGO. Then it was 430 and I had not started dinner, hungry as all get out and nothing got done today. I am feeling a bit frazzled.

I am about to "do" my hair and finish my closest. I ended up making beef stew. My stew only has mushrooms, garlic, and onions and a tiny bit of tomato paste and goes in the oven for 2-3 hours and comes out so frekin good.
Now I have a kitchen to clean as well while my hair is "processing".

WHY could I have NOT gotten that scratch off lotto so my butt could be in route to a beach for good??????? Well I only play 2 bucks a month maybe, and hell I married wrong! There ya have it! I might was well blame the ex! I got nothing in that way truth be told. We both agreed to just walk away. He didn't have a pot to piss in and I supported him and was glad he didn't hit me up for alimony. Sighhhhhhhhh
This is just all angst over the new start tomorrow- I know this.

I don't know why this one seems bigger than all the others. Maybe because it cost so much to move? It took me a long to get an offer and I am not getting younger???? Ageism is alive and well in the work place? I dunno. Just a bit stressed.

Well time to hit up the hair and clean my dishes and try to relax with a movie. I need to be up at 5 tomorrow and sign in at 7 am. Tomorrow is mostly at home on Zoom, facial!

Safe Travels Nic!