Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-01, 18:11

Plan: CA
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Happy I am back to LC eating

Hello everyone,
I am new to your group and happy to be here. I discovered Carbo Addicts a couple of years ago and it changed my life. I had been one of those very low fat/high carb dieters --believing the literature of the day but gaining and gaining and feeling really bad. I even was vegetarian for five years thinking that this was the healthiest way to eat -- lots of plant food most of which was so high in carbohydrates, a low in protein.

Discovering carb addicts helped me understand how my body processes food and why "normal" eating is so hard for me.

On CA I lost 65 lbs the first year and felt great. Then, a serious illness/surgery/treatment over months wreaked havoc on me. I gained back that and more.

Now, health wise I'm doing great and I'm back to LC eating - finally! It feels really good. I have been playing around with Atkins and PP but I am having trouble staying on those programs. So I'm back to CA. Two years ago I had no problem staying with the program and NEVER felt the urge to "cheat". I hope I can get back to that feeling.

I have a long way to go and I look forward to supporting/sharing/and meeting you all along the way.
Darcy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-01, 18:21
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum Darcy!

You sound like you've got a good handle on CAD. There are other CAD'ers here, looking for advice. We're sometimes at a loss to assist them because most of us are PP or Atkins, so, stick around!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-01, 18:30

BF:
Progress:

Thanks Karen!
BTW, I tried to post an offer to help with summarizing CA if no one else want to do it but I don't see my post. Hmmmm.... newbies!
Darcy
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-01, 18:34
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by darcy
Thanks Karen!
BTW, I tried to post an offer to help with summarizing CA if no one else want to do it but I don't see my post. Hmmmm.... newbies!
Darcy

Must be this one:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...7042#post117042

It's there. Don't worry, you'll get used to it in no time.

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-01, 18:54

BF:
Progress:

Got it! Thanks Wa'il
Darcy